Thread: ORDINARY MAINTENANCE of Alcantara®,

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ORDINARY MAINTENANCE of Alcantara®,

ORDINARY MAINTENANCE of Alcantara®,

In order to preserve the beauty of your upholstery, excessively vigorous cleaning of accumulated dirt should be avoided. It is therefore recommended that regular cleaning is carried out. Avoid rubbing too strongly. The use of steam machines is not recommended.

Daily cleaning
    It is sufficient to dust the fabric using a soft brush, a dry cloth, or
    a vacuum cleaner.

Weekly cleaning
    After dusting, run a lightly damp white cotton cloth over them. Avoid the use of printed absorbent cloths/papers as they can release ink onto the fabric.

Yearly cleaning
    It is possible to clean Alcantara®, by using specific products listed in the web-site www.alcantara.it in the section furniture/maintenance. In the absence of the above-mentioned products, please follow the instructions below: dust the fabric with care; dampen a soft cloth or a sponge in clean water, wring it thoroughly and run it over the whole Alcantara® fabric, making sure not to wet it excessively; rinse the cloth or sponge and repeat as necessary. Leave to dry (overnight) Once dried, in order to restore the fabric, brush it delicately with a soft bristle brush.

GENERAL WASHING INSTRUCTIONS
    Alcantara® must not be bleached with chlorine. If necessary, Alcantara® can be ironed, making sure that a white cloth is put between the iron and the product. The base of the iron must not reach a temperature higher than 110°C. In case of dry cleaning, trichloroethylene must not be used and direct contact with steam machines must be avoided. The use of the “spray extraction machine” is allowed only at low temperature. For the cleaning of non-removable upholstery follow the instructions given in the section “yearly cleaning”.

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR STAIN REMOVAL
    In the case of localized stains, and when the specific products for the cleaning of Alcantara® are not available, (a list of such products is available on the web-site www.alcantara.it in the section furnishing/maintenance), the cleaning of the upholstery should only be done in accordance with the following instructions:
    • Intervene immediately (within 30 minutes) and begin treating the stain from the outside edge into the center in order to avoid the stain spreading.
    • Never pour a cleaning product directly onto the Alcantara® fabric.
    • Before intervening, remove any of the substance that has fallen on the upholstery. In case of thick materials (yogurt, jam, etc.) with a spoon or a plastic spatula, in case of liquid materials with non-printed absorbent paper or a sponge.
    • Avoid rubbing to prevent the stain from spreading or going deep into the fabric.
    • Use a white cloth or a well wrung sponge for the removal of the stains.
    • If you use a sponge, rinse it in clean water and wring it well between each wipe.

Water-soluble stains
    It is recommended, depending on the type of stain, that you should use water, lemon juice, or pure ethyl alcohol (from liquors) and follow the instructions below.

Fruit juice, jam, jelly, syrup, ketchup: Use lukewarm water, rinse by dabbing with clean water.

Blood, egg, excrement, urine: Use cold water; avoid warm water because it makes these substances coagulate, rinse by dabbing with clean water.

Liquors, alcoholic beverages, wine, beer, coke and tea: Use lukewarm water; if the color mark remains, treat it with lemon juice and then rinse it well.

Copying pencil, cocoa, chocolate, pastry with cream or chocolate, ice-cream, mustard: Use lukewarm water; rinse by dabbing with clean water.

Vinegar, hair gel, tomato sauce, coffee with sugar: Use lemon juice and then wipe with lukewarm water rinse by dabbing with clean water.

Stains non soluble in water
    It is recommended, depending on the type of stain, that you use water, lemon juice or pure ethyl alcohol (from liquors) and follow the instructions below.

Lipstick, foundation, mascara, eye-shadow, perfume, shoe polish, oil and grease in general, grass stains and felt tips in general (including the indelible kind): Rub with ethyl alcohol, then with water and rinse. For grass stains and felt tips, which are quite difficult to remove, especially on light colors, it is necessary to intervene as soon as possible in order to prevent them from becoming too “dry”.

Chewing-gum and wax: Put a plastic bag full of ice on the stain; when the material becomes hard remove the pieces and then treat with ethyl alcohol.

Resistant stains
    Repeat the above described treatments as often as necessary. Even stains that are not soluble in water often require to be treated afterwards with water.

Old stains of unknown origin
    First of all treat with lukewarm water, then rinse by dabbing them with clean water. If you see that the stain begins to dissolve with water, repeat the treatment as often as necessary. Let it dry and, if necessary treat with ethyl alcohol.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good day, I am from mexico , my English is not good by I am going to try to explain my request, do you know how to clean the outside plastic trims ? I am talking about trims like the bed plastic covers, windows moldings, bumpers plastic, etc, all exterior plastics, I am living in Mexico (in a midle of the desert ... soo my plastic are really grey instead of black, any advise will be highly appreciate, saludos.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hola, qué está sucediendo.

Coolest Member of NHTOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Donde esta la biblioteca?
    '03 Two-Tone #00664
    Born on 11/25/2002
    395 RWHP 493 RWTQ

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Arturo ,
    you should be able to find what answers you need here in this section, Welcome to the club Sir.

http://www.nhtoc.net/forum/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=33

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Arturo Delgado
    Good day, I am from mexico , my English is not good by I am going to try to explain my request, do you know how to clean the outside plastic trims ? I am talking about trims like the bed plastic covers, windows moldings, bumpers plastic, etc, all exterior plastics, I am living in Mexico (in a midle of the desert ... soo my plastic are really grey instead of black, any advise will be highly appreciate, saludos.

Easiest thing to do is ritualistic maintenance when you buy it. Keeping them clean and coated with a good plastic and trim detailer. That will help retard the abuse that mother nature puts on our trucks. SOmehting like Maguiars Trim Detailer or Mothers back to black. The only problem with these is that they are silicone based and after you put them on, when it rains you will get residual runoff. Which leaves unsightly streaks on your paint. It will come off but is a pain in the butt to have to keep going out and wiping off during the rainy season.

I usually do mine once a month with Meguiars. I put on a nice heavy coat of it and let the plastic and trim soak up as much as possible. Adding additional coats as necessary until it wont absotrb anymore. Then go back and wipe off all the excess tHat I can. This will help to minimize the amount that can/will come off when it rains.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Use a product with a good ultra-violet screening agent.