Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: South floridian up for a plug change?

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    TAMPA now I get to bust on Mike. lets go Mike help a brother out.

481/555 right now :-)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I can't take this anymore. If you want to drive up to West Palm I will help ya. I live 10 miles west of I-95 off of Northlake Blvd. I have all the tools and a large garage. Weekends, of course. I've done my plugs twice. Six hours the firs time with beer and about an hour and a half the second time after I got the 6mm swivel socket. Let em know.
    2002, #00722, Two-tone paint, Built Engine, SCT X3, Fram Cold Air Intake, Ported TB, Ported Plenum, Magnaflow, OBX Longtubes, Electric exhaust cut-outs, 8#Lower, Magna Powers blower, Oil Seperator, Lightning Valence, Tail lights, Brake Light, Orange LED frame lights. Optima Yellowtop, Chickenears billet under the hood, Bedrug, ARE Bed Lid, Reflexxions Cowl Induction Hood, Kenwood DVD/TV/CD Touchscreen, 481 RWHP, 555 Torque

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    7mm swivel, unless you have some different type of CP Screw...not trying to bust your chains..

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    he must have been in the middle of a plug change

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If I gotta help, then so do you Adam. Firemedix...let us know. I am in Tampa and Adam is in Orlando. I am not believing that in all of Miami, not one of the brothers can help him out except for Michael who lives in WPBH.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i would like to help, but he wants someone who has done this before, and i dont blame him. i'm more of the mustang guy, because i have done plenty motors and swaps in them. I have all the tools i think we might need, and im game if you are, let me know, im in coral springs maybe 15mins from you. maybe we can both go to 2002's house and learn something.
    COMING SOONBuild #3 THE CHARM

Girls dig a rough ride :)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well I think if I could save 3 hours of "wrenching" by driving an hour & 1/2 to and from... it would definitely be worth learning that way. What weekends are you free BlacknBlue?? Maybe we can get something together with firemedix and cobra if he wants... Thanks for stepping up!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, the system was down a long time..... But what a cool new look. Let em check what's happening when. I do have a 6 car garage in size. There is only room for two vehicles but the area in front holds three wide. Let me check with the boss of the household who does the scheduling around here and let you know. A sat. would work just fine if the fireman can get off. It would be nice if you could get those extended coil pack bolts. In fact, I've been wanting a set ever since I saw MrBlueOval's. They make the job 75% easier.
    Go to http://www.madenterprise.com/F150.htm and see the screws. This is not a job you do every week but it is nice to do to see the condition of your plugs and put a good set in. I won't go into which set to replace them with. That takes up about a dozen other threads. Do a search for it.
    I will be getting my hood and decklid and bumper painted hopefully next weekend. After that would be good. We can cook, etc. and make a day of it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey, how about a group buy on those coil screws??????

V-TEC THIS
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im in!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As a starting point. How about the 18th? I can try and get ready for that day. If not, let's look at the 25th.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I can do either of those days. Just need to have time to order and have arrive the coil screws (unless I can buy them locally). What is it exactly that makes the job easier by getting them? Just curious, I believe you that it does.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in on the 25th the 18th I work. I want to thank all of the fella members that offered me help. Just let me know what type of beer you guys like. And one more time thank you thank you thank you.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It looks like the 25th if that will work for everyone. I like Ice House myself. The screws at this point will make it a lot, a lot, easier to put everything back. The drivers side rear coil screw is the worst one to deal with. Every coil is held in place by a little bolt. The plugs aren't hard, the coils are the hard part. I dropped one of the bolts once and it just disappeared. I use a magnet to retreive them from the coil. They would be nice to have. I'll ask if we can get a deal on a group buy.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlacknBlue
    It looks like the 25th if that will work for everyone. I like Ice House myself. The screws at this point will make it a lot, a lot, easier to put everything back. The drivers side rear coil screw is the worst one to deal with. Every coil is held in place by a little bolt. The plugs aren't hard, the coils are the hard part. I dropped one of the bolts once and it just disappeared. I use a magnet to retreive them from the coil. They would be nice to have. I'll ask if we can get a deal on a group buy.

Sounds like a plan

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast