Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: December 2005 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Keith "Towcrazy" Harris ! (NHTOC #87)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Congrats to Towcrazy and his incredible 2002 DSG Harley F-150 and the December, 2005 National Harley Truck Owners Club Truck of the Month Award!!!

With his sleek looking 02 HD with just the right looking pinstriped/ghost flames, and one of the few harley trucks residing in Hawaii, as well as being a supporting member of the site for quite some time, Towcrazy fits the bill perfect for TOTM!

Almost on the verge of being sold not long after the completion of the killer paint job, I’m sure everyone is glad that this sweet hooptie is still around on the boards and its keys still in Towcrazy’s pockets to continue the modding frenzy.

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your DSG 02?
    ?

I have always been a FORD fan, every one around me were Chevy people so I just did not want to be like every one around me. And I have always loved Harleys, I rode several but never owned one, So when the Harley Truck came out it was a no brainer for me to get one. One problem I couldn’t afford one, but in 2002 when I had the chance to get one I jumped on it. I picked theDSG because I didn’t want to clean a Black truck simple as that.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Most people trip out when I tell them I bought the truck off of E-Bay from a
    guy in Florida. It took me three tries to get a Harley truck. I first tried locally and the only HD in the state was on another island at a dealer and it was black and I was going to settle for black because it was here and all of the other dealers told me no way they can get a DSG because the 2003’s were out. The dealer was going to charge me close to 46K for the truck, needless to say you can guess where I told him he could put his 46K! After that I went to E-Bay for my search, and I found one in Illinois that was in my price range that I was bidding on it for 2 days and then it was gone!!! I called the dealer and he told me it was sold locally. So the next one I got smart after I found the one that was in my price range. I called the guy and told him I wanted the truck and he was real cool he even dropped the price three grand for me, and I found a transport company that would bring it all the way to my island.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Mods, mods and more mods lol Bell Tech ¾ Drop, Airforce One Filter Kit, Carbon Fiber Rear lights, Blackwood Window Trim, J&J Lower Grill, Lightning 3rd Brake Light, 8lb Lower pulley, Metco E-fan, Billet Aluminum Idler Pulleys, 2.93 Reichard Racing Ultra Pulley, Polished Billet Aluminum Dress-Up Kit, Magnaflow Cat-Back, BedRug, Chrome shifter, wiper and tilt knobs, Gaylord speedsturr, AEM Wide band A/F, Automeater Phantom Boost Gauge, Fiberglass Hood, 7 Color LED underbody lights, and I am sure I am missing a few too.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your business, that sweet flamed tow truck, etc!
    I was born in Placerville CA. Moved here when I was 5 years old so I guess I could be called a local. At this time I have no time for a hobby, but I used to fish and I try to go to the race track. Now a days I try to spend as much time as I can with my two wonderful kids. The Tow Truck is one of 3 we have and the flamed one is a 2002 International 4300. I needed a Truck that would stand out in the crowd, and I had to go to the other side of the Island for it but I think it was worth it.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a long time, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    The people. This site has the best bunch of people around hands down.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    At this time I do not have any suggestions. I think this site is doing real well and I love the new look!.

Question # 7:
    Although it pretty much states the obvious on the meaning behind your screen name, lol, but just for good measure, what’s the story behind the name on how you chose it?

Well in all honesty I stole it years ago. I saw it in some guys web address and he was really way far away from me so I tried to use it and never got called on it so it became mine.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? I remember reading before you were thinking about selling it, which I hope the tides have turned on that one! Haha, but any future plans for modding, etc.?
    Well if it survives the divorce, I have a bunch of ideas for it. The main one would be the A/V system, which is one area I have not touched yet. A good track system is in my head too so I can plant the power to the ground. The rest I will leave up my sleeve and hopefully surprise every one.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!
    Well first I would like to thank EVERY ONE at the NHTOC for their support over the years. Thank you to the people who nominated me for this. I extend a warm welcome to ANY member of NHTOC that happens to find them selves in my corner of the ocean, please feel free to call. And maybe one day I will make it up to one of those famous GTG!!!

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM December, 2005!

Last edited by BigD; 06-13-2006 at 06:21 AM.

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    CONGRATS!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats TowCrazy

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Re: December 2005 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Keith "Towcrazy" Harris ! (NHTOC #87)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigD
    [B]Congrats to Towcrazy on December, 2005 Truck of the Month! With subtle ghost flames, a low stance, and a unique ram air hood to menton just a few of the many many mods done to this truck that work together perfectly, its easy to say that there's not too many other vehicles in Hawaii that could look sleeker than Tow's 02 DSG HD!

Congrat's again dude....I think it's safe to say that there's not too many other vehicles ANYWHERE that could look sleeker than Tow's 02 DSG HD! .....Well done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

www.RTDELECTRONIX.com
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats.....

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    grats Tow!!!

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Beautiful Truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I wish you the best.

Ron

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Keith, Way to go Bra, tight as always.......
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    That mutha is SWEET!
    Congrats on the award!

Later...
    Bruce

click da pic!

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice to see the first 2 TOTM are DSG!!! Congrats. I showed my wife the ghost flames on the Tow's truck and she thought they looked awesome. So when my truck goes into the shop for some hurricane repairs I'm gonna have the flames done as well. Any pictures of the hood?
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

FEATURED
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Long overdue! Beautiful truck Keith!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Way to go Keith!!!!
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mahalo every one !!!!!

SoFlaHarley
    There are pix of the hood in my gallery
    Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    congratsssss.......sweeeeet....... truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats dude, wish mine looked that good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast