Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry i was driving back from the dyno. its open again

Quote Originally Posted by SCBQQSTN
    hey torrie i want to send you a message but you inbox is full

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chase,
    I know your pain and the heartache of blowing up a motor. I saw your pics and know the excitement of doing thingsyourself and getting the desired results your hoping for. The stock Rods and piston combo are not made towithstand the abuse of a SC. Ford should have used the Manley rods and forged pistons like onthe Cobra.Compare the two and rest on that. You did nothing wrong. This is something that has bitten several of us. The stress on the internals is increased as we go up and past 13-15 lbs of boost. I could have warrantied mine by going stock and dragging it to the dealer but we all take chances, some pay dearly some enjoy the fruits. I've been on both sides. My build up will be 100% since JLP is doing it all. I do not have the time to do the work. I wish Icould but in the end a major build is best placed it the hands of someone who does it for a living. I want nothing left for error. There is too much $$ at stake when you go that far.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBLUEOVAL
    Chase,
    I know your pain and the heartache of blowing up a motor. I saw your pics and know the excitement of doing thingsyourself and getting the desired results your hoping for. The stock Rods and piston combo are not made towithstand the abuse of a SC. Ford should have used the Manley rods and forged pistons like onthe Cobra.Compare the two and rest on that. You did nothing wrong. This is something that has bitten several of us. The stress on the internals is increased as we go up and past 13-15 lbs of boost. I could have warrantied mine by going stock and dragging it to the dealer but we all take chances, some pay dearly some enjoy the fruits. I've been on both sides. My build up will be 100% since JLP is doing it all. I do not have the time to do the work. I wish Icould but in the end a major build is best placed it the hands of someone who does it for a living. I want nothing left for error. There is too much $$ at stake when you go that far.
    I hear you on that 100% just need the truck done ASAP, i see that JLP is in PA and would'nt want to see the bill in towing there, plus getting it there and the swap done, and back may be nearly 2 months or more, not to sure on their prices 100% install. i will probably give them a call and see whats up. Also i know bill quoted a motor with all the fixens (longblock) for under 5k assembled, i could easily drop that in there and add the intake manifold/SC and then get it retuned. only if i could get a hold of bill now

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    the tow bill there is @1G and the turn around is in the neighborhood of 3-4 weeks.

Adam

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfradam
    the tow bill there is @1G and the turn around is in the neighborhood of 3-4 weeks.

Adam
    Couldn't bring myself to do it, i have a friend in the shippin business that had vehicles transported from all over the country for abou $600 but still exspensive to me, and if you have a problem and

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18