Thread: Alpine Navigation Software

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Question Alpine Navigation Software

Does anybody know where i can get updated alpine navigation software other than through alpine or ebay. Alpine wants $300 bucks for the new dvd and although mine is outdated, i cant justify paying that much for a dvd. I have the NVE-852A unit with the old 1.3 software. If anybody knows of anywhere i can get this software please let me know. Also, alpine sells both dvds (east and west coast) together only and i really only need the west coast dvd. Any info will help. Thanks.

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Split it with someone who wants the East coast dvd,I might be interested.I'll get back to you on that,or you could just buy it and sell the east coast dvd on Ebay

Click Signature Pic For Gallery...

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    thats a good idea. im talking to somebody who has a copy of the dvd. not sure how reliable that is. keep me posted though if ur interested.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dave, they update very sporradically. With GPS & sat communication being so common, I would bet soon the "down load" will be automatic or hot linked all the time.

Sooner than that... Alpine has a process called i-personalize for cd/HU functions. Where alpine can develop a set of parameters that they know are good for a BMW 3 series or a Ford F150 etc you go , burn the recommended settings to a disc with their soft ware, load it into your Alpine CD player & boom you have ex/time alignment settings. This has been active for almost 2 years... Navigation can't be too far. Will it retrofit back to the older Navi setups? doubt full. But they will likely offer a flat fee "Napster download' where you can burn your own copy of maps specific to your needs.

I will copy & paste this to the audio forum too.

Hope that helps.

Ron's idea of splitting the cost is something we used to do all the time with customers.

rob W

Still Around...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a older disc in mine and didn't have the split screen and some other features in mine,so I borrowed my friends disc put it in my Navi system and it uploaded all the new features into mine.The only reason you really need the newer disc is for the new streets.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    I didnt know u could upload on these units. (do u have the 852A?). im being sent a burned copy of the 2.0 version for free. Hope it works, could be saving me a lot of money.

Still Around...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes I have the 852 Alpine navi system,and yes all the newer functions will upload on the your navi system when you borrow a newer disc.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the DVD nav is a constant learning chip set.... the way the Alpine dvd system was set up it was designed to take any updates & allow updates...

its not like the I-personalize system... different format, similar idea. The DVD nav chip set is semi-non-volitale , meaning if the battery is disconnected for a fairly long period of time the last update is pretty much maintained. Unlike the HU's where the battery disconnected all the settings arelost in a matter of minutes & must be reloaded. Hence the I personalize upload.

I'd be scouring the internet or local alpine dealers for someone local to you with the data you need.

Rob W