Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forum suggested changes

jpanchalk
    Name:

Quote Originally Posted by BigD
    The reason a user cannot delete a post, is that if it is the first post, it deletes the complete thread. You have not been able to delete posts on the old vB...only admin and mods!
    I've never been a mod, but I deleted ALL my old posts (and thus the whole thread) in the J-Ho section that were dealing with old, one-time track meets. I also was able to delete the entire thread of old parts that had been sold.

I understand the part about ratings based on posts, but I cannot stand searches bringing up old stuff that has no relevancy anymore. But, no big deal. I still like the functionality of this new update much more!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exspecto
    It would be better if you just installed one of the many free browser plugin spellcheckers than to change the forum code. This isn't English class and I doubt anyone really cares if you make a mistake now and then.

Here's some search results. Firefox has more than one extension that will do this, I believe.
    Here's one that I use called ieSpell. It works pretty good for me and adds an icon in the tool bar and can be used on any IE web page that has fields for you to type. Enjoy

http://www.iespell.com/download.php

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Actually vB has a spell checker package that we will add when we get a chance. The spell checker has been here all along for MY use!

I guess that we had not turned off the post delete on the NHTOC. We did on the NLOC 2 years ago. We will also turn it off on the NHTOC for reasons stated.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the look keeps getting better. I like the solid orange stripe better than the original fade to the middle stripe. The pages need some more black space to balance out the orange. I don't know exactly where. It's coming along and I appreciate the effort you are making. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks.

Girls dig a rough ride :)
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The blue skin display is INCREDIBLY easy to read. All of the lighter colors make it better on the eyes. Haven't seen the other ones, but I'll check em out and edit my vote if it changes

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Still having a problem with speed and the main forum page not loading all the way, can anything be done or am I SOL?

I know -0- about computers but another forum I visit changed to this same format about 6 months ago and had the same problem, for me anyway, after a few weeks they figured out they had the security levels set to high, thats what they said anyway, after a little tweeking its just fine now.

thanks for listening

Big J

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    one problem i find is the 10 character minimum for posts. thats dumb.

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well we had three or so different styles to choose from...now there are two....both are pretty easy for me...

TX Maybe your security levels are to high?

Try going to the top of an IE Window then click on TOols,then selec INTERNET OPTIONS fromt he drop down menu, and then selecting the SECURITY Tab from there check all the settings and make sure they are set to default.....they could be set to high and blocking some things?????

Always working
    Name: Big John

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ....lol, I doubt if I have any security!
    Im on MSN TV at home, pretty lo-tech but it gets me by, probly why its so slow.

At work its ok and we have security out the yingyang there.

BTW, the forum looks completly different on MSN, kinda strange.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    please turn off the auto-check'ed box for "save replied PM to sent box"

saw my PM box filling up as i was replying to PM's, and noticed that the "save copy to sent folder" is automatically checked in the upgrade version. best to turn the auto-check off for that like the old version before people fill up their PM boxes and dont realize why lol

havent been on in almost a week, upgrades are lookin GOOD!!!!

*edit* another thing, i may just be missing something, but can i move entire threads? The only thing i see under my moderator tab is to move individual posts. kinda a PITA to click every post in a thread to move the entire thing to a proper forum
    Last edited by Harley#356; 03-13-2006 at 11:01 AM.

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Josh,

Look at the top of the page...."Thread Tools"!

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    DOH! i was getting confused. was expecting it to be in the "moderation" drop down window on the bottom Thanks D!

there was one other suggestion i had besides turning off auto check on save sent PM's, but i'm blanking out at the moment...

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    few more quick suggestions that i think would be helpful...

1. the auto-check turned off on saving sent PM's
    2. make hyperlinks a different color other than black. they blend right into the text. i'm so used to hyperlinks being blue, when they are in black it usually means its a broken link
    3. on the Post Reply screen, where to the right it has the box with a few sample smilies. can we get rid of this one...:AnglDevl: and put a non strobe light flashing smiley there on the preview page? when i'm typing the RED, WHITE, RED, WHITE flashing gets annoying. i like the new smilies, but less "busy/flashy" looking ones for the post reply page would be nice

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Auto check of the "Save Copy" of PMs is now turned off.
    Angel/devil is no longer a smilie.

Checking on blue hyperlink.
    Last edited by BigD; 03-15-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to be pickey. But I don't like the blue. Its hard to read to me. I suppose I'll live with it if I have to, but like I said, I don't like it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast