Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wtb if price is right

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

wtb if price is right

WTB a 5.4 supercharged motor, preferably from a L, but will also take an HD. I have a SC already, just looking for something to handle what i want to throw at it. Been going back and forth about this, and its either supercharge my N/A, and buy a built block down the road, or buy one ready to go just needing installation. What do you guys think

My Screename doesn't work
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    sounds like you have money to spend...
    I'd get a built short block and a whipple

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    buy an L like I did

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kromdom
    buy an L like I did
    wish i could, but already have another car, 94 cobra 338ci supercharged 14# of boost, got fuel cell yesterday an will get it running again on the weekend.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kromdom
    buy an L like I did
    I don't think that he wants to buy the whole truck for 20k (aka 20k supercharger .. sound familiar?)....................... he just wants an engine.

Name: Rich

Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
    do what i did put the s/c on the n/a motor. then save for a built block wehn the n/a tires out! i have 80k on my truck and i just did my swap. its real easy to do! i htink the hardest part was having to tear it apart again cause of a torn intake gasket! tip: use small pieces of card board about the same size of the gasket. put them on top of the gasekets the position the intake inplace. lift up on the intake then slide the cardboard out. if you use mike (madenterprise) which you should, he has everyting you need! and im sure anyone here can lend a hand!

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tpr103
    do what i did put the s/c on the n/a motor. then save for a built block wehn the n/a tires out! i have 80k on my truck and i just did my swap. its real easy to do! i htink the hardest part was having to tear it apart again cause of a torn intake gasket! tip: use small pieces of card board about the same size of the gasket. put them on top of the gasekets the position the intake inplace. lift up on the intake then slide the cardboard out. if you use mike (madenterprise) which you should, he has everyting you need! and im sure anyone here can lend a hand!
    do you like the power it was giving you, what setup did you go with, and who supplied the parts, and how many #'s of boost and horsepower

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ck
    sounds like you have money to spend...
    I'd get a built short block and a whipple
    whats better the whipple or KB?

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if you've been over @ NLOC, the debate about KB vs. Whipple is never ending.

Marshall,
    Looks like you totally missed my point, shipmate? Tongue-in-cheek.....look it up

i boguth the upper assembly from monkeybisquit off ebay. i got a brand new harley set up. it came with the complete wiring harness, injectors, gaskets, thermostat, new coil packs. i ordered every other nut bold bracket and ect from madenterprise.com. i went with a 6lb lower to give me 12psi. i also opted for the madfan e-fan, ported and polished throttle body, c&l elbow, airaid intake with custom cold air, bassani cats and midpipes, into a magnaflow di/do muffler, sct excal2 programmer. like i said before it was really a easy swap. and the end result wow what a difference! im not even fine tuned yet. im glad i did it and i wouldn't go back. i still have all my stock crap and thats going to the junk yard this weekend!

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    very nice, so I guess with 12#, you should be putting about 360-380 rwhp? i was told not to boost over 9# with the N/A mill, because of the pistons.

Supercharged '01
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am currently running 10# on mine and have been since March 2004 with no problems. I have an L supercharger and 2lb. lower. Once my JLP SB is installed, I will be running 16# with a ported blower.

it actually depneds on the condition of your motor and yuor tuner. right now with my truck not being tuned i can't fully run full throttle. so i only boost it to around 8# but it has gone 10#- 12# on more than one occasion. once i get it tuned im going to take her to the track just to get a #. im not into racing the truck. i have a race car for that. but i wanted a harley with a s/c. this truck was too good of a deal to pass up, so i did the swap. besides the 01's are the rarest!

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    what year HD do you have? for a 01 the swap is a little cheaper since odds are you already have the 4R100 tranny. if you've got a 00 or a 01 with the 4R70W then it'll make a full tilt swap a lot pricier.

a top end swap can be done for around 3K and putting down some nice power. or if you cant resist the mod bug and keep adding little chit here and there you can blow past the 10K mark easy

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley#356
    what year HD do you have? for a 01 the swap is a little cheaper since odds are you already have the 4R100 tranny. if you've got a 00 or a 01 with the 4R70W then it'll make a full tilt swap a lot pricier.

a top end swap can be done for around 3K and putting down some nice power. or if you cant resist the mod bug and keep adding little chit here and there you can blow past the 10K mark easy
    i have an 01, and it is the 4r100 i know i will want more power, so debating on the built shortblock, if i get a good deal somewhere/ totaled truck, i will sell my whole sc setup. Maybe with gas prices going up past $3.00 a gallon down here in florida, someone might want to swap motors If you dont mind me asking tpr 103 how much did you end up spending on parts, after buying the supercharger?
    Last edited by cobra94; 03-30-2006 at 09:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast