Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please everyone read

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Post Please everyone read

Back in Feb 01 2003 this site was born specifically for those people that had Ford Harley trucks. The basis of this forum is to gather all the knowledge from may people to one site so we can provide help for those that need it. From choosing which tires preform better, what mods are safe and what might might be a overall better choice for the direction we want to take are truck. How many of you remember?Ken800,Richo,JCZ,Ayrton,N2TRUX,Shadow9,Ou tnumbered,Hogwild,ZoranC,Cool Azz Toys and 503Blackjack to name just a few?
    I do. Actually most came over from FTW or F150 online.
    Iv'e been around since almost the beginning right around the 2 week of this sites conception and have seen alot of people come and go. A few members on here I would call good friends even though I never met most of them. That's what Iv'e always like about this site, It's eagerness too help out those in need and give solid advice without any, for lack of better wording "Agenda" like some of the other sites.
    The bashing and back stabbing that has been happening recently really scares me and Truthfully hurts me. Why you might ask? Because I know what this site is capable of and all the good it's done over the almost 3yrs of it's existence. It just hurts me to see some of the same stuff that goes on at the other sites happening hear. Maybe I was naive to think that we could be better than those sites. I still have faith in this site that if We Work Together As A Whole Again We Can Rise And Be the Exceptional Board That We Used To Be. Not blaming anyone since it's not just ones persons fault. Maybe it's just the stresses of the world we live in today which are different than 3yrs ago Maybe it's something else? What I do know is I hope we can turn around this site to make it a fun loving family again rich with knowledge and fun times where we could throw around a joke here and there and not get personally offended by the joke or take constructive criticism without it turning ugly.
    Enough of my words from my heart. Please everyone reflect a moment on what Iv'e said and lets see if we can be that fun loving site once again.
    Sincerely
    Mark P Terry
    Aka
    Tazz
    Last edited by Tazz; 09-30-2005 at 08:54 PM.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amen.

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I couldnt agree more with you tazz...if I may add my own .02...

I havent been here since the very begining but close enough...I have watched this board sometimes from afar and sometimes on a day to day basis...we started as Tazz said as a small site dedicated to HDs..this forum has grown by leaps and bounds over the last couple of years and it both makes me proud of what we have accomplished and makes me sad when I see what we have become...how many people here were attracted to this forum because it was different than FTW and F150Online? There wasnt the cutting down of others and the negativity and sarcastic undertone used so frequently there...maybe NHTOC has become somewhat of a victim of our own success...maybe by being different we attracted so many new members (which is a good thing dont get me wrong) that they brought with them some of the manners they learned in the other forums around the net and without the founding members and the moderators here to keep the topics on target and the egos in check we have degenerated somewhat into what we all came here to escape...despite my negative tone i havent given up on NHTOC by any means and actually the funniest thing is that I havent even owned an HD in 2 years!! i sold my 01 a LONG time ago but the COMMUNITY and the FRIENDSHIPS are what kept me coming back...i even TRIED to swear off of this site and for a few months I never even checked in..but in the end the curiosity to see what my old buddies were up to brought me back here...its been a couple months since I came back here...lurking at first and more recently posting...but some of the attacks and negative attitudes have definitely soured me on alot of people that i dont even know here anymore...im not trying to sound like your grandfather telling a story about why everyone should get along..im simply saying that maybe its time for everyone here to check themselves and think about what we were founded on...friendships...helping others...information...and oh yea....THE TRUCKS!!!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    thats kinda the wrong attitude to have though. thats how f150online and the other sites used to be. let chit happen, and things will go on. yes its true, but it was definately a better place here when chit didnt have to happen at all

Tazz, i dont think anyone could have summed it up much better than that. you hit the nail square on the head my friend

every year around this time it usually gets a bit tense in the forums, but its coming a bit early this year i guess. usually it hits when winter comes and everybody gets anxious from being coop up inside.

just like Tazz, i've been around here since the beginning. actually i've been around since before the beginning. The site started in February, but look to the left, i was actually registered up a month before it was even online. lol. And being one of the guys who helped build up the site from the ground up, I designed the NHTOC logo so many of you's have stuck on the back windows of your trucks, and helped layout the forum categories, I guess I'm a bit more sensitive to attacks on the site and moderating because i take it on a more personal level even i somethings not directed at me, just since NHTOC has been my online home that i've helped build along with many others so long ago, and lately its started to feel like my home was being invaded and pushing me out because it hasnt felt the same this past month, and so many of the original members have disappeared. never would have imagined i'd be called a nazi moderator, especially since i hardly ever have to edit a post, just move an occasional thread here or there to the correct forum, which again i can no longer do for why knows why.

I still have faith in this site that if We Work Together As A Whole Again We Can Rise And Be the Exceptional Board That We Used To Be.

those were about the same words that got NHTOC started up when f150online went to hell. hopefully some of the newb's will catch this thread and maybe get an idea of how it used to be here instead of just jumping on the bandwagon and not realizing what this forum is when at its full potential.

and just as tazz said again, its no one persons fault. all of us at one time or another has said something that was probably over the line, or went too far, its only human nature. i know i've been on the edge a bit and under the stress lately with working 3 jobs now and barely having any free time, and the last thing i want to put up with online when i get home is an unfriendly forum. but time to use this thread as a reality check and start over again. forgive somebody, forget a past flame, start over again, and make NHTOC was it was so long ago. sounds sappy, but hey, this place is a much better atmosphere to be around when its a friendly site

NHTOC
    Last edited by Harley#356; 09-30-2005 at 09:28 PM.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey Tazz, are you talking about me you little piece of....

Just kidding. (Thanks again for the bra)

I know things can get a little testy for anyone at times. I even had a little spat with another member once, but we hugged and made up and even enjoyed some food and drinks together at GTG in Charlotte with several other NHTOC and NLOC members. (Though he did take some incriminating photos of me with a Hooters girl that I never saw posted, lol)

Anyway, even the best families will have fights on occasion. We just all need to remember to think of the spirit in which we are writing things and why we are writing them. Sometimes no response is better than being sucked into a war of words with someone who is pushing your buttons.

I love you guys, but your still not getting my Bud Light.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Exclamation

This site will clean up and get back on track or be no more...we will not continue the way it is going!

...Dwight...

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I see what you guys are talking about. Things have been getting a little tense lately. But, all of the arguments and snide comments that have been coming about lately, are from some of our oldest member (by oldest I mean been here the longest). I check in here everyday, sometimes two or three times if I have the time, and for the most part everyone is cool and very helpful to one another. This is the first forum I've ever joined in on and it's because of the commarodery(??) here. I don't want to see this place disappear, so if you have a problem with someone, discuss it with them through pm's so everyone else doesn't get involved and make it worse. Just my .02 cents.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i noticed a little somethin somethin going on but i am sure we will work through it. i have been on here just a couple of years and am so glad i found it. i never knew my truck had so much potential. we will be fine! the brotherhood will stand strong and we will continue to mod the hell out of these sweet azz trucks!

553-558 14lbs
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How much does it cost to maintain a site like this BTW......

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I too am not sure what is going on but I would hate to see this place go away because of a few individuals that can not keep there attitudes in check. I have been here since 04/2004. and have made some good friends, I have only met ONE of them but I do talk with others quite often and consider them GOOD Friends. This site has been my "Home Page" for ever and I check in several times a day to see whats up with my friends.

How many other sites do you find the kind of camaraderie we have here. How many other sites do you find people giving out of the goodness of there hearts like we do here. I remember when Josh had his truck violated, the out pour of help was astounding I never saw that on any other site. From that point on I knew this was a good place to be.

I still can not believe I have over 1400 posts, I contribute that to the willingness of others to help others.

Please people let us ALL KEEP this the best damn web site on the net
    Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

Excessive Speed
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey towcrazy,
    You've actually been here since 04/2003
    I love this site, I don't post much but I check in every day. This is a great group of people, I can't imagine anyone wants to see our club broken-up.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Re: Please everyone read

Originally posted by Tazz
    Back in Feb 01 2003 this site was born specifically for those people that had Ford Harley trucks. The basis of this forum is to gather all the knowledge from may people to one site so we can provide help for those that need it. From choosing which tires preform better, what mods are safe and what might might be a overall better choice for the direction we want to take are truck. How many of you remember?Ken800,Richo,JCZ,Ayrton,N2TRUX,Shadow9,Ou tnumbered,Hogwild,ZoranC,Cool Azz Toys and 503Blackjack to name just a few?
    I'm still here, just haven't been home much and haven't stayed in contact much because of bad internet connections.

Believe it or not I was happy with my truck stock, until I joined up here. The ideas and info from this site have been more than just useful, in some cases, down right ingenious. This has been, and will continue to be, one of the coolest sites on the internet. I believe, because of the people here, it won't go away.
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just my 2 cents. I've been a member of several messageboards and it really gets old to see flame wars and bitter attitudes. I used to hang out on a couple Mustang and Ford sites and had a good time for awhile, but then things got out of hand. People bashing each other at the drop of a hat, insults that were just uncalled for, racist remarks, etc. I really couldn't stand reading a post and being interested and then to read some reply with uncalled for bs. I stopped posting at one of the sites and rarely post at the other.

I must say that NHTOC is the most mature site I've been on. The posts on here are not just ranting or topics trying to get a rise out of someone. Even in the lounge the topics are good to read. I came here for 2 reasons: 1. to hang out with my fellow Harley truck owners and 2. for helpful information when needed regarding my truck.

Fortunately this site seems to have a more mature crowed, probably because of the cost of the truck, unlike the Mustang sites where 16 and 17 year olds hangout. When I need Mustang info I go to Corral or Stangnet. When I need F-150 info I go here usually and then maybe F150 Online.

Anyway, just glad this place is not so volatile. My advice, keep it civil, avoid racists, sexist, flammatory and political posts and this place will continue to be a good place to hang out at.
    2001 F150 Harley Davidson

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fellow members,

This site has been a blessing for me. I have found it informative and entertaining but what always brings me back is the brotherhood attitudes of our members. The willingness to always lend a hand, advice, or just being there for each other in a crisis has simply been incredible. I have NEVER seen a better forum for sharing ideas. Please DON'T let this site EVER fade away because of the actions of a few misguided souls. We all are too strong to allow that course of action.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HOGTRK
    Fellow members,

This site has been a blessing for me. I have found it informative and entertaining but what always brings me back is the brotherhood attitudes of our members. The willingness to always lend a hand, advice, or just being there for each other in a crisis has simply been incredible. I have NEVER seen a better forum for sharing ideas. Please DON'T let this site EVER fade away because of the actions of a few misguided souls. We all are too strong to allow that course of action.
    ^^^ I agree with this 100%. I am proud to be a charter member and will do whatever I can to help this site stay as is. We have the very best group of members that have ever been assembled in one place.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast