Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: November 2005 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Ron "Outnumbered" Lutwiller! (NHTOC #24)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Thumbs up TOTM November, 2005 - Congrats Ron "Outnumbered" Lutwiller! (NHTOC #24)

Congrats to Ron “Outnumbered” Lutwiller and his beautiful 2002 DSG Harley F-150 and the November, 2005 National Harley Truck Owners Club Truck of the Month Award!!!

As a proud supporting member that’s always been around since the dawn of NHTOC and even before that, and always there willing to help out others, it’s only natural that Ron was a perfect fit for NHTOC TOTM. Ever since day one Ron has been on the boards modding his 02 HD like crazy, and always getting compliments on that one of a kind sig. pic!

Also Ron’s truck has probably seen more phases and rounds of mods than any other HD truck out there. From stock, to modded, to built block- KB-and Nitrous pushing the truck to the extreme edges of asphalt pounding power, to going back to stock, then selling the truck, there was obviously something special about this one of a kind vehicle that it just couldn’t get far from Ron’s hands. He no sooner bought it back just a few months after selling it, and is already well back on track with modding away to the extreme once again!

I have known Ron for quite a while on the forums, as have most that have been on board for the past few years, but there’s quite a few interesting stories behind this truck and his owner, so I had a few questions for Ron and here are his responses:

Question # 1: What exactly sparked your interest in the Harley Trucks?
    I had always said that if they ever put the L motor in a four door truck, I would have one. I happened to find out about S/C version from a friend. The next day, I was at the dealership ordering one. I changed my mind three times on the color before they actually submitted the order. By the way, the dealership had no knowledge of the truck. They had to confirm with Ford that the truck was actually being offered!

Question # 2: Any interesting story behind the history of vehicles you've owned leading up to the HD truck?
    I am 37 years old, and since the age of 16, I have had 32 vehicles. I have never owned any of them as long as I have had the HD.

Question # 3: Gimme some details on your truck for the newbies on the site that arent aware of the legend that is your truck. Mods, dyno #'s, track times, etc.
    Truck dynoed stock at around 326rwhp. First mod was a 5lb lower and a chip from JLP. Got scammed from a local dealer that charged me $900!! Power increase was great but wanted more, so went to a 6lb pulley. Got bored with that so changed to a 8lb lower, full exhaust and air intake. Power was right around the 400rwhp mark and running a solid 13.2 at Rockingham. Next, ordered a KB making around 14lbs of boost; power increase went to 490 and running consistent 12.5's.
    Next step was to get a built motor and tranny, so the truck spent 8 weeks in Tampa getting built. Once everything was said and done, the truck made 622rwhp and 747 ftlbs of torque. I never ran the truck at the track! Several months later, I pulled the motor and sold it to another member.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. It’s quite often very interesting finding out a little more about the person behind the screen name. Occupation, other hobbies, etc. etc.!
    I'm married and have two daughters (4 and 8). I am a Personnel Manager for a Power and Distribution company. We manufacture and sell pole line hardware to the utility companies. So whenever your power is out, your power company is calling us. I used to be an avid personal watercraft owner--I ended with a 70mph (yes on radar) Kawasaki Ultra 150. However, since I got the truck, I now only have one hobby.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a long time, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    It's one of the few places that I can go and share my excitement about the truck.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    Not real sure, the site has always met my needs and expectations.

Question # 7: I already know the answer to this question, but I’m sure many do not, and I have to say it’s a pretty interesting story behind it all. Where exactly does your screen name "Outnumbered" come from, and explain for everybody what that little line under your screen name "stock/built/stock/sold/bought" means and “cliff notes” on the story behind it.
    My screen name "Outnumbered" comes from the fact that I am the only male in the house. However, fortunately for me, I have enough testosterone to level the playing field! The line under my screen name -- "stock/built/stock/sold/bought" just gives a brief history of my truck; it started out as stock, then I had the motor built, then returned it to stock, then sold the truck for 3 months (mistake), just to turn around and buy it back!

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? Its always been unpredictable with you, haha, so if its not a secret project coming up, care to give some sneak insider information out?
    LOL! "stock/built/stock/sold/bought/built-transformed (talking with painter and engine builder now)!

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM November, 2005!

Last edited by BigD; 06-13-2006 at 06:12 AM.

www.RTDELECTRONIX.com
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrates...your truck has got to be the nicest DSG....i could only wish for mine to look that nice..

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    gonna post up separately with my personal congrats to keep the article post all nice and neat

CONGRATS RON!!!!

i cant wait to see the next round in mods!
    and for some reason, it doesnt suprise me that you changed your mind on the color so many times when you 1st ordered the truck just too funny man!!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yes congrats Ron!!! Well deserved. I have always said thats the sweetest lookin 02 I have ever seen. Total package inside and out!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats dude one of the nicest looking 02 i've seen all the rite mods

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the front end of that truck is gorgeous

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have to admit it, Ron's truck is why I bought a Harley DSG. The first time I seen his truck I told my wife that is the nicest HD I have ever seen and I had to have one. So Ron, my banker just loves you. Congrats on the TOTM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    awsome truck!! i just got my frist harley truck and only hope it will be as bad as yours one day!! smart idea getting it back!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Outnumbered!

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks everyone! It has definitely been a journey. I have met a lot of wonderful people through the boards, and have learned more than I could have ever learned on my own. My local HD friends--Brad and Jake help keep me young with trips to the track and just general enthusiasm for the trucks.

Josh, still debating on the color change. Just as soon as I think I'm getting board with the color....BAM! I see a sparkle from a different angle, and think "what are you thinking!"

Again, thanks for the recognition as there are many other trucks on this site that are much more worthy.

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Gotta love the DSG and the bumper mod lookes great will have to give it

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Ron, That's one sweet ride!!
    2000 Harley-Davidson F-150 #6742 Built 9/22/2000

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Ron, As Always Great Looking

Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

NHTOC # 373
    Name: Dick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats That is one great looking HD truck!

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Laugh

Nan and I have been lucky enough to see it in person at the NLOC/NHTOC Rock Hill SC GTG...a truly GREAT truck Ron!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast