Thread: Help! New car purchase

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Exclamation Help! New car purchase

I've decided to get the wife a new Zephyr for Christmas. Anyone who has followed knows that she had:
    1. '02 C-Class
    2. '03 H-D 2-tone
    3. '04 X-type
    4. '05 300C

Bottom line?:
    1. Too gutless
    2. Too "guyish"
    3. Too sedate/old-womanish
    4. Too spartan/gangsterish

She "thinks" she likes the new Zephyr because it is just the right size, has enough "oomph", is classy, has lots of creature comforts, and the cup-holders are located "quite well" except "the Milan and Fusion also have them in the front door panels which is even better!".

Big drawback? Yep! ... you got it! ... hand operated parking brake! ... right next to the console cup-holders, no less!

Point is: I know there are a few FoMoCo employees here on the board as well as others that are "in-the-know". What should I realistically expect to pay for a new fully loaded (heated/AC seats, moon roof, nav, chrome wheels, premium sound). I know Ford is offering X-Plan on Fusion SEL's. Is that the case for Zephyr's? I have got to think there's a lot more margin-room in the Zephyr? ... and since they aren't really selling many of 'em? ... gotta be hungry?... right?
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Looks like a great choice.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you want I can talk to my grandmother. She runs a Lincoln dealer in Florida and see what I can find out for you.

Peaches#376

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Zephyr's are still new. Maybe even still in the pipeline. I don't think many dealers will be willing to let them go for much less than sticker. Even Fords new "Keep it Simple" discount does not apply to the new Zypher......(Not 100% sure on it)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We have a nicely loaded zephyr at our ford store I believe sticker is 34 grand it has nav but no moonroof, I have a call into them now to find out invoice for ya.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok here it is, base price is 28995 inv 26722 after all the bells and whistles 34040 msrp invoice is 31787, x-plan is available and is 32082 none of these prices include tax title lic, or any applicable rebates (if any!) oh and bare bones invoice on this particular car minus holdback and all other dealer money is 31119.

I dint tell you guys any of this K!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Thnx! ... gonna work it!