Thread: Computer Code

Cam Slammin
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Computer Code

whats the computer code for the 05 & 06 6.0L Diesel ?

on my 06 6.0L I bought a diablosport tuner which works on 03-06 6.0L trucks but I want to switch to the innovative diesel tune SCT but I don't know where to find the code. do all the f-250 and F-350's share the same code, if so what is it?

Sumo Blue
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay, this is the 98% solution. Won't work if your truck has been reflashed, and there's a slight possibility that the truck was flashed before it ever left the dealership. Unlikely, but possible.

First method of getting your code, aka your strategy, is to pull the PCM and look at the tag. Remove the cover on your driver side battery and you'll see the PCM box sitting between the battery and the inner fender. Remove the cover on the PCM, unplug the two (I think) plugs, and pull your PCM out. There will be a tag on it with a 4 digit code--3 letters and a number. In my case, it was HBX2.

Second method is to get a SCT from Innovative that doesn't have any programs on it and use it to pull your strategy. Very, very easy and 99% accurate. Then call Innovative, tell them what your strategy is, and have them email you your tunes.

Innovative has some GREAT programs. Other options are DynoJoe (from this site), Biava Performance, and Direct Injection Performance (my favorite and can be found at www.gogodiesel.com ).

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this now.

Hope I was able to help.

--Snake
    Last edited by Snake; 03-18-2006 at 09:26 PM.