Thread: What is up with the search feature???

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What is up with the search feature???

Why do certain search terms not return any results? I tried to search "JLP" = 0 results, "air" = 0 results, etc. I know these terms have to have been posted somewhere. My goal was to learn more about the JLP ram air, but no results are found no matter how I word it. People talk about JLP all the time. So, I know that keyword should return multiple hits by itself.

I know it isn't completely broken, because I searched by my user name and returned several results. Also, I tried the same search on NLOC and have the same problem.

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    We are working on it...the problem is that the search character count is set to >3. We will try to fix the problem, but are busy with other software updates right now.

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    3 letter searches work now!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    sure does!

Thanks!

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Oh, one last thing. How do we make searches more concise? Right now if you search oil filter, you will get all threads with the keyword "oil" and all threads with the keyword "filter". I would like to find threads that contain "all" keywords where both "oil" and "filter" are found in the same thread. Seems the current search function searches using "any" keyword where either keyword is found. I tried using ("") and (+) to search terms together like Google, but it doesn't seem to work here. Is there a way I haven't thought of to narrow search results with multiple keywords? Most searches I have tried lately return over 500 threads unless I use one unique keyword that is not used often.

Supporting Vendor
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=cpharley]Oh, one last thing. How do we make searches more concise? Right now if you search oil filter, you will get all threads with the keyword "oil" and all threads with the keyword "filter". I would like to find threads that contain "all" keywords where both "oil" and "filter" are found in the same thread. Seems the current search function searches using "any" keyword where either keyword is found. I tried using ("") and (+) to search terms together like Google, but it doesn't seem to work here. Is there a way I haven't thought of to narrow search results with multiple keywords? Most searches I have tried lately return over 500 threads unless I use one unique keyword that is not used often.

I agree. It needs to be more specific like before. other than that i like the new format.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exspecto

"exspecto is the best" (with the quotes)

enjoy
    Excellent! Thanks for the efforts.