Thread: Blackwood box...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Blackwood box...

I know this subject has been worn out in the past on other sites, but now yet on here. I want to keep my HD looking stock inside. The Blackwood sub box would be perfect for that.

Would someone be kind enough to post the part numbers for the box, and grill....

Click it ^

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Any Pics or specs on the Blackwood box? I have no idea where they are located, how it looks, sounds, etc.
    NHOTC #23
    2002 Supercharged Harley Davidson Supercrew DSG - Fast Daily Driver.
    1985 Turbocharged RX-7 GSL-SE "Cosmo" 13B-RE - Much, Much, Faster Weekend Racer.
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT Convertible bone stock - Weekend Cruiser.
    1998 Sea-Doo GTX-Limited too many mods!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Blackwood box is the stock sub enclosure that comes in the Lincoln Blackwood. If you look at your rear console, there is a panel behind it that can be removed. That's where the Blackwood box goes. If you have the part number, you can order the box and speaker come as one. The grill is a seperate part number.

From what I hear, it's not the greatest, but much better than what a stock HD has...
    :bo:

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn’t mind using the bucket with another sub, but I would like to know the cost of the parts.

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey N2.. I've got one in my truck. I can't remember where I got it from or even the part number, sorry.

I took the amp out of mine and I drive it with the alpine that is in it. It works OK, but I had a 10" high end fosgate in my Screw and it thumped!

If you are a bass whore, it won't fit the bill. If rock-a-billy or country is your sort of thing, it will probably be great for the task. My understanding is that it is a low end alpine sub...

Might also consider the JL audio sub box which eats up the rear console. That WILL thump...

Ken

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by ken800
    If you are a bass whore, it won't fit the bill. If rock-a-billy or country is your sort of thing, it will probably be great for the task. My understanding is that it is a low end alpine sub...
    I looked it up in detail last nite. It is a low-end alpine 8" sub.
    An 8"incher will not will not hit has hard as I would like. Even a 10" would be a compromise.

I guess it's back to the JL Stealthbox search.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I took the amp out of mine and I drive it with the alpine that is in it. It works OK, but I had a 10" high end fosgate in my Screw and it thumped!
    Ken
    Ken, I thought you had one, but wasn't sure. Is there anyway you could mod the box, and put a 10" sub in it? Would it be better to buils my own box, and use the Blackwood grill?
    I like really tight bass. I have been there, and done that with big box bass. Since I don't drive the truck much, a 10" would probably satisfy my needs...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We need a better price on the JL box. ;c

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know you guys aren't going to want to hear it, but the JL box is going to be your best bet. They will have already done the research on the correct air space for the particular sub...

I think I saw somewhere on Online where someone built one scratch like the JL box, but I can't remember...

Ken, I guess you will need to check out the sub box when you check out the FTVB.... lol

The problem with an 8" sub is you have to cross it over too high and you end up getting some music in it which I can stand. It makes the sub sound "tinny" sometimes.

In my opinion, a 10" is really the entry point for a sub if you are going to get one...

Ken

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ken, I guess you will need to check out the sub box when you check out the FTVB.... lol
    Ken
    It looks like you need to get that data logger. I'm going to need it to record all the data I aquire from a ride/drive in your truck.

I know an 8" is pretty small. I wonder if a better quality 8" would tune any lower. I have been out of the loop for so long on high end audio, I don't even know what is available anymore...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don’t know crap about audio, but can you not put a 10’ sub into the JL box?

Boostin' Daily.
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ayrton
    I don’t know crap about audio, but can you not put a 10’ sub into the JL box?
    The JL Stealthbox comes with a 12", even better than a 10'.

If you're referring to the blackwood box, then the answer is, - I don't know.

Maximus Horsepowerus
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the blackwood would take another sub for sure. The question is, we need to know the airspace of the box (it's plastic, so maybe water?) and then buy a high end sub accordingly. I did it because it was cheap (like 250 or something) and fits behind the trim and is totally hidden. Plus, I still have my rear console for storage of my air compressor and a couple of other items.

Ken

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have lost interest in the Blackwood box, as I think the JL is the way to go, but not until we can get a deal on one.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the blackwood would take another sub for sure. The question is, we need to know the airspace of the box (it's plastic, so maybe water?) and then buy a high end sub accordingly. I did it because it was cheap (like 250 or something) and fits behind the trim and is totally hidden. Plus, I still have my rear console for storage of my air compressor and a couple of other items.
    Ken
    Ken, I'm like you about the console. I like the idea of having the extra space back there. It gives my daughter a place to stash her travel gear (Game boy, etc.).
    I guess I find it to be another challenge, like the stock air box deal. I think I can make base back there. Someone telling me I can't only makes me want to try it anyway