Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: January 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Rob "Flatout_Krazy" Grendell ! (NHTOC #70)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Laugh January 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Rob "Flatout_Krazy" Grendell ! (NHTOC #70)

Congrats to Flatout_Krazy and his incredible 2003 Black Harley F-150 and the January, 2006 National Harley Truck Owners Club Truck of the Month Award!!!

With one of the most bling blingin trucks on the planet, this truck has struck awe in the eye's of everyone who's seen it in person! From being a rare find in England, to out-blinging everybody at the JLP Dyno Day, to now sporting the streets of Washington State, this truck has seen the world.

And as a member who's been around for quite some time and always willing to lend a hand and help out his fellow Harley brothers, its only natural that this beauty of a truck claims TOTM for January, 2006!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your black 2003?

I was Stationed in England in 2003 when the tranny went out in my old 91 Explorer. I went into the military car sales office and was looking through some brochures. I came to the 2003 Harley truck ad that said “Not recommended for the witness protection program” and I was done!!!!!

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Well, I waited 6 months for them to build the truck and ship it to me in England. I about drove my family crazy. I was even tracing the boat it was on online!! I waited so long that my garage looked like a nursery for a newborn with all the mods waiting.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Audio/Video
    Clarion Digital Surround Processor
    Clarion DXZ935 head unit
    Clarion SRK5 powered center channel speaker
    Clarion DVD player
    Clarion TV Tuner
    Clarion A/V Switcher
    JL Audio 250/1 sub amp
    JL Audio 450/4 Amp
    JL Audio stealth box 12' SUB
    JL Audio xr570cxi coaxials
    JL Audio xr653 csi 3 way component
    Playstation2
    Q-Form Kick Panels

Engine/Exhaust
    MagnaFlow High Flow Cats
    MagnaFlow catback
    Billet flow mass intake pipe
    Chickenears engine billet-rest
    Chickenears engine dress up kit#1
    Chickenears engine dress up kit#2
    Cool Flex chrome intercooler lines
    Custom engraved single blade throttle body
    Factory Tech transmission valve body
    Hose Techniques orange silicon replacement hoses
    Metco Idler pulley system
    LFP electric fan
    Polished supercharger plenum
    S+B cold air intake
    Smoothed and painted radiator cover
    JLP custom preditor tune
    EM Grounding kit (Orange)
    Billet Optima Battery holder
    Optima Red Top

Lighting
    Black bermuda tail lights
    Ford Lightning 3rd brake light
    orange LED underbody kit
    Custom switch panel
    Sylvania silver star bulbs/head lamps and fogs
    Neon black light tubes in engine bay
    Line of Fire Led light bar

Suspension
    Ground Force 1 in./3 in drop kit
    JLP 2/3/4 Shackles
    LPF 58" custom-coated traction bars

Exterior other
    Custom orange striping
    Street Scenes smoothed wiper cowl
    Street Scenes Roll pan
    SVT Customs Gel overlays

Interior other
    Custom orange piping
    Chikenears Billet shifter
    Chikenears Billet tilt knob

I probably missed a few LOL

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your business, your bling addiction, etc!
    I am career Air Force. Almost have 20 yrs in now. I am married to Val and have 2 kids Asa 13 and Devyn 10. My other hobbies are Basketball and Racing the #158 NHTOC Ford in my Nascar N2003 online series.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a long time, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    No question at all there. It is the people. You would be hard pressed to find a better bunch of folks. Always willing to help, advise, cheer or whatever you may need.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    I would like to see a live voice chat function available.

Question # 7:
    Now its pretty obvious that you are one crazy modding individual with that insane amount of blingage on your truck, but what’s the story behind how you deemed yourself “FlatoutKrazy”?

That all started with my basketball obsession. Back then, before I got too old (muscles hurt now) to play all the time, I was Hoopkrazy. Then about 6 years ago when I started my online sim racing team Flatout Racin , Flatout Krazy just fit both my personality and my online driving style!!

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? Could there possibly be any mods left to make that engine bay more blingtastic? Or to make that zaino shine any deeper!?
    Future is finally some well deserved garage time!!! Wife just got a new whip so I don’t have to force the truck out into the bad weather UNLESS I WANT TO. My plans for the spring are Rotorpros orange coated slotted dimpled rotors, JLP innercooler tank, a few brackets I need to get chromed, Black LED tails, JLP Windshield Banner and a Cervinis Cobra R hood with a couple small orange stripes. Oh yeah lest I forget--- Clay bar, ZPC, and lots and lots of Zaino!!!!!

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

First, I am floored over this award. With all the quality trucks on this forum it really means a lot to me, thanks!! I want to thank all the people from the NHTOC that have answered my questions, given an opinion, offered me a deal, or just listened to me vent. I also want to thank BigD and Nan for offering up a great place for us to hang out. I also want to let everyone know they can check me out driving the #158 NHTOC Ford on Saturdays at http://www.realracingonline.com/page...roadcasts.html just scroll down the page and click on the RROL TV link. Pre race show is at 3:15 PM EST. Green flag is at 3:30 PM EST!!!!!!! Currently I am in the Pro Stock Division racing on Saturdays but I hope to soon be moved up to pro mod running Sunday evenings at 8:00 PM EST

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM January, 2006!

Last edited by BigD; 06-13-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats bro!!!

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    incredible truck bro....defintely well deserved award!

www.RTDELECTRONIX.com
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats... sweet truck

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats!!!!! Flatout!!!!!!

Aloha and be safe
    Keith & Sherry

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts

Thumbs up

Way to go Flatout....you deserve it!

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats great looking truck

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Bout time dude so did Val get the PINK mini lol dont be a stranger

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As you will see, by getting TOTM, you get to help pick future winners; I picked your truck as one of my favorites!!!!! Congrats!

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    tHANKS FOR ALL THE NICE COMMENTS !!! oUTNUMBERED, THANKS for the consiideration. Lots of awesome trucks around here. I am in amazement over this. Dean, lol she got the orange convertable s.

As I said in the interview i thought i forgot some mods and I see that so far i forgot

Exterior other

Navigatorchrome window trim
    Blackwood chrome Door handles
    and Blackwood chrome mirror backs
    polished fuel door
    J and Jent lower grill
    Nitto 404 305/40/20 tires
    20% tint up front

Interior other

Acetoned 2003 HD logo on back wall (thnks Krix)

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrat's. This is one of my favorite trucks on here. It wouldn't have anything to do with orange being my favorite color.

Rusty
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Around When I Can...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats! Well deserved!

I love this truck!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I tell you what. When I saw those pics I was like. OMG!!!! That's a very nice looking truck. Niciest I've ever seen personally. You just impressed the **** out of me and make want to sell my truck and gwt one that's in really good condition. LOL. Congrats!!!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gratz on the TOTM. You deserve it. You have spent many hours and dollars putting together an awesome truck.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

U.S. Merchant Marine
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Whoa! That is one SHARP truck. Congrats on TOTM.

...and the wife is gonna kill me, but I'm saving a copy of your mods for "future reference".
    '03 Silver Metallic Cobra / '03 Sonic Blue Lightning

Gone but not forgotten:
    04 Black Mach1 / 04 DSG Vortech Mach1 / 99 Red Lightning / 02 DSG Harley F-150 / 04 Quicksilver GTO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast