Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: "Secret" Mod Project - Phase I - Ripdown!!!

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    lmao@ MBO and the road crew...its more than a blower install tho and its not just jerzy im tryin to get up there from VA!!

Rob if you can work something out with snake thats cool cuz i cant commit 100% til end of next week but if not i can swing by where ever on the way up

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    I'm gonna keep stirring the pot by telling you Jerzee boys that you need advice from the modaholics in Florida. The parts and transformations happen faster then the posts on this board. There are a bunch of us who would mod while the parts were in shipping if we could figure out how to do it.

Damn rookies......they love to procrastinate. Is this like road side construction.....one guy works three eat donuts and drink coffee while two others talk about how they would be doing it! LOL

Don't get pissed off now! This is allin good fun. I'm sure the blower install will go just fine. Just keep the Dodge boy away from under that hood!
    Yea, but not all us "Jerzee Boys" are doing "bolt-on" mods that take a few hours...

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    maybe we should just go ahead and make it a nation wide NHTOC meet at josh's place...anyone that can come come on!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha...

ANNOUNCMENT....NHTOC NEW YEARS PARTY @ DIRTY SOUF JERZ

i can see it now, so many people that more BS goes on than actual work haha. At the pace things are moving now, dont want to jinx myself like i usually do, but its going quicker than i expected. will be ready for the next MAJOR step this weekend, and then its down time til the rest of the parts come here, so hopefully they get in soon so i'm not rushing at the end of the month!

MBO i thought you knew me better! really think i'm just doing a blower swap? MUAHAHAHAHAHA Kinda depressing though knowing i could have paid off the rest of the truck payments with what i'm spending on this mod project but oh well, might as well have fun being broke & modding & making payments til july 2008 haha.
    it could really be going a lot faster than it is, but with working 2 jobs 7 days a week and having to get up at 4:45 in the morning, i can only get 3 hours tops in a night at the shop, and i'm always sidetracked with checking out other idea's or cleaning chit

Daily update pics!!!

YESTERDAY....was too tired to post up so posting them today...

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

so amazing i can actually see what i'm doing now! and they warm the shop up nicely too!

got all the vacuum lines off, washer fluid tank, fuel rails & injectors

GOOD RIDDENS wiring clusterf*ck!! that area of the engine bay looked like a fukin rats nest between the neon wires, dual battery wires, trickle charger wires, etc. etc. etc. FINALLY going to rewire it correctly and not just keep adding wire and loom

here's the spider cricket lookin thing looks alot freaker when its alive and all its things are pointing out.

hello hello hello.....is there an echo in there? lookin pretty damn empty inside!

wiring GONE

radiator GONE....LFP is coming out with their extreme duty radiators VERY soon!

done for the night

Parts pile is growing bigger slowly but surely

oh yeah also got the radiator tank out...i want the billet one! who's getting me one for x-mas?

the guessing game has gotta end soon!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lookin' good Josh. Man, I miss three weeks on here and I catch this!! Can't wait to see the finished project.

That cricket is a Cave Cricket. Love damp and cool places (hence "cave"). Get them in my basement daily. One problem of owning a 100 year old house with a stone foundation!!

Don't let all the hands get in the way of each other and you will be alright. Good Luck.
    HAD: 400 HP/476 ft. lbs.
    4# Lower, 2.9" Upper
    Apten Ported Blower, JLP CAI, L-Spec Bilsteins
    L&S Oil Separator, SCT Tune by MD Motorsports

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    cave cricket eh? i think steve needs to change the name of the shop from Extreme Auto Works to Cave Customs
    damp, dark, & musty like a cave...and cave critters crawlin around haha

hopefully the dead tranny will be out sunday!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    good lawd! how does your brain handle all of this! i would have a heart attack trying to remember where everything goes especially all the wiring You gonna detail the whole engine bay before you slap that procharger on there btw?

600/700 Club
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not that hard really, to me anyways, I guess it's a knack or something. I wish I could do computer stuff as well as I turn wrenches, lol. Having a manual helps too though.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    haha, well thats partially the reason why all the electrical plugs still in the engine bay have the black & yellow tape on them, wrote on them with permanent marker where they plug into, same for the vacuum lines & heater hoses. all the electrical connections will only fit into one spot, but just saves trouble tryign to find what it goes into with them tagged, i can read it and just know right where it goes, so looks a bit overwhelming, but really not too bad at all.

another reason its taking me twice as long to do everything is i'm tediously bagging & tagging every nut & bolt that comes off so i know exactly where it goes takes a bit longer now, but will save a lot of headache in the end!

and for everything else, if you dont have a ford service CD....GET ONE!!! i think dermaestro (sp?) is the one i got mine from for 5 bucks. definately worth it even if you use the disc once!

as for the beavers nest of wiring that was over behind the battery most of it was neon wires, ripped those all out and will be redoing them all with new wires, and alot better type wiring too, and with them all being done at once they can all be loomed at once. before i added a few neons here and a few neons there so the wiring just kept getting spliced and added and more loom got the basic wiring layout on my computer for the dual batterys and 200 amp solenoid for them, but other than that pretty simple. also helps that 40 hours a week 99% of what i do at work is wire up consoles and electrical enclosures for navy ships, so i've gotten pretty nit picky with wiring being perfect looking

oh yeah, and YES EVERYTHING is getting detailed/painted/undercoated/etc. before it goes back together i'm thinking up a new color combo for the truck as well

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    you should paint the block!! and again your beating me! how about i come down there and we my s/c swap since you are waiting for parts!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh if ya make notes send them on over including a parts list cheers

600/700 Club
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It is always better to have leftover hardware than to have some missing right?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Josh, of course I know you and figure its much more but I got the jist of it. I understand the beingbroke thing but what a way t obe broke in style and power! Who's better then us? Keep on keepin' on. I love see the multi state mod-ness! It's the shiznit

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol...the world could end tomorrow, so i'd rather be modding the truck and still owe money on it, than just pay it off and still have it stock and never get to have much fun with it!

trp, gonna drop you a PM in a minute or two about your swap...

dean...when i'm done and the exact extent of the mods i'm doing are revealed i'll post up an exact list of EVERYTHING needed and prices, etc. right now i've spent about 8-9 grand wasnt too bad though since i've been buying stuff a little bit at a time since May of this year. got about another 1-2 K to go going broke in style

tonights progress pics!

the most progress the shop's ever seen in one night. lol....me workin on my hooptie and tattoostuff doing the drop kit on his SRT.

WOO WOO gettin even more EMPTY in there! Throttle cable & cruise cables are out, cruise control unit, wipers & cowl off, main engine harness out, fusebox, etc., hood struts & hood bump stops. majority of the night was spent on disconnecting everything and tagging all the plugs on the main engine harness. just time consuming job but nothin hard

never realized there were so many damn plugs! kinda funny how some of the ford plugs are a piece of cake to take off, push a button and they pop off, and others are a major major PITA to get unclipped from some stupid design

never realize how much space just wiring takes up

runnin out of room on the parts shelf! main engine harness on bottom shelf, throttle & cruise cables out, got the exhaust tips off, etc.

took the HID's out as well. lookin like a bare skeleton

Pretty much all the top end stuff from the engine bay that can be done is finished, tomorow will jack it up in the air and get the starter off, disconnect my e-fan temp wire & a few other misc. lower end harnesses, start taking off the left side harness that runs down to the tank & taillights, and start chopping out the exhaust if i've got any sawzaw blades left after steve going to town on his SRT's welded on bumpstops with them

and sorry for any chitty spelling tonight, had a small screwdriver go deep as chit into my finger when i was tryin to pop off the wiper arm cover, so hard to type with a piece of shop towel and electrical tape wrapped around a finger who needs stitches!

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    damn josh! and i thought you were broke all this time

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast