Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My Slammed HD

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    LOL

Harley 356 truck is lowered quite a bit...

YEEARAH!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all this discussion and no new pics. I would still really like to see a side shot on flat ground.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    lol yes indeed mine is lowered quite a bit .

shocks will not affect ride height at all. you can keep your same exact ride height, and swap the crap toxic shocks for bilsteins and see a WORLD of improvement in ride and handling. i'm lowered 3" up front and 4.5" in the rear. not quite as low as your setup, but i'm as far as i can go out back without needing a c-notch, and i have room for maybe another inch up front if i do lower A-arms and swap my cut ruslow coils for non-cut to just get 1" additional up front, but my truck is FAR from a 4x4 LoL!

you keep saying you have a smooth riding and handling truck, that may be true, but as all the other guys will say, better quality shocks will definately make it a smooooother ride on the highway, and a better handling truck in the corners, and get rid of a lot of sway and slop.

as for a 5600 lb truck not being able to handle? well a 5600 lb truck isnt made to run in the 10's 11's and 12's in the 1/4 mile either, but there sure is quite a few of them out there which just makes it all that more impressive when one does acheive that level. with the right suspension setup they can be made to handle way better than you could imagine a truck would be able to. check out SVT_KY, Tim Skelton, Ruslow, etc. over on NLOC....a few of the 1%'ers who have a heavy azz truck that will kill in the corners

and didnt say i didnt like your truck, and apparently you've never seen a pic of mine since you assumed i had a 4x4 stance from running a premium grade shock your stance looks KILLER that low just offering a friendly suggestion for a future mod to improve another aspect of it...thats what this site is all about

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    josh you forgot a couple more smilies for impact.....

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by Harley#356
    lol yes indeed mine is lowered quite a bit .

shocks will not affect ride height at all. you can keep your same exact ride height, and swap the crap toxic shocks for bilsteins and see a WORLD of improvement in ride and handling. i'm lowered 3" up front and 4.5" in the rear. not quite as low as your setup, but i'm as far as i can go out back without needing a c-notch, and i have room for maybe another inch up front if i do lower A-arms and swap my cut ruslow coils for non-cut to just get 1" additional up front, but my truck is FAR from a 4x4 LoL!

you keep saying you have a smooth riding and handling truck, that may be true, but as all the other guys will say, better quality shocks will definately make it a smooooother ride on the highway, and a better handling truck in the corners, and get rid of a lot of sway and slop.

as for a 5600 lb truck not being able to handle? well a 5600 lb truck isnt made to run in the 10's 11's and 12's in the 1/4 mile either, but there sure is quite a few of them out there which just makes it all that more impressive when one does acheive that level. with the right suspension setup they can be made to handle way better than you could imagine a truck would be able to. check out SVT_KY, Tim Skelton, Ruslow, etc. over on NLOC....a few of the 1%'ers who have a heavy azz truck that will kill in the corners

and didnt say i didnt like your truck, and apparently you've never seen a pic of mine since you assumed i had a 4x4 stance from running a premium grade shock your stance looks KILLER that low just offering a friendly suggestion for a future mod to improve another aspect of it...thats what this site is all about

Hi. Yes. I saw pics of your truck. It was the truck of the month. I can see the top of the tread on the front tires. I can see the entire side wall of the tires. While that might be low to you.. To me its a 4x4. I guess its just a matter of taste. I like low trucks. My truck is low. The sidewalls are below the fender lines. I would like mine lower. But to do that I am going to need to change the rims and tires. OR at least the tires.

My comments about a 5600lb truck not handling.... I have other vehicles for that purpose. I dont see the point in trying to make this truck keep up with my other ride. In fact. It would be impossible to do that

So it sounds like your idea of "handling" and mine are vastly different and my idea of being "slammed" are very different as well. Oh well. We will have to disagree We are individuals

I am glad you like your truck and your mods! Thats what its all about!

P.S. You guys should really consider the C notch. It really made the difference on my truck. I cant imagine how some of these trucks ride without the Axle clearance in the rear.

Cya

AZ

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally posted by HiDef03
    all this discussion and no new pics. I would still really like to see a side shot on flat ground.
    Sorry. I have been in vegas on bussiness. I will snap some tomorrow.

Clark

The Man
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f150naz

My comments about a 5600lb truck not handling.... I have other vehicles for that purpose. I dont see the point in trying to make this truck keep up with my other ride. In fact. It would be impossible to do that

AZ
    What is your other ride that the would be impossible for our trucks to keep up with? Just curious

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Hi. Yes. I saw pics of your truck. It was the truck of the month. I can see the top of the tread on the front tires. I can see the entire side wall of the tires. While that might be low to you.. To me its a 4x4. I guess its just a matter of taste. I like low trucks. My truck is low. The sidewalls are below the fender lines. I would like mine lower. But to do that I am going to need to change the rims and tires. OR at least the tires.

So it sounds like your idea of "handling" and mine are vastly different and my idea of being "slammed" are very different as well. Oh well. We will have to disagree We are individuals

I am glad you like your truck and your mods! Thats what its all about!

P.S. You guys should really consider the C notch. It really made the difference on my truck. I cant imagine how some of these trucks ride without the Axle clearance in the rear.

Cya

AZ
    must not have been my truck then, cuz i've never been TOTM

and also my truck is a 00....which means no fender flares. pop yours off your truck and you'll have an extra inch of wheel well gap too.
    you said you've got a 4/5 drop...mine is a 3/4.5.....apparently that extra 1/0.5 difference makes it a 4x4 lol

oh well...some people just refuse to take friendly suggestions

enjoy the toxic shocks while they last lol

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 700/784, 09.89@138.78
    *Worlds Fastest Street HD: '08/'09/'10/'11/'12/'13****Worlds Fastest Eaton Powered HD: 12.19@112.48 11/17/07*
    D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, 13.75@099.46 (*SOLD* 10/15/11)
    REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #2893 of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, 14.93@091.30
    HASTIE: 2011 GT Mustang 5.0 6-Speed, Built 10/29/10, Bought 11/11/10, 392/352, 12.00@117.79 (*SOLD* 05/14/13)
    BADGER: 2013 Explorer Sport 3.5L TT, Built ??/??/??, Bought 05/14/13, ???/???, 14.53@096.25
    GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If your truck is really that low without a C notch your truck rides like &****. There is no question about that. THe Axle must bang the frame consitantly. Or is it sitting on the bump stops? I find it funny that you are wanting to somehow change my mind in what what I like... Lol. I dont like your setup. I have riden in trucks with it. I dont like your shocks. I dont like your stance. Your truck sits to high in the air. If you want to take offense to that brother... Go ahead. But I am honest about it. your setup is for you and not me. So Be a man and let it go... Lol I am happy. I wanted to post about it on the forums so other guys wanting a low truck could have the option of going this way. I love my truck

I will get those pics of the truck on level ground for the ones that wanted them.

Cya!

AZ

The Man
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If your truck is really that low without a C notch your truck rides like &****. There is no question about that. THe Axle must bang the frame consitantly. Or is it sitting on the bump stops? I find it funny that you are wanting to somehow change my mind in what what I like... Lol. I dont like your setup. I have riden in trucks with it. I dont like your shocks. I dont like your stance. Your truck sits to high in the air. If you want to take offense to that brother... Go ahead. But I am honest about it. your setup is for you and not me. So Be a man and let it go... Lol I am happy. I wanted to post about it on the forums so other guys wanting a low truck could have the option of going this way. I love my truck

I will get those pics of the truck on level ground for the ones that wanted them.

Cya!

AZ

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    shorter cut bumpstops, upgraded hotchkis TVS leafs, upgraded bilstein shocks...no bottoming out

but i assume you'd already know that as well since you know everythign else

hmm...GB on Toxic Shocks? iwanna ride like a boat too!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Everybody has their own ideas and taste. That's what make this hobby so much fun. You get to see everybody else's ideas. So you like...some you don't. It's all good if it makes you happy.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If you lowered the rear of your truck and did not C notch I dont see how you can say you do not bottom out. Measure the axle to frame. Your truck must sit very high. My trucks fender to wheel center is in the 14 inch range. I know that if I did not C notch I would be sitting on the frame for sure.

Anyways.. Here are some more pics I took this morning of the truck on level ground. So far so good. I did trim back the inside of the Fender flare on the drivers side as it would rub at times. No rubbing now. No bottoming out. Just a smooth clean ride I do wish it was lower in the rear. But I do have to tow my race car around so I will prob leave it. With the 22 inch rims its going to look alot nicer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The Man
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You might want to get some clunk washers if you are still having problems with your wheels rubbing. Looks good though. Your right 22''s will set it off real nice.

BLOWN 01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    looking real good there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast