Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feb. 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Bruce "503Blackjack" Van Etten! (NHTOC #11)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Laugh Feb. 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Bruce "503Blackjack" Van Etten! (NHTOC #11)

Congrats to 503Blackjack and his amazing 2003 Two-Toned Harley F-150 and the February, 2006 National Harley Truck Owners Club Truck of the Month Award!!!

With old school touches meeting a new school truck, the results are timeless

Yet with just the right amount of bling and performance mods, the form and function of this truck balance each other out perfectly

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your two-tone 2003?

You mean besides being supercharged, the 100th anniversary edition, and the last of that F150 body style? I guess it was because it just looked so classey and, at the time, I thought it was the perfect package and I wouldn't have to do any mods to it.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I think a lot of the members here know that I've built several custom cars in the past. I'm old school but wanted a custom daily driver and the HD fit the bill. Little did I know that I would find this site and start customizing it too. I joined here just to get to know more about my truck not to change it. No regrets though, I just have to remember to keep the billet away from the old cars. LoL

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Some of my favorites are the little things that come from my old school ******ity. Like the pinstripping on the tonnue and the little orange strip just under the tape. Can't forget the cut outs though, they are a blast to open up. I'm really more show than go. Some of the other mods include:
    - Groundfroce 3/4 lowering kit
    - C-notch
    - Innovations ProSport Tonnue cover
    - Bed rug
    - Cervinis Ram air Hood
    - Blackwood window trim
    - Lighting Tails
    - Lower grill insert
    - Smoothed and painted cowl
    - Custom painted Thunder Pipe
    - Chickenears kits 1 & 2
    - Assorted smoothed and painted underhood pieces

I know there's more but I'm not that fast of a typer.
    I just ordered a bunch of new stuff that I'll reveil after it's on.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your business, your street rod, etc!

I've spent the last 35 years working for the US Army Corps of Engineers. I could retire at any time but as long as I have the opportunity to do some good, such as going to Afghanistan and New Orleans, I'll stick around for a while. I recently started an on line business which will double my income by the time I retire. When I am home I get a lot of satisfaction doing fixups around the house. I consider myself a handyman and there's nothing I won't try.

I've been into hot rods since I was a teenager. At first it was muscle cars but then I gravitated to pre 60's cars. I like to build them until I think they're finished and then move to a new project. In the past 10 years I've had a 54' Ford Customline, 31' Ford roadster, 50' Ford showbox, and my present project is a 40' Chevy pickup, which I am doing a major overhaul on right now. I hope to have it done by Spring.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a long time, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    No question about it, the people. Although it's been said before, the people here are the most helpful and sharing of anyone I know. I like to think I have a lot of friends here, even though I've only met a few.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    Hmmmm...Tough question, because I get everything I need from it now.

Question # 7:
    Now I remember you used to own a 2001 Harley, and had an old 50 something lead sled hot rod or something of the sort back at the start of the site and it all tied in together for your screen name “503Blackjack”, but what is the story behind your screen name for those of us who forget or for the newbies who are wondering?

That was the 50' Ford shoebox we called Blackjack. When I signed up I was just going to use Blackjack as my screen name, but was told it was taken. So I just combined the 50' with the 03' and came up with 503. Your right I did have the 2001 HD at the time this site started but was already in the process of buying the 03'.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? With being all around the world and the country for quite some time lately, I’m sure you’ve got some new idea’s brewing!?
    Remember the pictures of the Jingle trucks I posted from Afghanistan? Just kidding!! As I said above I'm more show than go, and therein lies the future of my truck.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!

I would just like to think everyone on this site for this honor, because without them I wouldn't be here.

You can also visit my Poor Boys web site to see some of the cars talked about here.
    www.theoriginalpoorboys.com

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM February, 2006!

Last edited by BigD; 06-13-2006 at 07:00 AM.

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats!

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Congrats! ... first 2-tone TOTM!
    aka LeeRandall - NHTOC #25

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats. Very well deserved.

Rusty
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    congrats..... sweet truck

Vader
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Gorgeous Truck!!!! Congrats!!

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sweet Truck....congrats!!!

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Cool From one Bruce to another....

Good looking truck welll deserved, congrats.

Later...
    Bruce

click da pic!

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sweet looking two tone blackjack. congrats on a well deserved honor.

GOT BLING?
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Grats Bruce!!!!!!

YEEARAH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    great pick. Very nice looking truck!

SEMPER FI
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats. sweet ride

BLACK '03 #3104
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    GREAT looking truck, congrats!!!
    WHINE,WHAT WHINE?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I was surprised as anyone that I had been nominated for this award. Thanks to those that did.

Now on to the future, a bunch of stuff ordered this last week, may need a mod party to put it all on. Anyone available? LoL
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    YEah if you head on down to Oside Ca!!

Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast