Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Statewide TX GTG new thread

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the lil one is sick... I really want to slip down.. but I am going to say no... if I make it... great...

have fun everyone. someone take LOTS of pics

Rob W

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its a little disfunctional

I'm guessing we'll hang out at the dyno shop most of the day while breaking for lunch. Then afterwards head back to our hotels and get cleaned up. Once that is done we can meet up at some place to eat. I'm all for County Line Bar BQ my self. It doesn't matter to me which show we do but we should figure some of this stuff out now since some may head out tomorrow.

Ray

PS anyone got some basic driving dirrections to this dyno shop?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dyno Location- Colvin's website Google Maps YahooMaps MapQuest

1431/HomeDepot- YahooMaps
    2006 TrailBlazer SS | 13.79 @ .98.23 | 322.5whp & 330.2wtq | Stock 2WD
    2004 SVT Lightning | 12.24 @111.08 | 420.1whp & 531.7wtq | 5lb,SCT,FTVB,E-Fan,Catback,T-Bars,DOTs

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the info TXSVTLightning I like that Lightning and those times are pretty killer

Anyways, is this Dyno shop going to stay open later for us? I saw on their site they close at 1pm Saturday? I'm pretty sure I'll be there early enough but just don't know about everyone else.

Also is meeting up at this HomeDepot work for everyone else and is there a suggested place to eat dinner around there? The place I have in mind may be a PITA to get to the car show around 5pm ish.

Thanks again
    Ray
    Last edited by Pro-Hawk; 11-11-2005 at 10:38 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    right at the hangot spot is a Whataburger and few other fast food joints. Maybe 10-15 minutes closer to austin is just about anything, Bone Daddy's, Hooters or Tilted Kilt if you wanted to swing into the Round Rock area (same type of theme as BD's and Hoots).

If the dyno is wrapped up by 1:00/2:00 a short drive to The County Line or even a little cruise down to Driftwood to the The Saltlick for some damn good BBQ wouldn't be bad either. Just tossing out ideas.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If that Saltlick is better than County line....I'm all for it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They are known for "The Family Style" all you can eat BBQ and fixin's for $14.95 per person. Bring an empty stomach I've been there 30+ times and half of that is with car groups (camaro club, mustang club, lightnings, svt club)
    (http://www.saltlickbbq.com) Fine Print- "No separate checks - Cash Only - No credit cards" (ATM onsite).

It's a haul from there the 1431/HomeDepot spot (going from south of Austin to the other side up North) but not too many lights if you stick to the highways.
    Last edited by TXSVTLIGHTNING; 11-11-2005 at 12:05 PM.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Umm...that is pretty fair south but atleast I-35 is pretty close by. So do you think we could do it with enough time to make it to the Depot to get some good parking? If not, we could do County Line or some place like Bone Daddys.

Ray

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    might be cutting it close with The SaltLick. The County Line (on the lake location on 2222) is not far from Colvin's, 10 minutes away.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Daniel is going to stay with us past 1:00 on Saturday since this is a scheduled club type dyno day. They seem to be topnotch! See ya'll there.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
    might be cutting it close with The SaltLick. The County Line (on the lake location on 2222) is not far from Colvin's, 10 minutes away.
    Thats what I was thinking my self if we did that Home Depot show.

Mountain, thats a cool deal since I'll probaly be running late.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went to colvins (9:30-11:00) only saw Mike (Mountain) there, what happened to everyone else?

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
    I went to colvins (9:30-11:00) only saw Mike (Mountain) there, what happened to everyone else?
    OMG I So hate these damn hotel keyboard intternets. anyways i'm here n austin. i arived at colvins at 1pm like i mentioned but they said you all had left. only a few showd . you can call me @ 432-352-2840 if u alll stilll want to go eat. if not i'll see you all tonight at the depot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4