Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: April gtg with Torrie

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

April gtg with Torrie

I spoke to Torrie yesterday and we brought up a possible dyno day in the Jacksonville area with Torrie. He would love to do another gtg like the one last August see past thread

Anyway I was thinking of maybe setting something up for April. The dates I had in mind was either the weekend of 4/22 or 4/29. I understand that people's schedules are busy but I wanted to give enough time for people to maybe schedule a date on their calendar for this gtg. For us South Florida people it's about a 4.5 hour drive. What we ended up doing last year is meeting the Central Florida people in Daytona Beach and then driving e up to Torrie's place from there together. Since Torrie's dyno is now in Jacksonville I'll need to see where it's located and what hotels are close to there. This might be able to give some Georgia folks a chance to come down as well. Looking for some feedback please.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The directions from Mapquest are pretty good, but I can post them up if you want me to. I'll probably be in on this too just because I like you guys so much. It's about the same for me time wise but well worth the trip. Call Tony at HP Performance (he has the dyno now) and see if he will allow us to use his outdoor lift for mod work for a set rate for the day. It will really make things easier.

I might try going to a 6# to see what differences there are in HP... sometimes you get more hp with a 6# than 8#er due to heat factors generated by the 8#er. Also see if the EGR delete will affect hp due to heat loss.
    Last edited by fepony; 02-28-2006 at 11:52 AM.
    JLP shortblock, Stage 3 heads and cams, 2.3 Whipple w/3" upper and 4# lower.Ba2800, Accufab, Pacesetter LT's, 60#inj, twin 255's, LFP efan, PI 2600 stall, Detroit Locker Tru-Trac, 58" LFP Tbars, Bilsteins all around, D.M.R. panhard, MT DR's. 564/598 on 15# boost

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i might go with the 6# lower and remove the L upper. from what i understand with my setup( 4 lower,l upper) i will not have as much torque compared to having a 6# and stock upper. what do you guys think?

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by SCBQQSTN
    i might go with the 6# lower and remove the L upper. from what i understand with my setup( 4 lower,l upper) i will not have as much torque compared to having a 6# and stock upper. what do you guys think?
    No Mark, actually the only draw back from the L upper is the higher chance of belt slippage due to the smaller dia. I don't think it has anything to do with tq.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by fepony
    The directions from Mapquest are pretty good, but I can post them up if you want me to. I'll probably be in on this too just because I like you guys so much. It's about the same for me time wise but well worth the trip. Call Tony at HP Performance (he has the dyno now) and see if he will allow us to use his outdoor lift for mod work for a set rate for the day. It will really make things easier.

I might try going to a 6# to see what differences there are in HP... sometimes you get more hp with a 6# than 8#er due to heat factors generated by the 8#er. Also see if the EGR delete will affect hp due to heat loss.
    Mike, I didn't have any info on the HP Performance or their address & phone number. But that wouldn't be a bad idea if we could use their lift. Before I make any calls I'd like to see about how many people would be interested. Maybe I'll post this in the GHTOC forum as well.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks mike

JUST FOR SoFlaHarley
    Name: Adam

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm going to sebring with SVT the weekend of 22nd.

Girls dig a rough ride :)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would love to go because I have an L upper that needs to be installed and tuned (can always install before trip and trailer up the truck though)... but I have read throughout these forums that it is inappropriate for our trucks to be tuned when out of their normal conditions.. i.e. Jacksonville's weather, humidity, etc compared to Miami's.. Can anyone give me a yes or no on this being true or just a myth or what?

If it doesn't matter then I would love to be there... Are those 2 weekends in April the only ones you were thinking possible? If so then that's fine because I can save both those weekends for sure as of now.

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It won't matter. You can do the swap there and dyno there and BLAST home..

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ^^^ agreed, not enough of a weather change to matter. What they mean by those posts is don't tune at sea level and then drive your truck in the mountains. Or don't tune in a desert environment and drive in a wet humid environment.

Sean, I might be down for a retune....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by 2manytrucks
    ^^^ agreed, not enough of a weather change to matter. What they mean by those posts is don't tune at sea level and then drive your truck in the mountains. Or don't tune in a desert environment and drive in a wet humid environment.

Sean, I might be down for a retune....
    I was hoping you'd say that. I guess we need to narrow either the 22nd or 29th down.

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    wait a minute....is Sean needing a tune for a reason???? hmmmmm.....

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You just can't trust that boy...he's done up and done sumpin... out with it sean...give it up...what you done done?

Man this is expensive!!!
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Sean did you buy something in West Palm Beach???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No I didn't buy anything....yet. Seriuously though I think it's time for another gtg with my Florida friends. I am saving the rest of my pennies though. I've spent a lot in the past month or so. I have to give the bank account a rest.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast