Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlotte gathering

"Fuzion" 1986-2007 R.I.P.
    Name: Troy

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I personally think the More the better! Put the word out and see who can come. I think Del and I are meeting up in Raliegh if anyone wants to roll with us.

Del, the volvo is fixed (well no more problems yet) it was the thermostat. So the wife and I are good for the 22nd. Hopefully it won't be raining the truck hasn't been in the ran for over a year. Your wife is going correct?
    L8ter
    Troy - 2002 DSG #09850. 378 HP, 465 TQ

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceharley
    I personally think the More the better! Put the word out and see who can come. I think Del and I are meeting up in Raliegh if anyone wants to roll with us.

Del, the volvo is fixed (well no more problems yet) it was the thermostat. So the wife and I are good for the 22nd. Hopefully it won't be raining the truck hasn't been in the ran for over a year. Your wife is going correct?
    L8ter
    That's the plan so far. The date and location needs to be nailed down SOON. Last time I drove to Charlotte, it rained the whole time. My truck looked like used butt tissue. It's due for a major wash and wax.

-Del

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I detailed mine before I left on this trip (Left on March 7) and Mine hasn't moved since then. It has been waiting for me in the garage since. I can't wait to get it back out on the road (NO Rain please, I'm begging).

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    OK folks, is this meet nailed down yet?

Date?
    Time?
    Location?
    Details?

Need to finalize everything so I can plan accordingly..

-Del

GetBusyLivinOrGetBusyDyin
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well I just realized that my day will be consumed at an auction I've been waiting for that is on the 22nd. So if the meet is nailed down to that date you guys have fun without me. Easter is this coming Sunday and then the NFL draft is on the 29th-30th, though I could keep tabs on that from a place like Buffalo Wild Wings for the meet.
    Justin

NHTOC#157 / 03 2-tone #9101
    444 RWHP / 527 Ft-lbs TQ SAE

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    should we push unitl early may? I cant miss the Draft and it seems many cant make the 22nd.

I'm not a planner so someone please grab the bull by the horns.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    How many guys are planning to go? I would like to stay closer to home. Maybe if the guys from Charlotte can't make it, We could meet up in Raliegh or Fayetteville if more people from this area can make it. Otherwise I guess I will just have a Mod day at the House, anyone is welcome to come. I just would like to know in advance.
    Mods that need to be done to my truck:
    1: Install of 3 gauges, A/F, boost and Trans temp.
    2: Redo my amp mounting location.
    3: Look at how to install my center speaker.

Just a short list but it needs to be done sometime.

Let me know people.
    Thanks

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A push is fine with me. I'll be in S.C. this weekend visiting family.

Troy, you buying the beer? If you need help, just ask. I'll be around doing something nonconstructive.

-Del

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Only time I say no to a helping hand is if they try to help wash the truck. Big no no I do that myself.

What kind of Beer you want? I only drink the hard stuff. Then maybe we'll have a Burgers and brats on the BBQ for dinner?

T888 Recall
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm a fan of wheat beers (i.e. Shiners, Strawberry Blond, etc).

You already done your pre-wiring of the gauges? The Boost will take 5 min, the tranny 5 min, not sure about the A/F.

There is a trick to keep the brass ferrels from getting crimped when you compress them onto the boost gauge tubing. Put a small nail into the tube and pre-tighten it. I had problems with the ferrel clipping the tubing.

-Del

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Del,
    I just ordered the gauges last night. Bought the Boost and A/F from "djdelirius" and then the Trans temp and guage pod from Madenterprise. Both should be at the house before I get home. But I'm not worried about the wiring I do stuff like that day in and out. I work on Aircraft electronics including install. Plus I installed Car audio for 2 1/2 years. I like wires. Its the other stuff I'm not sure about. I could probably figure it out but if you want to help I would be thankful.
    Check your PM's

Anybody else interested in coming to Smithfield? I can't BBQ for everyone but if enough people show up we could go to the Outback for dinner.
    Thanks and let me know!

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Delmustator
    I'm a fan of wheat beers (i.e. Shiners, Strawberry Blond, etc).

You already done your pre-wiring of the gauges? The Boost will take 5 min, the tranny 5 min, not sure about the A/F.

There is a trick to keep the brass ferrels from getting crimped when you compress them onto the boost gauge tubing. Put a small nail into the tube and pre-tighten it. I had problems with the ferrel clipping the tubing.

-Del

A/F has to have the sensor bung welded in hte exhaust before the cats i think. I had mine done by the shop.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    According to this thread http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....=gauge+install and this one http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/.../gauge_pod.htm there is no need to add any other sensors.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. I should be installing this on the 22nd now.
    Last edited by 1niceharley; 04-11-2006 at 01:52 PM.

Kenne Bell Powered
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1niceharley
    According to this thread http://nhtoc.com/vbforum/showthread....=gauge+install and this one http://www.timskelton.com/lightning/.../gauge_pod.htm there is no need to add any other sensors.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. I should be installing this on the 22nd now.
    They may differ by brand, i sprung for a jfo and it has a sensor in the exhaust. Best bet is to look up the brand and check their websit.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Ok, Thanks. Mine is an AutoMeter Ultralite, which doesn't need a different sensor by all the research I did.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast