Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rear Hellwig Install (Pics)

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was looking at different kits for the sways and the shipping weight for the Hellwig is 50 lbs is this accurate--do they really weigh this much? Also the best price I have found for the Hotchkis Kit is $460+shipping anyone know of where to get a better price?

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Have you talked to Mark@LFP? Mark offers the entire Hotchkis kit for $799.

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    How is that helping me? What do you mean by the entire kit? I called LFP they didn't answer so I will check back in on monday, but if you mean the front and back with all the hardware to install I can get that for $460+35 to ship. I think that might the best deal out there.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The "entire kit" is f/r springs and f/r sway bars, but does not include shocks. If you're looking for sway bars only, LFP still might be able to give you a good deal.

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ah ha, well that is a horse of different color. Will the springs drop the truck at all for I have 22's with 305's and they stand 33" tall can't drop to much without tearing up the fender wells? I don't want to get rid of the wheels and tires because I am running 5.14 gears and anything shorter and I would have to go with less gear. Hmmmm even more thinking to do, on what to do---THANKS 62LINCOLN...lol jk. Thank you for the clarification. BTW this mod is not for my HD its for his sister a 2001 Supercrew.

Got JESUS?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The Hotchkis kit will drop your sister Screw 2/3. It's a 1/2 kit on an HD.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Suds, I think the new Hotchkis kit might have slightly lower drops, here's some info from Mark at LFP (look for his post about halfway down the page): http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...&threadid=3543

Name: Patrick

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    made a sticky out of this... Josh, can you possible write up a Rear Sway bar install tech with your fabalouts pics, I will lock it and sticky it if you dont mind.

Thanks

Got JESUS?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 62Lincoln
    Suds, I think the new Hotchkis kit might have slightly lower drops, here's some info from Mark at LFP (look for his post about halfway down the page): http://www.nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthr...&threadid=3543
    62Lincoln,
    No disrespect intended, but LFP stands for Lightning Force Performance, not HD. The specs that Mark @ LFP posted are for the new L springs, 1939F & 2412. The specs I posted are for the Supercab & Screw models, part numbers 1915F and 2411. That, is the difference and I stand by my earlier post.
    Last edited by Suds5.4; 08-17-2003 at 12:33 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry, Suds, my bad. I thought Mark at LFP was talking about HD/Screw springs in that post, not Lightning springs.

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    With this kit on the HD will it level the truck out so I can take the shackles off the back? I have a set of LFP shackles with the 1-3 inch option if I only need an inch, but would like to take off all together.

Name: Chris

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For whatever its worth I got 1.5” drop in the front and 2” in the rear out of the “old” Hotchkis set up on my HD, so is you add an inch to that you will see what you will get out of a regular screw.

Former Owner
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What kit will give me these drops 1.5/2 on a regular screw?

Got JESUS?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Definitely neither of the Hotchkis kits. For that amount of drop I'd consider HD springs all around and a 2" rear shackle or another brand of 1" drop springs and either a 2" rear shackle or JLP's 2-4" adjustable drop shackle (about 3" max actual drop).
    Last edited by Suds5.4; 08-18-2003 at 07:49 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey all, I can give measurements that you can compare to your trucks..

my set up:
    Hotchkis front coils, std cab (aka Lightning) Hotchkis rear leaf springs, QA-1 shocks (4), shock extenders, Helwig rear bar (for now)....(sorry I am not home so I don't have the part #'s)

there is only 1 front coil that I know of. 2 different leaf springs from Hotchkis .. I have the STD cab/Lightning leaf springs... just to be perfectly clear.

16.5" fender to wheel center front & rear completely level

with the load assist air bags set at "carrying weight" the rear is 17" & the front at 16.25" (only when I am on the road for work)

I cannot speak for drop. At this point my many suspension adventures have left my brain incapable of anything more than telling you all this:

GET a complete kit from one company, get shocks & everything as much as you can from ONE kit....

The Hotchkis (f/r springs & sway bars) is the one exception. with the QA-1 shocks it is indeed the ultimate handling.

Rob
    Last edited by 2002GreyHD150; 08-20-2003 at 07:45 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast