Thread: Need Quick Help!!!

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Need Quick Help!!!

well i got a set of harley rep's. but i can't fit the stock hubs on there any idea on how to mod the stockers to make them fit???
    Engine = eaton supercharger,lightning upper, 4 pound lower, E-Fan, Cobra water pump, single blade throttle body, JLP ram air kit, EM grounding kit, JLP thunder tube, FTVB, and some underhood BLINGAGE!!!

Exterior = 22inch harley reps, crossed and dimpled rotors, Abm one piece headlights, Lightning tails, venom grill, smoothed and painted cowl, painted calipers, 2/4 belltech drop, speedstur lid, and shaved smoothed and painted tailgate. for now more to come...

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    anybody????

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    If you're talking about the HD centercaps, I saw this in a thread but it doesn't say where they need to be modded.

http://www.nhtoc.net/vbforum/showthr...ight=centercap

Originally posted by Harley#356
    our wheels & tires are 84 lbs a piece, i believe they are around 50-55 lbs without a tire mounted on them.

and all the aftermarket HD reps can use the factory center cap with some slight modding of the centercap.

i wouldnt suggest going with HD reps in stock 20" size for weight savings. Guys have posted up before the quality on the 20" reps isnt very good in comparison to stock, and it makes sense since they are still 20" cast chrome rims. so unless they are forged rims in the same style and size, they would be a better quality, stronger rim, lighter rim, but a lot more money. A cast replica 20" rim will almost definately have poorer quality than stock 20's. I think HD2NV8 had a 20" rep to replace one of his damaged stock rims, and he ended up buying another OEM 20" rim because he wasnt happy with its quality.

you will shed a little weight with going to 22" replicas. I think they are just a few pounds lighter each than stock. like 4-5 lbs at most.

if you are looking to shed 20 lbs a wheel, no way you are going to do it with a set of HD reps with anywhere near a decent amount of quality.

IMO if you really want to shed the rotating mass and get new rims, find some deep dish 5 spoke forged rims (centerlines, etc.) that you like and get a set of those. Then at least you will be able to see where your money went with the one of a kind look to your HD, as well as feel the difference of the lighter weight

Mods=L&S Oil Sep, Blackwood trim & mirror caps, Navi ant' base, E-brake pedal, CAI, C&L Intake & Plenum, 95mm MAF tube, SBTB, 170 T-Stat, Predator+RWTD custom tune, 8# lower, PG Ti900.7 amp, JLA XR570-CXi & Stealthbox, FTVB, Finned Trans Pan, Line of Fire LED, J-Jent Grille, RotorPro Dimpled & Slotted rotors, LED taillights, chrome door strikes, billet locks & coat hangers, ChickenEars Engine Billet package #1&2+door sills, Metco billet aux idler bracket & pulleys, LFP E-Fan, Xenarc HID heads, clear corners, Roush HID fogs, Bedrug, L' 3rd, Kenwood DDX-7017 DVD+TV+Sirrius+RevCam, Lotek dual pillar pod with AutoMeter boost gauge & DynoJet WBC, fog switch mod, UPR billet window switches and door locks, FAST overlays, LFP 58" bars, Hotchkis TVS, Bilsteins, DblG Panhard, Cervinis Cobra R hood, BFG T/A KDW 2 tires, Hawk Ceramic pads, MGP caliper covers.

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah but it doesnt say on how to mod the oe center caps to the HD reps

Just my Pickup & my Dog
    Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think you cut the little tabs off. I'll call Eric and see what he did for his.

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 02MoneyPit
    I think you cut the little tabs off. I'll call Eric and see what he did for his.
    nice let me know.

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ?

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    What brand do you have? I just checked mine, not on the truck yet, and the stock caps fit perfect. they are Detroit brand reps

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok, finally got tires put on them and had time to put them on the truck, on mine they sent me these long lug nuts that wont let the stock cap snap in place so I need to pick up some shorter ones I guess. Is that what is keeping yours from fitting?