Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DI/SO DI/DO magnaflow muffler

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey cpharley, will be getting all the stuff i need for the supercharger install tommorrow on my 01, how long did it take you, how hard was it 1- 10, what kind of power are you seeing,how is your motor holding up, and is the drivability still good? want to make sure i shouldn't just throw in a lightning motor or 02-03 motor in it.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra94
    hey cpharley, will be getting all the stuff i need for the supercharger install tommorrow on my 01, how long did it take you, how hard was it 1- 10, what kind of power are you seeing,how is your motor holding up, and is the drivability still good? want to make sure i shouldn't just throw in a lightning motor or 02-03 motor in it.
    Timing: It took me a couple weeks working a few hours a day after work and some on the weekends. Most of that time was waiting on parts to arrive though, and I did my install 99% by myself. If you get all the parts you need at one time, you should be able to finish in a weekend with a buddy's help.

Difficulty: The install was not impossible. I would give it about a 7 on the difficulty scale. Be sure to label screws. The only thing that was really a headache for me was removing the main harness. Also getting the engine harness disconnected behind the heads was a real pain since my hands are too big to fit in the small gap.

Power: The power is awesome. No complaints.

Reliability: I superchaged my engine at 19k over 2 years ago, and I am now at almost 34k and it runs fine. I hardly ever put my foot all the way into it though. I have probably stepped completely into it maybe 3-4 times since adding the supercharger. I went this route instead of a crate engine because I always planned to eventually install a built shortblock which I am doing now.

Lightning Crate Motor: If you can find a full crate motor with all accessories, tranny, and hoses for less than 4k, I would go that route if you haven't already purchased the assembly. Don't think it is not possible, because I found one on ebay I almost bought for about $3300.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im pretty much doing it myself, have all the parts down to the last bolt, and my stock harness is staying on, also bill has a stock setup for the fuel system, to where it plug n play, so im hoping to get it done on the weekend, starting friday night, hopefully finishin on sunday, and tuning during the week.

Thanks for the info cp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2