Thread: DC Area

jotay21
    Name:

DC Area

Who all is form around there? I am heading up there on the 23rd for a week of training. Gets me away from the daily grind that I call work here in SC, so I am happy. Would love to meet up with a couple of you guys. Still trying to figure out how to convince the Government to allow me to drive the HD up there.

Josh

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello jotay21, I'm about 15 min. from down town DC. Give me a PM &let me know when you will be in, I'll get a hold of BLACK 2003(Bruce) & see if we all can get together!!

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Myself and peaches arent too far away maybe about 40 min without traffic definately let us know if you want to hook up and we will give it a shot.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm just outside of DC. I moved from springfield to Alexandria - right off 495. You can see my complex from the highway.

Give a shout.

Where's the training at? Is it actually in DC or the outskirts?

Oki 916's Dad NHTOC #103
    Name: Slick

Liked 60 Times in 49 Posts
    Just a thought- if you're travelling on individual orders you can ask to go POV. Reimbursement will be equivalent to airfare or mileage, whichever is lower. I'd ask your admin to run the numbers on what its going to cost- airlines and taxi to/from airport. do the numbers and see what say.
    also they'll only give you 1 travel day each way if you go POV.
    at least that's the way i remember it.
    Slick
    "Suffer No Fools"
    "USMC 1968-2004"
    NHTOC #103
    02 DSG, Born 6/18/02, Adopted 12/27/02
    BG Racing Builder- Ford racing short block,
    Trickflow heads, 6# Lower, Magnum Powers Idler Pulley
    Hotchkiss suspension, D-MR Hood Mod, D-MR Cannon Performance Exhaust,
    Stiffler long bars, JLP street intercooler tank, JLP forced air induction,
    KB waiting to be put on.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Yea on the order subject. I took my truck to Alabama for NCO academy and it cost me a pretty dime. Worth every penny though. Would have missed my truck to much.

jotay21
    Name:

It is a little easier for me since I am a civilian. I can just decide to drive or fly. the downside is that I have to wait for the re-imbursement. I think I can though. I will probably be bringing the HD, but I must admit that mine isn't as nice as everyone elses. I would love to hit a club or two while I am up there. I should be on the outskirts in the Herndon area. That is where most of the Tech stuff happens up there from what I understand.

Josh

jotay21
    Name:

Alright guys, I am up here in Arlington and I need to know where to go and hang out in the evening. Preferably someplace with a Pool table. I am staying at the Hilton right behing the Ballston Mall. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Josh

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Josh!

did you end out driving the truck up or flying? I'm in the area until Friday - then flying to Tampa for the weekend (gasparilla weekend).

There are plenty of bars in the area to choose from. Buffalo Billards is a good one (might be spelling that one wrong). Arlington is full of bars and single women bud!

I work in Old town Alexandria - which is right next to Arlington. Plenty of good IRISH bars in the area too - if your trying to do it up right!

jotay21
    Name:

I just want to find someplace to shoot pool and have fun close to the hotel. I am staying at the Hilton on Fairfax, so I am not sure what is close besides all these damn restaraunts. Would love to get out and meet some of the people here. I am guessing there isn't much on Tuesday night though. I didn't get to bring the HD. THe shop said no. That sucks, I was looking forward to the drive.

Josh

jotay21
    Name:

Any VA members up for meeting at a place called Carpool on Fairfax in Arlington tonight to play some pool? I am thinking of heading over there around 7. Somebody come shoot some scratch with me.

Josh

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Kinda hard to get up there on a week night it is pretty far from where peaches and myself live. How long are you going to be in the area?