Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Grill Warping

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05BHD
    im getting my grill changed monday also my back center console top, the leather was coming unglued.
    Anybody notice on the backbumper how the cover moves and takes the paint off?
    No, but I'll make sure and check mine out.

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've noticed my second griill is warping...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I noticed the same thing on the rear bumper. I havent *****ed, because I am going to convert to chrome bumpers. Its a Harley...It needs some chrome.

As for my grill, already have my dealer working on it.
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think there going to let me keep the old grill ive got some plans for my excursion

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i noticed on another thread how HD's were having issues with the body gaps like more space between the hood and fender. Ive noticed alot on my truck. besides being picky u would thinks being a special edition HD's and paying more, that they wouldve payed alittle more attention instead of less.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll have to jump in here for the 06 models. I've gone over mine with a fine tooth comb. I don't have any of these problems. It's not old enough to have grill warp -I've only had it a little over a month. The only things bothering me are the seats being too short to give me neck/head support (needs a headrest for taller people) and the mud/dirt that gets kicked up into the front door (inside below the hinges). I think some mudflaps will fix that. I looked at an older 06 ( built around 8/05 i think) that had orange peel galore. The exhaust pipe was rusted to he!! , but mine's gonna become an MBRP anyway. Mine has no orange peel, everything lines up. I'm pretty happy so far. Definitely impressed with Randy Wilson. He gave a good deal and went out of his way to make me happy. He's also a good resource.
    Mike

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Mike, I try.

I have sold 20+ 04-06 Harleys. It is hit and miss on Grill warping and overall quality. These trucks come down the line, right next to XL, XLT, Lariat, King Ranch F250 through F550's. They are taken off the line and put in a special area, where they get the Harley Emblems and final once over. I have seen NON Harley SuperDuties with the same problems.

Randy

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i noticed on another thread how HD's were having issues with the body gaps like more space between the hood and fender. Ive noticed alot on my truck. besides being picky u would thinks being a special edition HD's and paying more, that they wouldve payed alittle more attention instead of less.
    FORD has to pay Harley for every Harley Special Edition truck they build. That is part of the Extra Cost.

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have had my second grill for under 6 months...warping again! Oh Well, maybe I'll drill mine too. Seems as though there is not enough area tied to the support.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm on my second grill and it is already warping.

Old Hog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HD's were having issues with the body gaps like more space between the hood and fender. Ive noticed alot on my truck. besides being picky u would thinks being a special edition HD's and paying more, that they wouldve payed alittle more attention instead of less.
    The Q/C on them is the same is it is on any other production vehicle, these people see hundreds of vehicles a day and they flat don't care,(I can't say they don't care but they do become apathetic over time to what they consider minor issues) unlike you the purchaser who laid down their hard earned money(which Harley got paid a percentage of on every truck produced with the name tag on it.) So about the best thing you can do( with any production vehicle) is suck it up and spend the little bit of time and money required to make yourself happy with your purchase..Probably not what most want to hear, but pretty much the cold cruel facts of the matter.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    slick03hd, you got that rite. O well

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did not notice anything on mine maybe I should look closer

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick03hd
    The Q/C on them is the same is it is on any other production vehicle, these people see hundreds of vehicles a day and they flat don't care,(I can't say they don't care but they do become apathetic over time to what they consider minor issues) unlike you the purchaser who laid down their hard earned money(which Harley got paid a percentage of on every truck produced with the name tag on it.) So about the best thing you can do( with any production vehicle) is suck it up and spend the little bit of time and money required to make yourself happy with your purchase..Probably not what most want to hear, but pretty much the cold cruel facts of the matter.

I have to disagree with you here. My 2nd grill is warpping and so it the front bumper cover. The front end now looks like ****! I feel that this reflex porrly on FORD and they need to correct it. I am thinking about a class action law suit to get the grill and bumper cover recalled. A car dealler can't sell crap and then tell the buyer to figure out a way to fix it themself.

I am going to start taking pictures of all the F250 and F350 trucks I find that have warpped grills. Leave a letter for the over to contact me if they are interested. Now I need to find a someone to take the case to court.

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGWILD2005
    I have to disagree with you here. My 2nd grill is warpping and so it the front bumper cover. The front end now looks like ****! I feel that this reflex porrly on FORD and they need to correct it. I am thinking about a class action law suit to get the grill and bumper cover recalled. A car dealler can't sell crap and then tell the buyer to figure out a way to fix it themself.

I am going to start taking pictures of all the F250 and F350 trucks I find that have warpped grills. Leave a letter for the over to contact me if they are interested. Now I need to find a someone to take the case to court.
    WHERE DO YOU LIVE ???? DOES THE TRUCK SIT IN THE SUN ALOT ???
    FORD BUILDS ONLY A FEW THOUSAND LIMITED PRODUCTION HARLEY'S EACH YEAR SINCE 2004, THIS IS A TINY # OF THE OVERALL SUPER-DUTY PRODUCTION. AS LONG AS FORD REPAIRS UNDER WARR, YOU WILL HAVE A TOUGH TIME FINDING ANYBODY TO TAKE THIS MUCH FARTHER. just my .02

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast