Thread: Question of the day!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question Question of the day!!

I have a 2004 F250, Harley Davidson Edition of course, with the 6.0 Turbo Deisel. If you had a budget of $2000 what would be your engine Mods you would do? I use the truck primariyl as a daily driver but it does tow a 9 thousand pound fifth wheel as well over a variety of terrain including mountains. I am looking for more fuel economy as well as more power without haveing to do the Head bolt switch yet. I can do the work just need the suggestions. Thanks.

El Capitan
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would start with an intake and exhaust. Not sure about chips. I've heard the 6.0's can't handle much boost without lifting the heads.
    Rusty
    2006 F250 DSG HD
    Black 2003 #00023 - SOLD

R.I.P Blake "Fuzion" Finnell

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I heard the same thing. Was trying to stay away from doing just that till further funds are available to put studs in.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know this is a bit late, but if you are seriously looking at a chip or tuner, I would STRONGLY suggest contacting Matt @ Spartan Diesel Technologies. He has made a major name for himself on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forums--especially within the Super Duty & 6.0L forums. But, don't take just my word for it, go hit the forums, and do some searching.

His custom tunes (on an XCal IIII) are unrivaled by any "out of the box" chip or tunes. And, he has several that he can send to you that will work on a 6.0L with the stock head gaskets & head bolts.