Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My Slammed HD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    These may not be the proper ones however one could go this path or..

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...005-19,GGLD:en

These are F-150
    http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...tion/to=r.html

These would be the cheapest and by far the easiest to install..
    http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...eters=Boosters
    Last edited by Dbl G; 09-14-2006 at 04:45 PM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    DBL G. Your links are dead. Can you explain what you where suggesting? I am officialy tired of the front being to low. Its really sagged over the last year. You now cannot turn lock to lock. The tire is nearly hidden.

I made the mistake of buying cheap shocks when I lowered this truck.. with 15,000 miles on this setup the shocks are now totaly gone.. They where nitro slammers.

Question 1.
    What shocks will fit the truck with the DJM upper and lower control arms and stock springs? Will stock length fit or do I need shorter stroke?

Question 2.
    What shocks will fit the rear. Its currently 6 inches lower then stock as measured with a C notch.

Question 3. I would like to raise the front up 1.5 to 2 inches. THis way the tires wont rub so badly. I have stock HD springs up front with the DJM control arms. Can I get Standard F150 springs? Or should I put the spacers in like you suggested in the post above?

THanks a ton!
    Last edited by f150naz; 08-29-2007 at 11:19 AM.

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thats one badass truck what suspension do u have?

shenanigans
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Holy thread resurrection batman!!
    2001 Harley Davidson F150 SuperCrew w/ many mods SOLD

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Right?

Gomez, your best bet to find out the suspention he has...or...had is to read the thread from the first post.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i wonder if it he noticed if that thread was from 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anthony

GOMEZ HD
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    o shoot i just saw the pics n i dint read

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GOMEZ HD View Post
    o shoot i just saw the pics n i dint read
    It's all good

There's no site rule that says we can't wake up the dead threads.

7klub
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice...

this is my first time seeing those tail lights, what kind are they? also does those headlights fight flush?

JD

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
    lol yes indeed mine is lowered quite a bit .

shocks will not affect ride height at all. you can keep your same exact ride height, and swap the crap toxic shocks for bilsteins and see a WORLD of improvement in ride and handling. i'm lowered 3" up front and 4.5" in the rear. not quite as low as your setup, but i'm as far as i can go out back without needing a c-notch, and i have room for maybe another inch up front if i do lower A-arms and swap my cut ruslow coils for non-cut to just get 1" additional up front, but my truck is FAR from a 4x4 LoL!

you keep saying you have a smooth riding and handling truck, that may be true, but as all the other guys will say, better quality shocks will definately make it a smooooother ride on the highway, and a better handling truck in the corners, and get rid of a lot of sway and slop.

as for a 5600 lb truck not being able to handle? well a 5600 lb truck isnt made to run in the 10's 11's and 12's in the 1/4 mile either, but there sure is quite a few of them out there which just makes it all that more impressive when one does acheive that level. with the right suspension setup they can be made to handle way better than you could imagine a truck would be able to. check out SVT_KY, Tim Skelton, Ruslow, etc. over on NLOC....a few of the 1%'ers who have a heavy azz truck that will kill in the corners

and didnt say i didnt like your truck, and apparently you've never seen a pic of mine since you assumed i had a 4x4 stance from running a premium grade shock your stance looks KILLER that low just offering a friendly suggestion for a future mod to improve another aspect of it...thats what this site is all about
    I want my truck to sit like jekyll!! I know you have a thread in here somewhere explaining how you dopped it in record time... I read it a long time ago but i can not seem to find it today.. :/

Charter Member
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batrup99jeremy View Post
    I want my truck to sit like jekyll!! I know you have a thread in here somewhere explaining how you dopped it in record time... I read it a long time ago but i can not seem to find it today.. :/
    Josh has done a bunch of different stuff over the years. Will have wait for him to post-up.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ahh i found it!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    edited
    2003 HARLEY DAVIDSON F-150 #2888 (Black) of 10,047. Born on 1/23/03.
    Formerly "100th#2888"

Dual Magnaflows w/ X, HID headlights, LED rear, L 3rd, Line of Fire, Roush fogs, Eibach 1" front drop, 2" Bell Tech rear drop, "L" spec Bilsteins at all 4, Ported and Polished throttle body, Custom polished stock upper, Volant intake, METCO Idler pulleys, Innovations ProSport. TRADED IN ON 6/3/08. Fun while the ride lasted. U.S. NAVY SEABEES RETIRED.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    ahh i found it!

Jekylls or Hydes? At the time I made that post you quoted I only had hyde.

Hyde's current drop consists of V6 coils with 1 full coil cut, QA1's all around, no sway bars front or rear, fiberglass leafs, and belltech shackles on the 1" setting, and JLP chromoly longbars.

Jekyll's current drop consists of Ruslow coils with no coils cut, bilsteins all around, stock front and hellwig rear sways, energy suspension sway bushings and endlinks, stock leafs, and JLP shackles on the 4" setting. Only future modifications will be JLP chromoly longbars, and a helper bag setup for towing.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yea I was talking about jekyll's, I want my truck to sit low, but not slammed I still want it to ride good and not scrape on any of these horrible Louisiana roads..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast