Thread: ORDERS to GERMANY

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ORDERS to GERMANY

Anyone stationed in Germany? I got a rip today to go to GK and I have some questions can anyone help?
    4R70W's suck

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Best of luck, man. Never been stationed there (though passed thru Frankfurt).
    Maybe Dbl G can give you some quick lessons on spoken German!

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nien spekense duetsch

Google search time.

Post Surfer
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GK huh I wasn't to far from there when I was in Germany. NATO assignment; you must be working with the AWACS. Spangdahlem AB is the closest US installation and its about 2-2.5 hrs drive although it might be a little closer, never made it but my wife did once to do a SAV inspection of the training manager up there.

jpanchalk
    Name:

I was stationed in Wuerzburg for 3.5 years, and I was the time of my life, except for Thailand and Israel. Take advantage of it. If you have a 3 or 4 day weekend, and you aren't traveling to another country, or part of Germany, YOU ARE WRONG! I know too many soldiers who stayed in their little part of the world weekend after weekend, and saw nothing but the popular downtown clubs and bars.

I'll be going back as early as this next Summer, but it will be to live full-time. Maybe.

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dude, Germany is a blast when you have friends that know some areas; then you can explore all over. Regensburg , Nurnberg, Munich, eventually you'll try the rail and be able to travel to Switzerland, Spain, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Czechslovakia, etc, etc,....Europe will be a blast, like jpanchalk said, it's definitely a place to consider moving to ( five to ten year hitch). With famliy, you have to consider all the travelling it takes to come back to the states, so it's a matter of convenience...good luck. whew!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately I have found out that the schools will not be able to meet my childs needs not to mention the headache of selling two cars shipping the HD over, the fact I own two pitbulls which are not allowed in country period. I am working to get this assignment swapped with someone else plus I am retracting my voluteer status since this will be a consecutive overseas tour. I only wish this could be at a different time. I hate not being able to take the assignment.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was stationed at GK for 5 yrs...great place to be at..working on getting back there...if you need more info send me a pm

Who Dat is
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry to hear the trip may not happen; it all depends on your situation at home. I have my plate full here in the States, that it not worth it for me at this time either; but it is a great experience for any other guys considering going there.