Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10, Nov. 1775

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

10, Nov. 1775

Gonna Post this now although tomorrow is the DAY!!!

I would like to wish all my fellow Marines (Past, Present and Future) a Happy Birthday and heart felt thank you for providing 230 Years of Service to our great Nation.

"On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of the Continental Congress. Since that date, many thousand men have borne the name Marine. In memory of them, it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the Birthday of our Corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

The record of our Corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence, the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war and in the long era of tranquility at home. Generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas [so] that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our Corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the Corps. With it we also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish, Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps."

General John A. Lejeune

"Marines have a history. They have fought in every major and minor engagement in which the United States of America has ever been involved. Marines are the Presidents guard. Marines are the best we have to offer as a nation. Marines have a tradition. Marines do not surrender. Marines do not leave their dead on the battle field. Marines have an honor. Marines die for that honor. Marines are Americans in the highest sense. Marines guard the very gates of Heaven."

"The man who will go where his colors go without asking, who will fight a phantom foe in a jungle or a mountain range, and who will suffer and die; in the midst of incredible hardship, without complaint, is still what he has always been, from Imperial Rome to sceptered Britain to democratic America. He is the stuff of which legends are made. His pride is his colors and his regiment, his training hard and thorough and coldly realistic, to fit him for what he must face, and his obedience is to his orders. As a legionnaire, he held the gates of civilization for the classical world...today he is called United States Marine."

"Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it was some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he was a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the ****iest SOB's I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and , generally speaking, of the United States Marines I've come in contact with, are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet."

And On The Seventh Day When GOD Rested,
    We Overran His Perimeter And Stole The Globe,
    We Stole The Eagle From The Air Force,
    The Anchor From The Navy,
    The Rope From The Army,
    And Have Been Protecting Our Shores Ever Since.

"Civilians cannot and will not understand us because they are not one of us. The Corps - we love it, live it and shall die for it. If you have never been in it, you shall never understand it. Semper Fidelis!"

Happy Birthday and Semper Fidelis!!!!!
    Last edited by bgstew6; 11-09-2005 at 03:45 PM.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Happy B-day Marines!!!!

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stew Ya beat me to the punch (but not the rum punch)

Happy Birthday To all MARINES Past Present and Future.

UHRAH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ya know us Jr Staff NCOs have to keep things locked on, would hate for a Top to have to take care of business and then hear about it later.

Semper Fi and OOOOORAAAHHHHHH!!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To all DEVIL DOGS,
    Happy Birthday to one and all.

From a Devil DOC

P.S. The Corps no longer needs A FEW GOOD MEN!
    Because they already have the Navy Hospital Coprsman
    Oh boy, gotta run and put the flash hood, flak and kevlar....incoming!

Seriously, said before and will say it again: if the Corps had its own medical corps, no doubt it my mind that I'd be a proud leatherneck today.

Semper fi, my brothers!
    Last edited by kromdom; 11-10-2005 at 08:45 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Happy B'Day

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dang..............how did I miss this post?

--Snake

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Snake
    Dang..............how did I miss this post?

--Snake

HMMMM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn Officers!!! RONFLMAO

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Happy Bday to all you guys with the other half of the globe RM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    RIght back at ya Hemiuk RM are GOod To Go!!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Happy Birthday guys!

Question: What are the prerequisites needed to be a marine?

Answer: Your head has to fit in a Mason jar. dang jarheads..
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thems fighting words

Who let the dogs out

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    All in good fun my brother...just a little branch rivalry..

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Stew I think we got us a small scrimmage on our hands. I think the following should clear this up:

This Marine, all messed up from Vietnam, went to the hospital to get checked. Because of the war, his brain was all screwed up, and all he could say was the words to the Marines hymn.

So the doctor asked his name, he replied, "From the halls of Montezuma..."

The doctor decided to remove part of his brain, thinking that would cure it. When the doctor did this, the Marine still said "From the halls of Montezuma..."

The doctor figured he did not remove enough of the brain. So after removing some more, the marine still only said those words.

The doctor, now getting frustrated, decided to take the rest of the brain out. Now the Marine, with no brain, stood up and started singing, "Be all that you can be..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast