Thread: Recal Speedo

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Lightbulb Recal Speedo

OK, I have an '03 speedo with the 130 mph readout which is more than my stock 100mph readout. I have not been able to find a dealer to recalibrate it. So, I have been thinking about using the Tire Size feature on the Predator to slow the speedo down to the appropriate speed. What do you think about this:

Stock tire size is 768 revs per mile.

I took (100/130 * 768) which comes out to 591. I haven't changed it yet, but does anyone think this will work?
    NHTOC Gallery My FTW Gallery
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 #5531
    Performance: JLP Built Shortblock, Comp Cams & Valve Springs, Stage IV Steigy Ported Supercharger, LFP E-Fan, LFP Aux Idler Pulley Kit with additional billet idlers, AirforceOne full Intake kit, FTVB, Art Carr TC, Morosso Trans Pan, Predator Tuner, 8# Lower, JLP Competition R Exhaust, FT Tranny cooler, 255 fuel pumps, Canton Deep Oil pan w/ Windage tray.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks for all the replies. LOL j/k

I think I got it to work, or at least it is close. The above calculations were incorrect though. I actually needed to go 130/100 = 1.3. 1.3 * (20168/29.2) = 898 (I am getting Toyo 295/40s). The closest the Predator will allow me to adjust is 903 since it does not adjust by increments of 1. I set it at 903 and it seems to be very close. I will have to cruise at 60 and see how long it takes me to go 1 mile to see just how accurate it is.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good Info CP if it works out then needs to be a sticky!