Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Grill Warping

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Angry Grill Warping

Does anyone else have this problem? Where is screwed down is fine, but between those it is raising and rubbing the hood and the paint is coming off.
    2006 F250 Blue w/Flames
    6.0L HD#521; BullyDog Mods - Kevin
    Alpine IVA-W200; Clarion OHM153, RF Amps, Boston Acoustic 6.5, Solobaric L78

4X4 POWER-STROKEN
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have not seen that on any of the SD's that I have sold.
    GET INTO YOUR DEALER and have them order you a new grill assy. They are prepainted and take 2 Min to install.
    FORD Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr. 406 544-6891 St Louis, MO fordfun_mt@yahoo.com
    2008 Harley 105TH Anniv Softail Custom
    2006 Harley F-250 Black Long Box #01713 (03/07)
    winner of All Ford class LightningFest6 KC aug/08 -14.21
    (SOLD) 06 Harley F-350 Dk Tor Red Short box #00620 -14.82 2006 Lightning Fest KC---
    (SOLD) 05 Harley F-350 True Blue Short Box 6.0L #3134 -14.47 2005 Lightning Fest KC---
    (SOLD) 04 Harley F-250 W/6" Lift BLK/DSG #2980 -14.935 1/4 mile at Topeka 2004 Truckfest
    I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than in church thinking about my motorcycle. ~unknown~

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I had a similar problem with the grill rubbing on my '04.
    What's the deal man? We pay $50,000 + for our trucks, which are supposed to be a "special edition" you'd think that these things would be gone over with a fine tooth comb before they left the factory. Instead we get paint blemishes, and what just seems like poor craftsmanship.

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    kinda what I'm thinking...

I love being Stroked!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I noticed mine is poping up between he screws too. mine hasn't touched the hood yet.

NLOC # 1174
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mine is begining To Do That Also. The Other Unnerving Thing Is The Upper Bumper Cover Warping And Touching The Grille. It Makes A Real Pain To Put The Bra On....

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Had a simalar problem Bug shield was rubbing into the grill. Dealer replaced the grill and repainted the hood. No Charge!

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's Really Unnerving Is When Someone Types And Capitalizes Every New Word. That's Enough To Drive A Simple Man Like Myself Absolutely Nuts.

Just bustin your chops MJ.

--Snake

I love being Stroked!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sweet Now We Know How To Get To Snake. Keep It Up!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Fantom
    We pay $50,000 + for our trucks, which are supposed to be a "special edition" you'd think that these things would be gone over with a fine tooth comb before they left the factory.
    Actually, they were. All the SD HD's were pulled off the end of the line and inspected before all the HD badging was installed. You have to realize, these guys really don't have the time to become intimate with each vehicle like the owner will.

That being said, a grill that starts to warp a year or two after production isn't the factory or production workers fault. It's a supplier/design issue, and the only way Ford will find out about these things is through warranty work. It sucks that it works that way, but they don't have the man power or money to call each individual owner every so often to ask if there are any problems with their vehicle.
    2002 HD #388 Black
    4# lower, Pred tune....more to come.

Stroke This
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I understand that it is not a line guys fault...it warps with heat and over time. However, it seems as though throught the years Ford would know what works. I guess this bing a new grill forthem this is the first of the problems for this item. They Are Different Than The Others. I Think I Will Go To The Dealer Today. I Will Let YOU KNOW WHAT THEY tell me.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Are all the HDs really checked over before they are shipped? I had no idea.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by black5.4
    Actually, they were. All the SD HD's were pulled off the end of the line and inspected before all the HD badging was installed. You have to realize, these guys really don't have the time to become intimate with each vehicle like the owner will.

That being said, a grill that starts to warp a year or two after production isn't the factory or production workers fault. It's a supplier/design issue, and the only way Ford will find out about these things is through warranty work. It sucks that it works that way, but they don't have the man power or money to call each individual owner every so often to ask if there are any problems with their vehicle.
    I've found quite a few things on my truck within the first 5 minutes of looking at it that seemed like some big issues. Paint runs, "orange peel", there are spots on the fender flares that don't even have a single drop of paint on them. Hell the tape stripes on the driver's side didn't even line up, and were crooked, crooked enough to be seen with ease. To me, that's poor craftsmanship. And I'm sure that my truck isn't the only one with problems like those. I just feel things like that should have been addressed before they left the factory.
    '04 Black Over Orange, Crew Cab Short Box, diesel, all the options that ford offered, #1191.
    Sungtop Fiberglass Tonneau Cover and Bedrug, Edge Juice Platinum, Silverline 4'' Dual Exhaust w/ 5" Tips, Sirius Satellite Radio.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Cool Hand Luke
    Sweet Now We Know How To Get To Snake. Keep It Up!!
    I Should Have Kept My Mouth Shut

--Snake
    "The true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you."

2005 Harley Davidson F-250 Superduty #3991, true blue, 8180 lbs

SCT tuned by DJ, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust (sans kitty and muffler), Airaid Intake, Zoodad, ARE "Z" Series topper, Nathan K3 AirChimes on custom mounts (200 psi through 1/2" line and 1/2" fittings), on-board air, stereo goodies, Catchall floor liners, Recon clearance lights, tinted windows, Silverstar headlights/foglights, BearHunter stealth reverse lights

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Fantom
    I've found quite a few things on my truck within the first 5 minutes of looking at it that seemed like some big issues. Paint runs, "orange peel", there are spots on the fender flares that don't even have a single drop of paint on them. Hell the tape stripes on the driver's side didn't even line up, and were crooked, crooked enough to be seen with ease. To me, that's poor craftsmanship. And I'm sure that my truck isn't the only one with problems like those. I just feel things like that should have been addressed before they left the factory.

Hmmm, an 04. I can't remember if they pulled those off the line or not. I know for a fact they did the 05's. Either way, you're right. That's something that should have been caught at the factory (several times) and at the dealer(at least once before you even saw the truck). I can understand your frustration, I work at the place and even I get frustrated at times...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast