Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Some progress pics of molding the consoles

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It doesnt look bad. But I think the blue stripe/flame would look alot better if the edges were faded in. It looks to blocky(is that a word LOL) to me.
    And nope not drinking, just hope that miller light is in a bottle. That will keep me running that easy paper at work

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For what its worth, my two cents.....

Ditch the flames, keep the two tone with blue pin stripe.

Clean, classy, to-the-point.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Steve... only in a bottle... that's what I thought.. the mask/stencils I used were "Supposed" to have beveled edges & were designed to give smooth transitions... it just didn't work the way I expected...

Krix/Chris... I was hoping you'd pop in... now all I need is Josh (#356) & Garret & I will have the last of the opinions I was hoping for..all the others will be great... just making sure its "right...

Krix... thin the blue down a notch? its 1/4" now... step back to 3/16" or even 1/8th?

Rob W

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150

Krix... thin the blue down a notch? its 1/4" now... step back to 3/16" or even 1/8th?

Rob W
    If it was mine? Id start the line thicker at the back, and thin it out gradually as i came and wrapped it around the front..

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    O.K. ,,Here goes. The placement of everything is awesome, layout went well. without knowing the whole scheme for the interior (color and layout) it is a little difficult to direct you. I personally am a clean old school kind of moder.

These sled's are just to classy for some of the fru fru. I am with Chris and Chris on this one.
    Plain and simple. DSG and if you stay with the flames they need to be thinner and the stripping needs to be 1/16 to a 1/8 and tapering them wouldn't be a bad thing at all. The blue should be a little deeper in color with the hint of silver and maybe a deep purple almost black to fade it out. I have to look at it some more.
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    wow my opinion actually counts? LoL!

i'm VERY pick when it comes to flame designs, and to tell it straight up i dont like those flame stensils on the console, but i do however like the potential it would have if the flames were layed out a bit better. they're just too fat and compressed to fit on the console, and i'm with krix on the stripe thickness as well, for such a small piece, 1/8 inch would make it alot more subtle and still look nice and not as bland as just going all DSG.

thin the stripe down, go with more of a flame design that matches the stock flames and scaled down skinnier to fit the console, and i think it will look top notch and not at all too "in your face", but a nice compliment to the exterior. I think it was just the design of the flame stencil that killed it. figure scale those up to fit on your truck and they'd be about 15-20 flames a foot tall going down the bed sides instead of like 4 or 5 flames of 3-4" tall going down the bed sides

too bad you havent moved to NJ yet i could stencil out the flames for ya by hand. 99% of the time when i'm bored at work or school i sit there and draw flames on anything. haha...i layed the flames out for the paint on my 85, and did a few hand 02 style flame pinstripes on a couple of my buddies rides

at the very least dont ditch the idea totally. even DSG/Silver with the thinner blue stripe would look kick azz if your truck was still DSG i'd be with the others and say keep it all DSG, but since its 2 tone now, its a nice touch having the matching colors on the inside, and can still be pretty subtle once the flame stripe is fixed on it

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Make the flames a lot more subtle and thinner,,perhaps translucent (Ghost almost) if you will. They are too model looking, I would let them lick out longer and leaner. I hate to say this thou, Flames spreading towards the back faintly licking up towards the front lid..........Perhaps even spreading back by the seat belt clips
    Last edited by Dbl G; 11-11-2005 at 07:52 PM.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with DblG on ghosting the flames in. Maybe use a blue pearl to keep the blue theme. Just my $ .02.

Rusty
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    DSG 'em. I will take some pics of mine. Looks nice/clean/not black-boring/OE.
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought about some more and I have to agree with GG on the ghost flame. Very subtle, and will blend quite nice.

Still Around...
    Name: Ron

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    Rob I say go all DSG on the parts. Personally I think going two tone w/ flames on the inside is a bit busy. I think that all DSG will look both OEM and custom.

...at least that is what I think.
    I agree with Ayrton,a little to busy for the interior

Click Signature Pic For Gallery...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks everyone... I knew I wasn't totally whacked in the head...

Well... off to buy a new DA sander & get to busy.. hope to shoot new paint tonight... Have to get the interior & stereo back together for my trip on Monday to Illinois.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So where are we at now?

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anything new?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    been slammed with "new" stuff from my mom, moving truck pulled up & dumped into my living room & garage.

Finally got it all put away on Sunday. So I am back on the truck tomorrow...

they will be all DSG & maybe some airbrushing down the road.

I have to remake the rear console completely. I had to move everything out back & the one I made is 2" to short now..

So... the alpine sub is in. the box is pretty much done. just need to cut the window & figure out what I want to do with the inside of the box. & make the trim rings for the console over the box.

I thought I was going to need more amplifier power, but the Alpine sounds amazing with the power I have...

got everything retuned, at least to a good sounding starting point. Lots of tuning left.

should have some pics to post tomorrow night.

Rob W

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast