Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Rob "2002GreyHD150" Weeks! (NHTOC #55)

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Laugh March 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Rob "2002GreyHD150" Weeks! (NHTOC #55)

Congrats to RobW on March's TOTM!!!

With a one of a kind two toned DSG/Silver paint job, Rob's truck is one of the most recognizible on the road

From a semi-stock looking Harley truck, to a totally pimped out custom paint scheme, countless suspension setups, always upgradedstereo systems, etc. etc., Rob's truck has been through the paces of the mod bug

And for being one of the highest mileage HD's on the site, its still looking brand spanking new with the TLC that 2002GreyHD150 puts into his ride!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your DSG 2002?

I was looking for a more performance oriented vehicle to use for work & that could carry all of my samples.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

I was born & raised in a car family, except they were all GM guys. So Ford for me was the “rebel” in me looking to be different. Every vehicle I have owned has been about not seeing myself across the intersection.

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    Well, all the normal bolt on’s performance wise. 6# lower (8# is waiting, Chicken Ears cold Air stage II, Volant intake, FTVB, SCT Xcal2, Maggy L-style exhaust. I’ve been through every available suspension there is, & I am happy to have the Hotchkis TVS. (5) Arceo Megastar Wheels, Kumho tires. Had an ARE lid, then a Leer Topper, now the Innovations Pro-Sport lid. Reflexxions Cowl Hood. Stereo has been a constant evolution. Obviously the Custom Tu-Tone paint was a major change.

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your business, your Mustangs, etc!

Well, self-taught, ASE certified mechanic. Certified judge in both national sanctioning Car audio competition associations. Classically trained percussionist. Been in Sales my entire working career. Music is tied for #1 hobby with cars. As I said I have this thing about seeing myself (my car actually) on the road around me. I hate having what everyone else has. I own 5 1974-1978 Mustang II’s (the Charlie’s Angles cars, most Mustang Enthusiasts don’t like. Still own my first car, my ’75 Mustang II coupe. Own a ‘78 King Cobra, 1 of 4,745 cars built. I also have a ’77 Cobra which is 1 of 25 made. My new business adventure is basically just taking what I have been doing for years, & depending on it for my primary income. I’ve been building Street Rods for other people. Focusing on wiring, fuel injection conversions, & resto-mod conversions (where you take a classic car & put modern engines/drivetrains).

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a long time, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    The people. I know, it’s the standard/camp answer.. but its true. I’ve been on as many as 15 forums at one time & this one is the ONLY one I have stayed with from start to present. 99% of the time the Romper-Room antics never raise their heads here. Everyone is respectful, polite, & genuinely concerned about the PEOPLE.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    FAQ, How-To, & 101 sections at the very top of the Main Forum page. Consideration of expanding sections & adding special areas only for Members, beyond Galleries.

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name at, but for yours, it’s pretty self explanatory. But just for the heck of it, any particular reason you chose 2002GreyHD150 as your online name besides the obvious?

Nothing besides the obvious. I knew I would sign each post with my name.

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? With that sick two tone paint job, custom rims, a suspension setup you’re finally happy with, and finishing up a crazy sound system, you have anything left planned!?
    There are 5 special body mods I am saving for next winter. I have about 5-7 special projects I will be testing on my truck then offering. None of them have been done on a HD f150 or any F150 I am aware of. Stereo will never be done. Performance level is almost where I am content. I want 400/500 & I am cool. When the SOHC give up.. 32-valve DOHC is next.

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!
    Just that I value the friendships & help I have found on this group. I chose, like a couple of other people, to be an SV here and only here because I thought I would give back to the group while helping offset the cost of development of other toys others would enjoy.

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM March, 2006!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Rob you got one sick custom their!!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    congrats, Rob W.....long overdue and well-deserved!

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love the ground effects!

Lines are nicely blended. If I were to change my DSG... THIS is the way I would do it.

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    all i can say is SEXY!!!

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What ground effects and rear is that on your truck Rob?

I'm twisting the wife arm.. I want to redo her truck..

-Del

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Rob!!!!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks everyone....

Del its the DG Motorsports Ground Effects Kit (JUST the 6-piece skirt kit), Street Scene's Rear roll pan (fit is horrible), stock front valance. I am seriously thinking of switching to the Sir Michaels roll pan...

I just started adding pics to my gallery... the complete evolution of the truck is there (well almost).

thanks again!

Rob W

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOOOHOOO

Congrats Rob W!!! Well Deserved!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ahh,, she's a beaut!!!!!
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Rob! You have a bueatiful ride there!

Paul

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congrats Rob... Truck looks sweet!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Rob, really like what you've done to your truck.
    NHTOC #11
    2003 HD 2Tone #4270

We are upping our standards....so up yours!

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!

DFW in da house!

Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Back to a KB
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Rob!
    2002 Black Harley-Davidson F150
    2.6 KB, DMP Built Motor, Dynatech LT's

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast