Thread: Pro Turbo Systems Kit - Install

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by harleytruck9144
    update?
    Updates?
    Let's see...
    So far I've been testing out the Maf Translator Pro.
    There's a learning curve with this and so its been taking me a while to figure things out.

I'm getting some turbo specific cams and stiffer valvesprings this weekend along with finally putting in my torque converter. I'm hoping that cures that drop off in power I have at 4800 rpm.

If not, then I have to get the Maf Translator in a position to eliminate the maf completely. Then, I can put on a larger air filter and see how she runs then.

I've been getting a few strange puffs out of the exhaust from time to time. I hope its not a sign of doom coming for this motor. Kinda like in Nascar when you start seeing the lead car making a few extra puffs out the exhaust you know something is failing and might take the motor out. I'm going to also get a leak down and compression test this weekend to see how the motor is doing.

I keep raising the goal I have for this motor. Early on, it was 400 rwhp and I'm done. Then it was.. as long as I get 500 and I'm done. Then 600 rwhp and I'm done.... 700 was the hope for this combo... and now I'm thinking to push to 800 before I call it done.
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I bet you will be toying with the idea of 1250 RWHP before too long!!!!!!!

Thanks again for being the Pioneer on this project~

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Shadow489
    I bet you will be toying with the idea of 1250 RWHP before too long!!!!!!!
    LOL... 1250 eh? Hmmm... maybe 1000 is a magic number.
    I'd have to move to a state that would allow me to keep it in that setup.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dont worry bout pics Folks...I will get a bunch when he shows up at the House of Stew!!!

Cam Slammin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Phil, keep up the good work it sounds like slowly but surely your getting the bugs worked out. Hope the leak down test goes smoothly.

Tuned by Patrick @ PSI Motorsports 585hp & 609tq @ 15psi

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Phil,

Both a Compression and Leakdown test give valuable information about the condition of your engine.

Compression will vary depending on the cam timing and duration. IMO, leakdown should be less than 4% at 100 psi to be considered good.

I now have a "Blowby Meter" that I am storing for a buddy since he no longer needs it (sold his race car) and I am going to use it next time I am on the Dyno. Actually it can be used at WOT on the track or street.

The benefit is that while Compression and Leakdown are static tests, the Blowby Meter hooks up to the PCV hole in the valve cover and gives an actual blowby flow measurement taken under full load. It can be very informative and from what my bud said, very disturbing.

If you want, come by my shop sometime and we can hook it up on yours.
    Last edited by Madferraristi; 02-15-2006 at 11:41 AM.

************************CLICK TO VISIT MAD'S SITE************************

'02, 32V, 5.4L #001, 14psi Whipple and a few other mods. 640 rwhp, 610 tq. CA Smog legal

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Madferraristi
    Phil,

Both a Compression and Leakdown test give valuable information about the condition of your engine.

Compression will vary depending on the cam timing and duration. IMO, leakdown should be less than 4% at 100 psi to be considered good.

I now have a "Blowby Meter" that I am storing for a buddy since he no longer needs it (sold his race car) and I am going to use it next time I am on the Dyno. Actually it can be used at WOT on the track or street.

The benefit is that while Compression and Leakdown are static tests, the Blowby Meter hooks up to the PCV hole in the valve cover and gives an actual blowby flow measurement taken under full load. It can be very informative and from what my bud said, very disturbing.

If you want, come by my shop sometime and we can hook it up on yours.
    Doing a leakdown test on this JLP motor when the motor was fairly new ~4000 miles (I had done it since it wasn't putting out the power it did on JL's dyno when I drove it back to California), many cylinders registered 0%-2% at 100 psi and some were off as much as 8% at 100. I've heard for a race motor you want between 2-4% max. As long as mine stays under 8-10%, I'll keep going. I'm guessing that's why my oil consumption is moderately high?

If Dante gives the motor a clean bill of health, I might stop by sometime and give that blowby meter a try. Also, if I remember to ask, we need to take measurements of the driveshaft so that I can get a 1-piece unit from you.

32V SC 5.4L #001
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any time but I will be off on a cruise , the week of 2/27.

When I get back, I'm gonna Dyno this 4V motor to the max with the Eaton then get my Whipple on it.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13