Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hope We Get the same Response as F150online

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I understand, Mark, however, the forum I'm referring to is for HD F150s. I personally don't look at the other threads on that site.

It just seems to me that the trolls and others who cause a lot of trouble tend to be those that don't understand the 'brotherhood', most likely because they've never experienced it by owning a bike and riding with 'brothers'. It's kind of an unwritten law.

The HDF150 forum was more like this when I joined back in May. Most guys, bike owners or not, were helpful, complimented each other on their mods, and learned a little something along the way. I think that's what most people are looking for.

Okay, I will get off my soap box now;)

Nicky Extreme
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am going to have to agree with BillP on the brotherhood theory. Owning these trucks are just like owning one of the bikes you see someone with one you feel connected to them somehow.
    And I think it has to do with there is a lot less hd guys then L guys so there is less of a competitive nature. L guys are out to prove that there better than all the other L, while the HD guys are a smaller closer family.
    Just my opinion
    NHTOC #9

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't want to burst your bubble guys but, this is the internet and people can/will say anything with complete bravado and virtually(pardon the pun) no consequences.

I not only visit numerous websites, I have created a number of them and started an internet IPO or two.

People can pretend to be anyone/thing they want on the internet which gives themthe freedom (or so they think) to say/do anything.

It would be nice if it didn't get out of hand but, if so, this would be the first site I have seen that that was accomplished with.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes, but certain forums seem to encourage flaming, and others will not tolerate it, so hopefully we will keep things civil.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ayrton, you summed it up nicely!
    2005 Harley-Davidson Roadglide

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    yup, ayrton said it!

i really like f150online, but geez, in ken's post about the NHTOC board opening up, somehow it got turned around into being taken as a bash against f150online and went down the tubes already

can't we all just get along? :p obviously not i guess. LoL

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    yup, ayrton said it!

i really like f150online, but geez, in ken's post about the NHTOC board opening up, somehow it got turned around into being taken as a bash against f150online and went down the tubes already

can't we all just get along? :p obviously not i guess. LoL
    Oh how I would comment but yall know me better..

It's all in how you all receive new people with less experience.. Like said above in this post it will happen, but how everyone takes it is what will make the site and the family stronger.. Trust me been there and done this, heck still there doing it eh?

Forever Uunorganized

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Do you ever notice that when you have a troublemaker over at FTW, they just get deleted with no fan fare or speech from the moderator, but at the “other” site there always has to be a pissing contest between the flamer and the moderator before someone gets banned.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's apples and oranges guys. The only fair comparison this site would have is the NLOC but even then, no comparison. This site is in infancy and it is a site and club dedicated to one specific vehicle that is very unique in design, status and price (kind of like the Harley Davidson vs. other bikes....Bill P. has touched on this issue already in another thread). The other two sites are dedicated to many vehicles and the Harley F150 just happens to be one of them.

This is our site for our truck and that is the commonality here....much more specific and dedicated that those "other" sites. They serve their purpose (and they still have a purpose) and this site serves it's purpose. We all happen to think that we have the nicest truck built in America and that it stands out from the pack.

The Wall Street Journal did an article on Harley Davidson a couple years ago "The American Success Story". In the article it mentioned that Harley Davidson has the highest brand recognition and loyalty, worldwide, year after year, after year. I suspect that the Harley Davidson F150 truck owners will end up running a close second. There was prestige, status and recognition that went with the truck the day you drove it home. You guys are a great bunch of people and I appreciate getting to know you guys just a little bit, here and there. Happy trucking!
    NHTOC #4

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    JCZ... Amen, Bro!!!

(I'd put a thumbs up smiley here if we had one!)

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

H-D Brothers United!

I've been ridin' for over 33 years! ... have 3 different brands. But you know, ... it's just different on (or IN, for that matter) an H-D! As they say: If it needs to be explained ... then you couldn't understand! Many long years ago, I was in a marketing class that examined brand recognition/loyalty. It's no wonder why H-D, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, etc have trademarked their logos!
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2