Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dyno Numbers

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up New #'s in

Well, did 6 more pulls today with my newly added lightning 2.93 upper pulley and a slightly more agressive tune installed.(other mods already installed)

Now making 382rwhp and 482rwtq numbers with the torque curves pulling hard from 2900rpm to about 4900rpm. Thats about 460 flywheel HP and 580 flywheel torque numbers, that's feaken amazing for a 331 cu. in. motor!!

Joel did a fine job tuning the truck and picked up some extra power while flattening and maintaining 11.7-11.8 A/F ratio thru out the complete band. I told him to add some more timing in and we are getting 22 degrees now but I haven't experienced any detonation while running Sunoco 94 octane. He has given me 2 more degrees accross the board if i want to add it in with the XCal 2 but he said that was my decision to make and told me to watch out for detonation especially if it starts to get warm out.

I think this is about all I can squeeze out of this factory blower setup and maybe a stage 3 or 4 port job might pick it up to the 400/500 level but I will likely look into a whipple charger setup and bullit proof lower end before that happens. Perhaps I will do the blower port job anyways and add the Riechard racing blower spacer in since I already have that stuff.

I am totally happy with the current results and I tip my hat to Joel and the boys at WP Racing in Windsor for the fine tuning they have done on my cruiser. Transmisson is tweaked out just the way I like it now and that makes this truck the nicest vehicle I have ever driven.

So this is my latest story to tell and I hope you all have the same bonus experience I have had with these superb cruisers.

Cheers to all
    Last edited by Harley2003; 05-21-2006 at 11:22 AM.

El Presidente
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Nice.

Looks like we're a dead heat - same HP but your tourque was up by 3.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice #'s

I hate you guys I knew there was a good reason for me to stay away from here...now I want more ponnies

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Wow ... these trucks have predictable results!

Oh my Hog ... I noticed that as well when you had your #'s posted up. Seems like you can pretty much predict the HP and torque #'s by what you have bolted on. I have seen a few thrucks with the same parts installed and they are all pulling about the same #'s within 5 points of each other. When I'm cruising thru your hometown I will race you but my truck gets 305 lbs heavier when I get into it ... LOL (I am 6ft 6in tall though), so I don't think the 3 extra lb/ft torque spec will help at all. Let's just say if I hired a jocky to drive my truck I could pick up .2 in the quarter mile .... LOL.

Either way you look at it these trucks are a blast to drive and the looks you get when you are cruising around makes you feel like you are one lucky bastard to be driving this vehicle.

Cheers, Brian

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up Bassini pipes on your truck?

Mr. Hoffman, are those pipes in your picture Bassini pipes? I like the look of that setup and I have a chance to pick up a new set of those pipes for cheap. I was also wondering if you need to add a couple extension pipes to get them to exit at the proper location. If you don't have those pipes then please disregard my question.

What year is your truck? Is it SC'd version?

These are amazing cruisers for sure.

Cheers, Brian

Name:

Liked 111 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley2003
    Oh my Hog ... When I'm cruising thru your hometown I will race you but my truck gets 305 lbs heavier when I get into it ... LOL (I am 6ft 6in tall though), so I don't think the 3 extra lb/ft torque spec will help at all. Let's just say if I hired a jocky to drive my truck I could pick up .2 in the quarter mile .... LOL.

Cheers, Brian
    Be prepared for a 3 way race then.

"Shadow the Hedgehog"
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley2003
    Mr. Hoffman, are those pipes in your picture Bassini pipes?

What year is your truck? Is it SC'd version?

These are amazing cruisers for sure.

Cheers, Brian
    Thank's Brian they are Magnaflow silver bullets and the truck is ' 02.

Last edited by Hoffmann; 05-21-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    #2256 built in 3/26/02 - 6# lower, 377HP/483TQ before the Whipple.

Best trucks ever !
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool Do you guys have 3 lane highways in Edmonton?

Well, and here I thought Alberta was still waiting for running water in the houses .... LOL

I guess things have changed over the last 30 years or so. See what happens when you only get CBC and all the Detroit influences on the tele.

I would definitely like to make a trip out west sometime this year but I am not sure it's in the plans according to the worst half. My youngest is in competiton dancing and were off to FLA in July. That will be hot down there at that time. CRAP !! Wish the competion was in February instead.

Oh well, I hear they are launching the space shuttle Discovery somewhere between July 1-19 time frame. I will be there from the 3rd till the 10th. With any luck I will see that launch and feel the thunder of the solid rockets.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2