Thread: Tuner with wide band how close without dyno?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tuner with wide band how close without dyno?

I want a tuner but there is no one in IA that will set it up like some of the other places in the country. I would like the 6# pulley and a good tune without driving 300 miles. I would like a wide band for my 88 mustang 393 blow through carb s- trim anyway.
    How close could I get it or is there another option?
    2002 HD

Bobby Bouchet's neighbor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We use the wide band for turbo and nitrous application. The wide band is a god send. This take the guess work out and gives you the safety you need in tuning upgrades.
    Dyno is a reading of HP that your motor produced.It measures the effect of your tune and build.The wide band is the tool which allows you to tune to the best HP or proper fuel saving.
    You will know for sure if you are lean and dangerous or fat and wastefull.
    Great buy if you can manipulate fuel and timing.
    MODS:
    MMR 900HP block,Crower Hi-lift Stage II cams,L&M adjustable cam gear,JLP alluminum intake,Accufab TB,JLP Cold Induction,Dekka 60 injectors,twin 255 Fuel pumps,Accel COPs,Reichard Bbower spacer,Kenne Bell 2.3 with Magnum Powers Idler Bracket,Cobra WP,twin row radiator,F250 trans cooler mod,PI torque convertor, Brian's Truck built transmission,Carbon Fiber driveshaft, Bilstiens, slotted rotors, LFP traction bars, Bassani hi flow mids to Magnaflow, SS brake lines, Chickenears Twin Fan , AFCO interchiller, LFP E fan (2nd edition),JLP aluminum intercooler tank,Autometer boost guage, Aeroforce H/D Gauge , Pioneer AVCII , Alpine TV,Alpine speakers,two Bazooka subs,sound matting,stop theif door plates,satillite radio.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    In your situation I would get a wideband such as the Dynojet Wideband Commander or the Innovate Wideband and then get a mail order tune from one of the leading tuners. The 6# lower has been done so many times that most tuners can cook you a tune in your sleep. Actually, if you get decent gas where you live, I'd just use the stock predator base tunes and the wideband and go for a drive and make sure your a/f is right and you're not pinging under WOT.
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the replies. Have any of you heard about a new predator that will have a wide band option? A friend was telling me about this.

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they've been promising that for a while. not sure when that will ever materialize. I have both a predator and sct xcal2. I use my xcal2 all the time now.