Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Well She blew

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Money, sorry to here about the motor trouble. It sucks but I think we all know going down this road is a risk we all take. I am in the same realm as you I check myself on the wideband and keep it a bit fat. I feel for you brother. I prefer to build on my terms like you most likely. Be smart and fix right the first time. Forged internals and a solid build up from the bottom up. YOu will be glad tyou did it and now you can handle anything else you throw at it. The trouble is once you build up you have no more coin to buy the other goodies. Best of luck

MBO

I'm so out of the loop these days with my job taking all my time.

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bgstew & greyhd showed up and we got her guttted quickly. Stew will post pics.
    We opened the hood and the first thing we all thought was well it don't look that bad. Crack the airfilter off and you know your in trouble when oil drips out your airbox and throttle body.

I can't thank you all enough. All your wishes and my local bros showing up has been tremendous. All the fun and all the challenges are much more fullfilling when shared in the arms of such a community.

I think my neighbors all took a seat when the Harley Trucks came roaring up . The tools popped out and the work got busy. People and their cracks about warranties, Fords and Pay-to-Play just sit down and shut up when they see you got back-up. I'll let Stew take post some from here. Thanks again everybody.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Click ClicK Boom!

WEll, as much as I like to hang out with my Fellow Crappers these aren't the times that I like.....

Good skies, nice breeze and about 74 degrees, could not have asked for a better day for a tear down.

Met up with GreyHD this morning at 10am, headed south and hit Moneys pad around 1040. Did not take long to peel the cover back, open up the hood look at it and go hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Took us Three and Half hours to pull the top half of the Motor, pull the Efan, Disconnect A/C system, Drain, drop exhaust, seperate the Flywheel from the TQ Converter, etc.

All that is left is to disconnect Pwr Steering, seperate motor from tranny, bust the engine from the mounts and pull the motor.

Couple pics with some commentary.

HMMMMMMMMMMM LOoks Good from here

So that is where all the oil Went!! Not a good day when ya see this after you pull the blower. Found numerous small engine fragments in that Black Lagoon...

Stripped and almost ready to come out

Alot of good parts here!!

HMMMMMMM I dont think this is supposed to look like this! Two holes in the motor...one right in front of the Starter directly above the Oil pan/block mating point and another directly opposite of this near the Remote Oil filter Mount.

All said great day for modding but would have rather had it been under better circumstances. If we would have had a Cherry picker the motor would have been out and the new one ready to go back in today.....

Enough of the depressing pics,,,,all pics from here on out should be a lot nicer.

Gone Hunting
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Damn that was quick....do you even get to eat some Salsa?Anyways, best of luck tomorrow with her.

Ray

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yup as a matter of fact I did, two tacos with some Salsa!! LOL YOu know I dont work for Free Man!!!

Just my Pickup & my Dog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    But if you feed Stew salsa make sure he works out doors. Whew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Feel the Wrath, Stew works for Salsa, but Dont Feed the Bears is usually enforced!! LOL

Great day guys.....MOney, Stew and GreyHD made a great team and everything went pretty damn smooth.....

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    whats the time frame on the rest of the tear down/rebuild? great work today guys!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IF we would have had a cherry picker it could have been out in another 2 hours....not much left to do to get her out. Money can tell ya what else he may or may not have up his sleeves. I just just turn wrenches, help out brothers and work for Salsa.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was great meeting up with Stew nad lending Chris a hand. It was my first motor tear down so it was a learning experience. Money has some pretty good ideas for whats to come. By the way, Chris is right, Stew is better off working out doors as he was another victim of the a "Stewy Bomb" after he had somne salsa. On the positive note it was good to meet up with the fellow band of crappers and "get ir done". Hope we can meet up on better circumstances next time.

Down Under
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    02MoneyPit - Great to see the brothers getting you up & running again. Why does someone have a nearly new 04 lightning donk for sale anyway????? So I'm not sure if I have missed a post or 2 but whats the plan? Are you going to fit the 04 Lightning donk with a stronger bottom end??? KB on the way too?? Good luck dude.

Hey Josh..........These guys did more than you over a packet of chips than you did in 2 weeks............ j/k mate.
    Last edited by HD DUDE; 12-11-2005 at 11:10 PM.

2003 F150 Harley Davidson #4520 (Black) Born 11th Feb 2003
    2004 F250 7.3L TD Australian Delivered (Black)
    2008 FXDF Fat Bob
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard (S) (Black)
    2008 Hayabusa (Black)
    2007 Hayabusa (Custom 10" over & 330 Rear End)
    2005 HD Ultra Classic (Black)
    2003 DRZ440 Motarded
    My Main Gallery
    My Other Rides

Just my Pickup & my Dog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The L guy is a maniac what can you say. 14K miles on a brand new motor and he is dumping it for a $20K built race motor. No matter where you are on the chain there are those higher and those lower.

First plan is to Port and Polish all those rough alum pieces. Plenum, Blower, Inter-Cooler and Intake manifold all going under the grind.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    MMMMMMMMMM

Slick, shaved and smooth is nice

The Man
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by bgstew6
    MMMMMMMMMM

Slick, shaved and smooth is nice

I dont know what your talking about, but it sounds good!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Something like this

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast