Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DDX 7015 not sitting flush

Name: Sean

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well just to give everyone an update:

HellRaiza was nice enough to take a look at my radio for me. I'll meet up with him 10:30 tomorrow morning. Thanks alot Carlos I owe you big time!
    as far as my sub enclosure goes, I've been back and forth. I've been reading the stickies in the audio section. I've pulled up past threads on enclosures and things written by Rob. I hardly did any work today. My thought was to get the stealth box and be done with it which still may be an option. Then I pulled up the plans for HD4MULA's box and thought maybe I could work the dimensions a little to make the 12w7 work. Then the thought of a ported enclosure vs a sealed enclosure came into play. I'm reading so much I'm getting headaches but I want to be as educated as possible. I do want to use the 12w7. It's brand new and I think it would sound awesome in the truck. I went out to the truck to get some measurements and I think the box would be much bigger in length and width than rear console. Then another thought came up. Should I have the woofer fire down towards the floor, or have the woofer fire towards the back of the truck and have the sound bounce off the rear wall area. Looks like my weekend will be busy with more reading from this site and JL's.
    Sean E.
    '02 DSG HD ( Gone but will always have a special place in my heart...)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean... the best way to do what you want is to figure out what enclosure space you have THEN find the woofer that works in that space...

Although i agree the 12w7 will be an awesome woofer.. it will require an enclosure much larger than the rear console's interior dimensions allow.

HD4mula's box is an awesome design & can work with many woofers, however when you get to massive woofers like the JL w7 series, the Kicker solos', the Alpine SWX's... they just won't fit no matter how much you play with dimensions inside the console shell.

In our trucks most accurate & least directional is down firing configuration. the back firing will be a challenge. You really need the measurement of 1/2 the diameter of the woofer between the center of the cone & the rearest boundry surface. So, in the case of a 12" woofer there needs to be 6" between the woofer's cone & the rear cab wall. AND you are firing into a plastic panel versus the solid metal floor... so rattles, noises, & poor strength for "rebounding "... so I would go downfiring or just go big & fire toward the front with a strong grill to protect the woofer.

spend a little time in the galleries, there are lots of upward/forward angled enclosure pics... theya re big, but they will slam.

Rob w

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well a BIG, BIG, Thank you to Carlos (HellRaiza) for installing my player the right way. We ended up not needing the stock sleeve. Instead we used a double din kit from American International that worked very nicely. 'Raiza was impressed with the fit. I met him at his house and he took an hour out of his day off to help me out. Thanks again, I owe you one! It looks good and I'm very happy. As far as my subwoofer I'm getting the stealth box. I thought about it and read enough threads to make me dizzy. So once the stealthbox gets here next week and gets installed I'll be able to tune the truck and she'll be good to go.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean it was a pleasure, anytime you need some help let me know...I will try to make it to morroso tomorrow. That AI kit was awesome!!
    '03 Black # 4977 ----SOLD
    Mods: 2.80 Upper, 6# lower, Accufab SBTB, Intake, DiabloSport Predator ---- 410 hp/522 tq

'06 Pontiac GTO 6-Speed

Mods: DiabloSport Predator

Best 1/4 Mile: 13.4 @ 108

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean i hadnt even realized that you were having a problem with the speakers.. if you dont get it fixed i will let u know the next time i have a day off so we can have you all set... Also since you ordered the stealthbox what are you going to do with the 12w7 you have?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well the speaker problem I think is coming from the surround sound processor. It was working fine all day yesterday and then last night about 11:30 it started acting up again. I have to take the rear panel off to see if there is a loose connection. I won't know what will happen with the 12w7 until sometime tomorrow. I think I'll be able to just swap the 12w7 for the Stealth Box but I'll let you know.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sean i cant be positive, but i wouldnt put the w7 in there, that box is nowhere near the amount of airspace you need for that sub. You dont want a burnt voicecoil on a W7.. check jl's site for the reccomended enclosure for a w7 and check the stealthbox's airspace

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HellRaiza HD
    Sean i cant be positive, but i wouldnt put the w7 in there, that box is nowhere near the amount of airspace you need for that sub. You dont want a burnt voicecoil on a W7.. check jl's site for the reccomended enclosure for a w7 and check the stealthbox's airspace
    No I wasn't going to put the 12w7 in the stealth box. Instead of having to pay for a stealth box I was going to trade the 12w7 for it.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ohhh ok i misunderstood.

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley
    Well a BIG, BIG, Thank you to Carlos (HellRaiza) for installing my player the right way. We ended up not needing the stock sleeve. Instead we used a double din kit from American International that worked very nicely. 'Raiza was impressed with the fit. I met him at his house and he took an hour out of his day off to help me out. Thanks again, I owe you one! It looks good and I'm very happy. As far as my subwoofer I'm getting the stealth box. I thought about it and read enough threads to make me dizzy. So once the stealthbox gets here next week and gets installed I'll be able to tune the truck and she'll be good to go.
    Okay Sean, that's where you were when I called for you Sat. morning. I didn't leave a message but I tried to page you and put in my cell number. Hey that' s great news that Carlos got you sorted. I too called him later on in the day (thanks Harley_Hottie for getting me his #) and Carlos called a friend in the area to help me get some chrome Tsnuami battery terminals with the digital volts display. (Thanks Carlos) Finally found them at JR Electronics on Bird Road.

Hey Carlos, I went to Moroso on Sunday did you? I think I sat right behind your friend Tony from Dream Car South.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman150
    Okay Sean, that's where you were when I called for you Sat. morning. I didn't leave a message but I tried to page you and put in my cell number. Hey that' s great news that Carlos got you sorted. I too called him later on in the day (thanks Harley_Hottie for getting me his #) and Carlos called a friend in the area to help me get some chrome Tsnuami battery terminals with the digital volts display. (Thanks Carlos) Finally found them at JR Electronics on Bird Road.

Hey Carlos, I went to Moroso on Sunday did you? I think I sat right behind your friend Tony from Dream Car South.
    I'm sorry Chuck I didn't recognize your number. I saw it come up and I didn't answer it because I didn't recognize the number. I do have your cell number but not programmed into my new phone. I'm pissed off now that I missed you. I don't get many cell calls and my number seems to be close to someone else's number too so I get a lot of wrong numbers and dropped calls. I'm really upset I missed you. I'm programming your number in my cell as we speak

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Chuck I tried to make it, but my brother has a turbo sentra se-r and we needed to get his transmission on to take it out there but we didnt finish the tranny till about 4, we figured it was too late. How did you run??

Quote Originally Posted by HellRaiza HD
    Chuck I tried to make it, but my brother has a turbo sentra se-r and we needed to get his transmission on to take it out there but we didnt finish the tranny till about 4, we figured it was too late. How did you run??
    I didn't run anything, I went to watch as I was just passing through.
    It was pretty cool seeing that Team Titan Scion run a 6.81 at over 200 mph in the quarter!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlaHarley
    I'm sorry Chuck I didn't recognize your number. I saw it come up and I didn't answer it because I didn't recognize the number. I do have your cell number but not programmed into my new phone. I'm pissed off now that I missed you. I don't get many cell calls and my number seems to be close to someone else's number too so I get a lot of wrong numbers and dropped calls. I'm really upset I missed you. I'm programming your number in my cell as we speak
    Hey no problem buddy. I was there a week doing a course and had some free time Sat & Sun afterwards. I should have called and tried to set something up earlier but my brain was fried from all the book work during the week. I'll be travelling thru a few more times this year so I'll catch you again on another trip. Take care.

Que Bolada!!!
    Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Sean
    How bout a pic.......
    Which is the best place to buy the DDX 7015 or DD7017.I'm looking into buying one soon.

Carols (HELLRAIZA) what's the price at your shop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast