Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Grill Warping

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Anybody have any luck fixing this? Does a new grill do the same thing? Thanks.
    2005 F350 True Blue Harley PSD
    2003 Cobra 468rwhp/500rwtq

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I took mine to the dealer and they gave me a new grill, no problem. Hopefully this one won't do that.
    2harleys

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    dealer fixed it
    2006 F250 Blue w/Flames
    6.0L HD#521; BullyDog Mods - Kevin
    Alpine IVA-W200; Clarion OHM153, RF Amps, Boston Acoustic 6.5, Solobaric L78

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there, new to the board

I have notice my grill starting to warp. Put is this way. It is not a nice flat line from side to side under the hood. I am waiting for the warrenty to get to the last month then I will replace it. If I can get it replaced.

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGWILD2005
    Hi there, new to the board

I have notice my grill starting to warp. Put is this way. It is not a nice flat line from side to side under the hood. I am waiting for the warrenty to get to the last month then I will replace it. If I can get it replaced.

WELCOME!
    You should have grill replaced under warr NOW. You can always have it done again, if it looks like it is going to do it again.

Randy

NLOC # 1174
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    And Have The Upper Bumper Done At Same Time.....

Old Hog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 Harley
    Mine did the same thing. I tried loosening up the screws and pushing it down and then tightening the screws back down. It seemed to work or it made it not as noticeable. Might want to give t a try.
    maybe use a dremel tool and slightly slot the screw holes and then tighten it down evenly. It worked on my 04.
    Just my 2cents worth.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I notice the same thing on mine I got mine on 12/10/04 and it was fine it didn't warp till the summer heat started to beat on the truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick03hd
    maybe use a dremel tool and slightly slot the screw holes and then tighten it down evenly. It worked on my 04.
    Just my 2cents worth.
    That sounds like a good idea. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I called my dealer to order a new grill and as I was on the lot I saw a 2005 Ford Excursion with the stock grill and it too was warping. Looks like ford made the grills too thin in 2005. They must know this is an issue because my service writer did not even put up a fight.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh ****! So get this guys. I took my truck in to have the grill replaced. I just got a call from my Service Tech and instead of replacing the defective part. The Manager stepped in and drilled two holes in the top of the grill and screwed the grill down into the frame to flatten it out.

I could have done that. The point is that the grill is defective. I have a warrenty. The dealer is not honoring it. Should I be pissed off! Or do you all think this is ok and I should be fine with it. I might have to find a new dealer to go to.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would be pissed! My dealer knows I am an Anal Retentive SOB and asks me prior to doing anything that isnt standard protocol for repair. I have made a point of getting real close with the service advisor. You should see the service tickets, with a HiLiter...KEEP CLEAN! Customer Waiting! Customer will be inspecting vehicle before accepting and signing ticket, etc. Its a shame we have to do this, but to repeat the above, its a 50K truck!
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I didn't buy a $50k truck to have some one drill holes in my ****! Fix it right and it is not like Ford doesn't know it is a problem....Tell the dealer to do it right!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally, I think you need to find a new dealer. I say defective is defective, just replace it. When my fender emblems had some rust spots, they asked, they're rust and not dirt? Ok, we'll order new ones. Hell, they could have just been cleaned, but they replaced 'em.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im getting my grill changed monday also my back center console top, the leather was coming unglued.
    Anybody notice on the backbumper how the cover moves and takes the paint off?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast