Thread: Classifieds

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Classifieds

Just a thought for this site Big D I know you have alot going on right now but maybe in the future I know on alot of forums they require a minum amount of posts to be a seller and I think it helps alot of people from getting burned(like myself on NLOC). I am suggesting maybe a 50 post minimum before you can sell parts to keep people honost and not just sign up for the free membership to sell parts and go on, or to sell bogus parts to us family members cause it gives everybody a bad name I know we have buyer feedback over here which IMO NLOC needs also but maybe that can elominate some issues also. Let me know what you think

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not sure a post count would help much. I mean you can go and post a ton of crap and it doesn't make you honest. Also, there are people who only post a few times but has been a member since these trucks was first built. Just check out those people with low post numbers but joined in 2003. One other thing is a person can simple email Nan etc and have their post number restarted. I'm not really sure what you can do about stopping crooks but going by post count isn't the way.

Ray

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    post count does help a bit. its about equally as helpful as joined date. i bought a tailgate off a guy last year who joined the site when it 1st started up. didnt post very often, but he was a member here for a long while. i got burned on 150 bucks for the tailgate and since he had so few posts, nobody really knew him or met him before at a meet, etc. and i was pretty much out of luck.

but on the other side a post restriction of 50 for classifieds could just urge people to post pad more. just gotta try and use your best judgment, a good balance between a history on the site, good reputation, and decent post count to know other guys at least heard of him before so when you say "X" ripped me off, everybody's not like "who the heck was he?"

i do need to do alot of work on the feedback forum. one of these days i'll get around to it. if its a rain out on sunday, maybe i'll do that then, and condense the 500 threads into one single post like it was supposed to be

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    i do need to do alot of work on the feedback forum. one of these days i'll get around to it. if its a rain out on sunday, maybe i'll do that then, and condense the 500 threads into one single post like it was supposed to be
    A feed back post would be cool!

I buy/sale comic books all the time and one of the forums I use has a Kodos type thread. It's a PITA to search sometimes but atleast you got some kind of information on a seller/buyer. Also one of the stang forums I use has a simular feedback to ebay. When you buy/sale something to another member it allows each other to post a feedback. It then places a number under your Avatar showing your score. I'm not sure how much or how hard it would be to do though.

Ray

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I like that idea if it isnt too involved to do?

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    we actually do have a feedback forum
    http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/forumdi...?s=&forumid=77

but i got busy right around the time when people really started using the forum, and neglected to read the sticky at the top before they posted.

after i go through and fix everything and put it in the proper format, it will be fairly easy to read and understand

it should look like this when its in proper format

http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...5&pagenumber=1

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah I know there is a feedback forum just not crazy about how it is layed out .
    I do like the thread at the bottom looks good easily accesable I also liked what prohawk said about the kinda ebay feedback thing by your name. But I still think that a seller post limit isnt a bad way to keep people from signing up just to list parts.