Thread: Exhaust questions

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Exhaust questions

I have a 2004 f250 Turbo deisel, extra cab short bed. I need to know what is a good e xhaust system Turbo back that wont take me a week to install. I have access to most any tool I should need but I will be doing the install on a concrete slab outdoors. I have looked at several but I wanted to get a consensus on what everyone thinks would be the best. I primarily use my truck as a daily driver with long trips pulling a fifth wheel every few months. I want a good sound but I am primarily looking for performance and fuel mileage. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Also if you know of a place to look that has a great price that would help as well. Also any ideas on how to keep the stock Harley chrome exhaust tip??

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you can figure out a way to keep the exhaust tip let me know its one of the things thats holding me back from doing my exhaust. I've always been partial to Magnaflow, but I don't know how they are on our diesels.

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    IMO, MBRP has the best bang for the buck. You can opt for a cat delete pipe and a muffler delete pipe, and the beauty is that you can put either (or both) back on in 15-20 min if you should choose. Very easy install (I've done 2 now) with simple hand tools.

In regards to mileage and hp gains, don't expect a lot. But I noticed my turbo does spool a little more quickly, my EGT's drop MUCH more quickly, and it I love the way it sounds.

--Snake

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a 2005 with the Banks 4" turbo back system and love the looks and sound of the system. My lift guy installed it in no time flat and stated that it is one of the easiet to install in his experience. And the tip that came with the system looks great too! I gained 3 MPG with the addtion of this system along with my Superchips programmer and that is with 37" tires. Good luck with your search.

- 2011 HD F-150 RWD Tuxedo Black # 00359
    3/5 Belltech drop on 24's

- 2009 HD Street Glide Pewter Pearl w/ Lots & Lots of BLACK & CHROME!
    " Fo Sho MoFo "

http://www.nhtoc.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=9687

Old Hog
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've installed a Bassani turbo back system and a couple of Banks turbo back systems, I love the way the Banks system sounds under throttle over the Bassani, but the Bassani was an easier install(no fabrication required to eliminate the cat) the Banks system requires you to cut a section of pipe off of the cat and reuse it, the Bassani system came with a full length downpipe.