Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: April 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Romeo "Kromdom" Insigne! (NHTOC #200)

The Traveler
    NHTOC owner
    Name:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Smile April 2006 Truck Of The Month - Congrats Romeo "Kromdom" Insigne! (NHTOC #200)

Congrats to Kromdom and his sweet 2001 Harley Truck for April, 2006 TOTM!

As rare as the 01 HD's are, its even rarer to find one as clean and tastefully modded as Kromdom's Cali Cruiser. And with having done his homework on the boards, all the mods on this sweet hooptie are nothing but the best and kick back the best bang for the buck, which is important to any addicted modder!

Question # 1: What sparked your interests in the Harley trucks?
    Specifically your Black 2001?

I have been riding Harleys since ’95 so I was naturally attracted to the HD trucks when they came out in 2000. Of all places, I saw one in person at a Mitsubishi dealership (whose owner had a FORD lot next door) where I was checking out an SUV for my wife. One of the salesmen saw me pull up in my then ’02 Road King and insisted that he show me “a truck” and it was love at first sight.

Question # 2: Any interesting stories behind the history of vehicles
    you've owned leading up to the HD truck or how you got it?

Upon my return from a 6-month deployment to the Middle East, I found out that I got promoted. As a gift (homecoming and promotion), I got the wife’s OK to shop for an ’01. We had visited 2 lots and were headed home when my daughter Kassie started crying. She was distraught that we were not going to buy “the black truck with nice seats and sunroof.” End of deliberation, we turned back, traded in the van and drove home in an ’01 HD F-150. Kassie was smiling all the way home….and so was I!

Question # 3: Give me a rough list of the mods that have been done to your truck. I know you've got a lot done, so you can just list for favorites if you'd like!
    EXTERIOR: ’03 lower valance, ’03 center caps, Gaylord Speedsturr, Navi chrome door handles, chrome gas door, Lightbar, vapor’s overlays (front/rear badge and steering wheel)
    AUDIO-VIDEO: Alpine IVA-300 headunit, JL Audio (stealthbox, speakers and amps), Myron & Davis headrest monitors.
    INTERIOR: added 3rd bucket seat in rear, pedals (e-brake, gas and brake) upgraded to ’03 style
    SUSPENSION: Hellwig rear anti-sway bar, Bilstein shocks
    ENGINE/TRANNY: K&N filter, FTVB, maggy pipes

Question # 4: Tell us a little about yourself. Your other hobbies, your job, your incredible ability to name every mod on a handgun just from a pic posted, etc! LoL!

I am a hospital corpsman (medic) with the US Navy for 18 years now, married with 2 daughters and reside in Southern California. It is no secret that I am a motorcycle guy at heart and actually drive only on weekends when I am with my family. At one time, I was a serious “gun nut” and had over 15 weapons before I gave up the hobby. Luckily, being in the military still allows me to “play” with guns and this time, I get to do it for free.

Question # 5: You've been a member on the site for quite a long time, what is one of the best things you like about the site that keeps you around?
    NHTOC is the first ever board that I joined and I am so grateful and glad that I did. We are family here and that is evident in the giving nature of our members. There is so much that I have learned from the “veterans” here that have helped me save tons of money. And I have told you many times over that you are one of members here that have helped me the most (and infected me with the “356 virus.” (lol) I feel obligated to PAY IT FORWARD for anyone that may need a question answered, a HOW-TO for a mod or just to make a NOOB feel welcome.

Question # 6: What is one suggestion to help make the site a better place?
    More PAID members

Question # 7:
    This is where I normally ask about where you decided on your screen name at, now I remember reading before what it meant, but for the newb’s, care to explain?

My company commander in boot camp gave me the name CHROME DOME, a jab at my shiny (chrome) bald head (dome). I have since adopted it as my screen name in the various boards/sites that I visit. I decided to stylize it by spelling it as KROMDOM

Question # 8: Almost at the end, what is in the future for your truck? I know you’ll be away from it for a while, and have a sweet azz Lightning to mod up as well, but I know you’ve got to have something up your sleeve for the HD in the future!
    My daughter Kassie will get the HD F-150 when she is old enough to drive, no surprise there since it was her tears that was the catalyst for my decision to buy it in the first place. And that right there is the future of the truck (also the main reason why the truck stayed stock). Plus this gave me the “perfect alibi” to buy an L (woot)).

Question 9: Last and final question, just an open end question for if you had anything else you wanted to mention that I didn’t have a question for...here's the place to go at it! Your website link, a plug for something, etc. etc. whatever you want to throw in!
    It might come as a surprise to the guys here but I am a religious person and live by the Golden Rule: Do Unto Others What You Want Others To Do Unto You. I believe there will be a day of reckoning and that there is life after death. However, we have only one life to live in this planet earth so let’s live life to the fullest. GIT R DONE!

And with that, I would like to say on behalf of the entire community at NHTOC, thanks for being a supporting member for all these years, and for always being there to help everybody out!! Congrats on TOTM April, 2006!

Last edited by BigD; 05-07-2006 at 07:40 AM.

5150 4 Life
    Name: Keith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Kromdom !!!!!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Krom.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    well deserved Romeo!!

Rob W

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Yea, Romeo. ¡Un qué carro dulce mi amigo!
    IN MEMORY OF
    Blake (Fuzion) Finnel 12-3-1986 - 08-11-2007
    NHTOC #120

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Krom.

Name:

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Show off! Ewww I got two trucks that are purrdie... lol

CONGRATS ROME!!!!!!

Later...
    Bruce

*SOLD - but not forgotten
    Name: Chuck NHTOC #291

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
    Krommie....congrats dude!
    I guess being the GB king has it's rewards huh?
    Good news for a great guy with a purdy truck!.....or two!

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Romeo, you've done a great job on the truck and you are a great insperation to all us modders.

Am I missing the write up? I don't see it.

needs more cowbell!
    Name: Sheridan

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Way to go!
    Yes officer... I am aware of how fast I was going!

Name: Dave

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Congratulations Romeo!!!

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
    Name: stew

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow, even the sun shines on a Dog's Butt!!!! LOL J/K my good friend....

COngrats and well deserved GB KING!!! Thanks for everything and keep it up, come home soon and lets get back to modding....been having to pull double duty since ya been gone!!!

Hi Ho Silver
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats Romeo!

#4954, 12APR01
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the props guys. Was a pleasant surprise indeed, was convinced it was going to be an April Fool's joke. Have to give thanks right back at the guys here (specially the "pioneers"...you know who you are) who have unselfishly shared their time, patience and knowledge to all of us here.

Another member of the BOC
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Romeo, Congrats bro. You are truly the GB king. Now you can add "truck of the month" to your resume.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast