Thread: WBC Installed

Threaded View

DSG
    Name: P

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

WBC Installed

I finished up my Wideband Commander project yesterday. Needless to say while it is time consuming the install is not really as difficult as one may think. I also took some pictures that may hopefully help others thinking of trying the same install. The locations for tapping into the existing truck harness were not hard to locate at all.

I followed the install info that I found on NLOC (Thanks mjmscott and Brucewrs). I did make a connection change (TPS and MAF) as suggested by RWTD (listed below).

http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101596

The correct connections are listed below (Allows you to datalog MAF with WBC only)

WBC orange wire to PCM plug #79 white/red stripe. (RPM)
    WBC analog 2 yellow/red stripe wire to PCM plug #89 gray/white stripe. (TPS)
    WBC analog 1 gray wire to PCM plug #88 light blue/red stripe. (MAF)
    WBC red wire to steering column blue/green wire or to fuse box lower right 30 amp fuse. (Fused Key On 12v)
    WBC brown wire to switch then to steering column blue/green wire or to fuse box lower right 30 amp fuse. (Fused Key On 12v)
    WBC gauge light power wire to headlight switch harness small light blue/red stripe wire.
    Ground wires to dash ground.

I started by taken the column surround, upper surround and lower dash cover off.

After getting your gauge installed run your wires through the dash and down to a location where your WBC box will be located. I Used an A pillar pod and there is a nice gap where the factory A pillar meets the dash board. Move the rubber gasket out of the way and snake your wiring through the dash.

Then I located the dimmer switch harness which is the small harness on connected to the headlight switch assembly (blue/red).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by S/C-HD2002; 04-02-2006 at 02:23 PM.