Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Back of '06 Harley F150 too High

On A Mission!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I recently had my GF 2/5 kit installed and I absolutely love it!!! Very level, aggressive look for the truck. There seems to be only one problem though....the bed rattles even when I hit a small bump in the road. Veronese 1 gave me a place to start but I was wondering if any of you other guys experienced the same with this kit.

P.S.- I have all of the stock suspension components so hit me up if anyone needs anything.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopperdog
    I recently had my GF 2/5 kit installed and I absolutely love it!!! Very level, aggressive look for the truck. There seems to be only one problem though....the bed rattles even when I hit a small bump in the road. Veronese 1 gave me a place to start but I was wondering if any of you other guys experienced the same with this kit.

P.S.- I have all of the stock suspension components so hit me up if anyone needs anything.
    Nope... My bed doesn't rattle or make any noise... Check the bed frame bolts to make sure they weren't loosened during install and forgotten about...

On A Mission!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Logan...I'll be sure to give everything the once over underneath and see if I can find anything.

On A Mission!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I found it....my bump stop is loose underneath and the axle hits it causing the rattling. How do I tighten it up?? Any advice?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I climbed under the wifey's rig this morning. The GF lowering shackles I had installed a wile back dropped the rear but not quite enough. So out came the air-ratchet, floor jack & stands. 30-minutes later, the 1" blocks were removed as well. The u-bolts are threaded plenty far enough. Now the truck sits perfect. The rear is between 3/8' and 1/2" higher than the front. Just a very slight rake, PERFECT. All this with a full fuel tank. No shims. The pinion heigth changed approximately 5/8", as I had the GF supplied shims installed with the blocks.

The trucks rides as smooth as glass.
    2006 Harley Davidson Ford F150 - SOLD
    McGaughy's 2/5 Lowering Kit, Air Lift Slam Air Assist (Rear), Roll Pan, 4.10:1 Gears, Truxedo LoPro Tonneau Cover, Carbon Window Tint, Roll Pan w/Hitch
    STS Remote Turbo System, Dirty Dog 11" Converter, FTVB Calibration Kit, Deep Aluminum Pan, Auto Meter Gauges, SCT XCAL2 Custom Tune, 434HP 511TQ

2007 FXSTB Night Train
    Denim Blue, PCB Black Inverted Front End, V&H Big Radius, SERT, SE Air Cleaner Kit, HTCC 10.5:1s, HTCC CNC Ported Heads, 103" Cylinders, 251 Cams, 97HP 104TQ

2008 Cargo South 7x16 V-Nose Enclosed Trailer
    Black w/Diamond Plate Stone Guards, Aluminum Mag Wheels, White Interior Walls, Black & White Vinyl Floor (In Process), E-Track in Floor (In Process)

2007 Shelby Mustang GT #4453
    No Modifications - Yet!!!

2007 VW GTI 2.0FSI (Wifey's Toy)
    Revo Stage I, Progressive Tint, Forge Motorsports Billet Diverter Valve

Ford Taurus (Winter Driver)

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about an installer for South Florida I think I want the DJM over the Ground Force but any opinions on either?

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Or Atlanta.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan@Trilogy
    This is the Ground Force 2"/5" kit...

WOW...that is the look I want for my '06, minus the decals (I just registered tonight and bought my '06 H-D about 3 weeks ago)...

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan@Trilogy
    This fixes that...

Except you don't sell polished anymore.

Ezekiel 1:18
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Lower load capacity

Quote Originally Posted by ElectraGlide
    ...Maybe it is the tires with the lower profile side walls... The manual says to inflate them to inflate them to a max of41 pounds and no more inflation will help with the load carrying etc. It suggests 36 pounds for normal driving with the Pirrelli Scorpions. It's odd (or maybe normal!) that no one rally can come up with the definitive answer.
    The Pirelli P275/45 VR22 tires are 'P' rated construction... intended for Passenger car use. Switching over to 'LT' rated tires would bring the load capacity back up to normal F-150 limits. 'LT' = Light Truck

Additionally, P construction tires are derated 10% when used in LT applications - Pickup trucks, Vans and SUV's. So what you see printed on the sidewall is not necessarily the actual load capacity.

Example:
    OEM BFGoodrich LT275/65 TR18 on a 2007 F150 Lariat Super Crew 4wd are rated at 2601 lbs.

OEM Pirelli P275/45 VR22 on a 2007 F150 Harley Davidson Super Crew are rated at 2469 lbs.

But the P tires put in the LT application of the Harley F-150 effectively have only a 2222 lbs rating... lowering the Harleys' payload and towing capacity even further than what the sidewall says. Sorry for the hijack.
    Last edited by Ken2007HD; 04-10-2007 at 08:05 PM.
    2007 F-150 - Harley Davidson Edition / AWD / Dark Amethyst Metallic / Piano Black Interior
    2000 S2000 - Silverstone Metallic / Onyx Leather / Hardtop / Chrome OEM Wheels
    1956 F-100 - Big Window Custom Cab / 351 Cleveland / Toploader Gearbox

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My 06 AWD Update...

Im back,, seeing all these great trucks on this site got me motivated again.
    This is what I've done so far: I removed the 06 orange decal from the rear, and added the 07 Chrome letters. Installed a Roush hood scoop, Roush gas cap door, Roush springs and Roush Exhaust. She has a 2/5 drop as a result of the springs in front, and shackles in back (removed 2" blocks). Added the K&N 77 series filter system. Installed the Edge Evolution programmer, and have it set on stage 2. Lower billit grill. LED Brake lights and Line of Fire strip. My next step will be a hard bed cover, and maybe a functional Ram Air hood. Shipping to Maui SUCKS, and sometimes costs more then the item I purchased. l'll post pictures as I get them... Aloha from Maui.... Hodgo
    Attached Images Attached Images

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    looks sweet man! got another shot from the front? hood scoop looks pretty cool on there

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WOW Hodgo looks really good!
    I gotta post some pix's of my chariot as well. Did some "upgrades" as well. I like the chrome letters and the exhaust kills.
    Aloha,
    Bobby

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roush Hood.

Here are a few quick shoots of the hood scoop. Ill take some better ones later. I went with the heavy duty 3M tape, instead of drilling 4 holes thru the hood. So far sooooo good. Aloha,, Hodgo
    Attached Images Attached Images

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    looking nice!! just need a little matching billet hood scoop grille to match the big grille haha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3