Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 40' x 30' shop in progress

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweet

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Had the gravel delivered yesterday and today we used our neighbor's tractor to spread it I started cutting wood for the frame as well.

Here is the bobcat I used to clear the topsoil:

My wife took the first couple runs with the tractor and I did the rest. Guess she got tired of the clutch:

More pics of the gravel:

Neighbor's lab puppies thought they were king of the mountain:
    2001 F150 Harley Davidson

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cool, to have everything already there. In about a month or so I'll be working on a similar project. Constructing a 30 X 50 shop, right now, helping a co-working on a 40 x 40 raised center roof barn. Wood framed with 26 guage metal walls and roof. Once the frame was done the outside metal went up in about 3 hours . We have the roof and the molding left to install. And cutting off the extra metal. Can't build anything like that in a subdivision. Homeowners Association would have a fit.

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Moe
    Cool, to have everything already there. In about a month or so I'll be working on a similar project. Constructing a 30 X 50 shop, right now, helping a co-working on a 40 x 40 raised center roof barn. Wood framed with 26 guage metal walls and roof. Once the frame was done the outside metal went up in about 3 hours . We have the roof and the molding left to install. And cutting off the extra metal. Can't build anything like that in a subdivision. Homeowners Association would have a fit.
    Yeah I know about the home owner's association thing. I live in a subdivision now. The shop we are building is out on my 25 acres. Can't wait to build a house out there.

Eventually we intend on building a 40x48 raised center roof barn to store hay, horse equipment, tractor, etc.

Today we finished cutting the wood for the forms and all the stakes. I also used my Sawsaw to cut the old bolts off. all that remains is to drill holes into the sides of the existing slab for the rebar, build the forms, put the PVC pipes in place and then lay the rebar and wire. After that we should be ready to pour the concrete and sometime next month we'll have the garage built.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That is a nice looking area you got going on there Etch

We just got into a HOA deal and it's got me a little nervus. The house does come with a small built in shop thats got me a little happy. It;s a little bigger than it looks and it's also connected to the garage.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pro-Hawk.. you saw my post in THT.....

I haven't out fitted anything yet.. but hope I can get mine that nicely arranged.

Rob W

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Pro-Hawk
    That is a nice looking area you got going on there Etch

We just got into a HOA deal and it's got me a little nervus. The house does come with a small built in shop thats got me a little happy. It;s a little bigger than it looks and it's also connected to the garage.

Man that is sweet looking. All nice and finished. Mine wont' be finished with drywall and all that nice looking stuff.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 2002GreyHD150
    Pro-Hawk.. you saw my post in THT.....

I haven't out fitted anything yet.. but hope I can get mine that nicely arranged.

Rob W
    Don't praise me yet, that is the current home owners stuff...he's taking it with him That is why I posted that thread looking for shop pics to get some ideas.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks

The shop was a add on to the exsisting home....as you know about HOA's, it's all got to look good and match blah blah. So thats why it's got a finnish etc.

01 HD #5088
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Don't praise me yet, that is the current home owners stuff...he's taking it with him That is why I posted that thread looking for shop pics to get some ideas.
    Looks like he was more into wood working.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    NICE!!!!!!!!!

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Etch
    Looks like he was more into wood working.
    Yes sir.

I'm a wood working fan also but this baby is going to be mostly auto related. Anyone got a deal on a nice Mac tool or Snap on tool box

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Yes sir.

I'm a wood working fan also but this baby is going to be mostly auto related. Anyone got a deal on a nice Mac tool or Snap on tool box

If I could find one, this would be the MAC daddy tool box for me!

Images hosted by National Harley Truck Owners Club Member Galleries

View all images from this gallery

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn thats sweet

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Toolbox on ebay

Here's a black Snap On Harley tool box on ebay, item @ 4596402632.
    A bit pricey at $7,000 but they said they went for $12,000 new.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast