Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Grill Warping

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anybody have any good pics of this problem? I just bought an 05 SD HD an need to see what I'm looking for.
    Adam

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It's easy to spot Adam. Look at the gap between your hood and the grill. If it stays even all the way across you are good. If you see the gap close up, you are warping.

I love being Stroked!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I think mine is starting to go. its getting close to the hood. Though when its cooler out the grill doesn't seem to be as bad. dunno

Old Hog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HOGWILD2005
    I have to disagree with you here. My 2nd grill is warpping and so it the front bumper cover. The front end now looks like ****! I feel that this reflex porrly on FORD and they need to correct it. I am thinking about a class action law suit to get the grill and bumper cover recalled. A car dealler can't sell crap and then tell the buyer to figure out a way to fix it themself.

I am going to start taking pictures of all the F250 and F350 trucks I find that have warpped grills. Leave a letter for the over to contact me if they are interested. Now I need to find a someone to take the case to court.
    That is your perogative to disagree,,good luck finding a lawyer to handle it, and if you get one AND you win AND Ford agree's to fix it, they are gonna put the same materials back on the truck that it has now(it's called industry standards) of which Ford or any other mfg goes by.

Again, this is just my opinion, good luck in your quest for perfection of a mass produced vehicle.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick03hd
    That is your perogative to disagree,,good luck finding a lawyer to handle it, and if you get one AND you win AND Ford agree's to fix it, they are gonna put the same materials back on the truck that it has now(it's called industry standards) of which Ford or any other mfg goes by.

Again, this is just my opinion, good luck in your quest for perfection of a mass produced vehicle.
    Get this guys, I stopped buy my Ford dealer that does all my service work last night. I walked out to the lot to look at the 5 F250s they had. 4 off them had warpping on the front bumper cover then 2006 F250 Harley still look straight. I bet that is because of the age, it is still too new.

So any way a salesman walks out and asks if I need help. Normal stuff. I tell him about the issue I have and that I was checking the new trucks on the lot. This is what he says to me "Well after all it is a Ford, you have to remember that they are not perfect." I could not believe what I was hearing. I was pissed and started to walk off the lot but as I walked passed the main sales office I had to find this guys manager and let him know what his guy it saying on the lot. Oh and this is Tutle-Click Ford in Irvine CA.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lmao...
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK...

Today, I picked up my truck after the dealer having it for almost a week.

New Grill
    New Upper Bumper Cover
    (Both were warping)

New Rear Main Seal

New EGR Valve
    New VGT Solenoid/Sensor

Truck runs good. But I think the Turbo Veain are still going to stick. Then, I push for the new Turbo.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what dealer did you go to?? thats more than I have heard of any dealer doing for someone.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Jarrett Ford - Plant City, FL

Truck & Fleet Service Advisor - Dave
    (Great Guy!!!!)

Dave threw everyting at the truck with no hassle, except the VGT.

I had to fight to get that one. If it doesnt fix the spiratic boost or lack of problem, next I will be pushing for a turbo.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2nd grill warping already and still need to replace the back center console lid again.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My new grill & bumper cover are holding up.

But if you read my ealier posts, the VGt did not fix my no boost problem.

Truck goes in for the updated turbo replacement on Monday.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Good luck, I hope they get it fixed.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    05 Harley - 17k miles
    My grill warped as well but luckily the dealer is replacing it. Legacy Ford, McDonough, GA

The top of the bumper is beginning to warp as well but there is a techincal service buletin that is out that Ford is going to order to hopefully fix the problem. The TSB is 05-25-11; Bumper cover wavy/warped.

Now get this, I spoke to the local service rep and he wasn't going to do anything until I mentioned this TSB. I wanted the bumper covered replaced but they would not do that. He stated that the warping is the nature of the beast. Can you imagine that? I explained that for $50,000 I wouldn't expect a $200 piece to warp.

Anyway, I hope the TSB takes care of it. If anyone is interested I am selling the truck. I am in Atlanta, GA.
    Steve

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A few things, in no particular order.

1 Off topic, however the turbo was replaced. Whoohoo, much better. Read my earlier posts if interested in this topic.
    2 My grill was replaced with no hassle and is holding up.
    3 My bumper cover was replaced with no hassle and is not holding up. Tthe replacement is beginning to warp. Steve, please PM me the details of TSB 05-25-11. I bought material @ Home Depot to do a home remedy fix with a piece of flat stock aluminum and 3m Double Side Tape. But if there's a TSB, Ford can do it.
    4 While the dealer had my grill and bumper off for the replacements and they had to shoot the upper bumper cover since that is a non-painted replacement item from Ford, I had them shoot the actual bumper. $150, cheap enough givn the labor for R&I was already accounted for. So...I have a fresh front end @ 19,000 miles. No more Love Bug marks.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I sent an email off to Ford about the grill and bumper issue last Friday (10-20-2005) from the http://www.fordboldmoves.com/default.aspx website. I will post and reply I get. My bumper cover is original and is warped. My grill was replaced one time and is showing signs of warping.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast