Thread: Fuse holder mounting

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fuse holder mounting

Can a few of you guys(and/or ladies)post up some pics of how you have your amp power wire fuses mounted underhood?I'm just about finished with a system install in my 97 F-150,and cant find a place to put my holder(that dont look like sh*t).The model is a BAGU1(cant paste a pic of it for some reason).TIA!!!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    why not put it behind the solenoid cover?? I dont have any pics but there is room there to mount it. That is where mine is gonna go when I installl my stereo.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Stew,I'll check it out tomarrow.Any other ideas?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tracey... FUSE holder? Tisk Tisk... manual reset circuit breakers (MCB) are the Bomb, the Shiznit, the proverbial Cat's Meow!

Anyway.. my circuit breaker is right in the corner of the passenger side behind the battery on the firewall.

I will take a pick tomorrow...

Im going to be selling custom taylored amp kits with circuit brekaers, special mounting brackets etc by the end of january 2006. so if nothing else, rough it in the solenoid area & then I can hook you up on a MCB & bracket.

Rob W

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mmmmmmmm sounds good Rob, let me know when you get r done, I would be interested in one as well!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rob,let me know when the bombshiznitcatsmeow CB are available.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if everything goes right the next 2 weeks.. they should be ready by last week of Jan.

I already have made contact on the MCB's from Monster Cable. So that was easy. Now I just need to make my bracket eye appealing to integrate with the provided main Monster Cable MCB bracket.

here is the MCB I will use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Monst...spagenameZWDVW

item # 8025925125

they go for $30-50 retail depending on where you look. they include a sheet metal "L" bracket with the MCB... however the location I use is tucked under the firewall lip.

here's a pic of the one in my truck, before I made my final bracket. Pardon the mess, the engine compartment STILL hasn't been detailed since the last visit to the body shop & she goes back for final work tomorrow.. another week in the body shop..

Rob W
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    closer shot... in the pick I have red plastic stand offs under the bracket... not imaginative, but functional.

I have found a square tube material that will work great. You will screw the metal tube in first to the firewall, then run the machine screws into the tube holding the MCB bracket. Then lastly attach the MCB from below to its provided bracket... nothing earth shattering.. just a nicer solution. The tube is mild steel so the standard offering will be powdercoated. But it could be chromed for the bling masters. I thought about making it from a solid block of aluminum, but the machining costs or the time to turn them on a home lathe, no one would pay it.. LOL

I'm looking to try & make the MCB & the bracket & hardware for about $50-60.

close up of the MCB as it was:

Rob W
    Attached Images Attached Images

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Where you at with this?
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    less than 2 weeks...

I have the Circuit breakers sourced. I ahve the materials for the spacer... I just finished a car last week, which was my interuption... start weds morning finalizing the design. will have final install pics & details by friday...

SV fee's paid to NHTOC today... so I am legit... just waiting for Dwight's announcement.

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GO ROB,GO!!!!!!!lol

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK I have the MCB's available, but I ambuying them @ a discounted retail instead of whlsale... but none the less I think I can do it for $55 with all the hardware.

I will have a pic of myu DUAL MCB install on Saturday. I will start taking orders for the Singles or Duals next monday. they can ship within 2-4 business days from the order arriving.

Stay tuned

Rob W