Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: are there any jobs out there?

Hybrid View

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

are there any jobs out there?

man i've been searching for jobs for it seems the last 6 years to no avail. My current job is stressing me out beyond belief. I work for the local sheriff dept here. I was suposed to go to mandate school at the start of the month but of course my work didn't get the papers sent off in time so i'm suposed to go in feb.... it's a small sheriff dept and it's just ridiculous... they made me start working in the jail.. that's fine been there over 8 months so far.. it's a total 360 from what i use to do in mcdonough. There's a LOT of two face ppl at my work now that like to start junk.. I heard tonight someone said that I was sneaking contraband into the jail... wtf.. i wont even buy my brother or dad tobacco... let alone some damn inmates....

anyways...

i've done a lot of different stuff in the past but i cannot find the job for me anywhere. i have a lot of experience with art of all kinds, hard manual labor, office work, etc... i really wish someone would come around for me though... i'll paste my current resume on here in hope that someone out there will see it and help me out.

all i want is a decent job where i can make decent cash even if i have to bust my butt every day... so i can get a home and try to start a family in the upcoming years.

i would love a job that deals with art... i've always wanted to get into airbrushing from regular colors to custom art work but have yet to find the time to dive into it from working my other jobs.

anywho here's my resume.... please pass it on if you know anyone looking for someone reliable and hard working.

Name: Donald Brandon Jackson
    370 Redbud Drive
    Barnesville, GA 30204

Home Phone 1: (770) 358-1466
    Home Phone 2: (770) 358-7281 w/ answering machine)
    Cell: (478) 954-8416

E-mail: EVLLS1@charter.net

htto://www.harleytwotone.com

Objective:

My objective is to strive to better the business that I work for. I am a hard worker and I do my best to give the company a good name. I make sure that my jobs are completed to the best of my ability and I go out of my way in order to do what is best for the business. I have a clean driving record, no criminal past, no felonies, and I have always been drug free. I am reliable, faithful, full of energy, and looking for a steady career. I have been working around the metro Atlanta area now for over five years and daily driving all over the state has became the norm for me incase the job requires traveling. I have a reliable means of transportation. I am a fast learner and I am very willing to train for whichever position I would be best suited for. I was voted most talented among my high school senior class and I have been able to accomplish everything I have strived for.

Education:

1989-2000 Monroe Academy (College Prep.)
    Forsyth, GA
    Many sports awards, A-B average upon graduation.
    Senior Superlative: Voted most talented, Who's Who, Spanish I & II.

2000-2003 Gordon College
    Barnesville, GA
    Business Administrations Major
    Also took art classes while attending.

Employment:

2000-2001.
    RSA Termite & Pest Control.
    Fayetteville, GA.
    Pest Control Technician / Sales person
    specializing in home inspections, monitoring termite treatment systems, termite initials, chemical applications, and other odd jobs covering Middle North Georgia. Extended daily travel required daily.

2001-2005.
    Clark Pest Remedy, Inc.
    P.O. Box 1031
    3631 Jodeco Rd.
    McDonough,GA. 30253
    770-957-1915
    Specialize in home inspections, monitoring termite treatment systems, termite initials, chemical applications, training new employees, and other odd jobs covering Middle North Georgia. Extended daily travel required daily and customer service.

2005-CURRENT.
    Patriot Pest Control.
    419 Mckinley Rd
    Zebulon, GA. 30295
    (770) 229-5445
    Specialize in home inspections, monitoring termite treatment systems, termite treatments, chemical applications, training new employees, and other odd jobs covering Middle North Georgia. Extended daily travel required daily and customer service.

2005-CURRENT.
    Lamar County Sheriff Dept. and Detention Center.
    121 Roberta Dr.
    Barnesville, GA.
    770-358-5159
    Currently working for the Lamar County Sheriff Dept. and detention center.
    Certified jail operator, specialize in booking procedures, control room operations, customer service, and other odd jobs associated with the job title.

Other Employment:

I have had past jobs at home making websites for friends and companies.

Examples of these websites:
    http://home.earthlink.net/~bistatetermite/index.html
    http://www.evlls1.com/

Other Experience:

I have experience with Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, MS Excel, Sony Vegas 4.0, MS FrontPage, Flash 5, some Visual Basic, many MS applications such as PowerPoint, Word and other programs, computer background: Skilled at typing, artistic background. I am experienced in many art mediums from charcoal, pastel, paint, pencil, sculpting, etc. I have taken classes from the Art Institute of Atlanta in the past. I am a safe driver with a clean background, drug free, and I am willing to train for any position if needed. I am quick at learning new tasks. I am mechanically inclined also. I enjoy building show/race cars in my spare time. I am diverse in many fields. I am also willing to travel if needed for business affairs.

I am currently 24 years old and looking for a career with opportunities to move up in the business. I love to be challenged and have no problem with learning new skills.

Please visit my website for more information about me.

Thanks for your time.

Brandon Jackson

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Get certified and come to Cisco...

CCIE starting pay is around 90k...

2 cents

-Del

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ^^^^ No doubt...them CCIE's are getting paid. We contract them in for mega bucks an hour. They can quit at 8 am and have another gig at 9 am making more money.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how do i go about getting certified? hell at this point i'd be happy making 30k lol

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Go to Cisco's site...there should be links to training classes. Alot of trade schools offer them as well. First you get a CCNA, then CCNP (I think thats the new one) and a CCIE. Anytime after your CCNP and some practical expirience you can start making descent money.
    Last edited by 2manytrucks; 01-25-2006 at 12:08 AM.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    easy on the jokes fellas but the entire USA has a severe shortage of nurses. I have seen cases offering upwards of $5K signing bonuses with rates from $45++.

An added bonus is that it is a predominantly FEMALE job field.

P.S. I worked part-time ($25/hr) just handing pills/meds to patients. Best of luck!

Hi, my name is kromdom and I am a MALE NURSE!!!

U.S. Merchant Marine
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not art related, but something to consider... and don't let the name fool you, we're civilians

Military Sealift Command
    '03 Silver Metallic Cobra / '03 Sonic Blue Lightning

Gone but not forgotten:
    04 Black Mach1 / 04 DSG Vortech Mach1 / 99 Red Lightning / 02 DSG Harley F-150 / 04 Quicksilver GTO

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    glad you posted GRIM, just saw an ad on TV that the MSC is hiring NOW!!!!!!

Fellas, every Navy man that has seen a glimpse of the life of the MSC mariners all have one thing to say: Man, can't wait to get out someday and do THAT (same as a Navy job but MORE pay, state rooms, OT pay, awesome chow, more pay, etc.)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    that's cool. it says 8hrs a day min.. what do you do as far as work if you're not on duty on a ship? i live no where near the ocean lol might be a pain to make it to work each day

U.S. Merchant Marine
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley08602
    that's cool. it says 8hrs a day min.. what do you do as far as work if you're not on duty on a ship? i live no where near the ocean lol might be a pain to make it to work each day
    You're assigned to a ship for a minimum of 4 months and live aboard. After 4 months you can either stay if you like the ship, go on leave for a month or two, request transfer to a different ship or request a school/training. Our ships are worldwide so it's definitely not a commuter job ;) Base salary is for 8 hours a day Mon-Fri. Working weekends and anything more than 8 a day is overtime.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No matter what you go for/find I wish you the best of luck and great success.

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Win the lottery and not worry about it anymore.. That's my goal..

;-)

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Donald,
    Get certified in Pest Control (looks like you have the time in to take the HPC and possibly the WDO test) move to the metro Atlanta area approx. 3.5 million here, as opposed to the population in Zebulan. Be your own BOSS. Forget 30K try 100K+ , and I am just a one man show. I have Owned my own business for 20 years....love it. Easy hours M-F 8-5. It's not all cake and icecream, but it sure beats working for someone else.

YEEARAH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    find a sugar mama

Outta Sight...
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can personally vouch for his skills at graphic design...he made me some really great logos for me business...you can make alot of money in your spare time doing little logos and graphics....Cisco sounds like a really good idea too tho!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast