Thread: viper alarm pager light

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

viper alarm pager light

anyone know how to make the light com on, on the viper alarm pager. I heard its impossible, and only comes on when you put the battery in.

World's Fastest Street HD
    Name: Josh

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    you can also make it vibrate too IIRC. i never bothered with trying to turn the light or vibrate alert on though cuz the batterys dont last very long as it is, lights & vibrate would probably cut it down a lot more

i'd say the viper dealer you had it installed at should be able to show you the combination to make the light come on though.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    page 17 of the owners/operators manual:

to enter the Remote programming mode either:

1.) press & hold the program button on the back of the remote OR

2.) press & hold all (4) buttons on the face of the remote simultaneously

do either until the 1 long beep confirmation tone is heard. THEN:

beep/vibrate: within 5 seconds of entering the programming mode press the Lock button to toggle between beep on/off or vibrate on/off.. (note: not sure)

Illumination:within 5 seconds of entering the programing mode press the unlock button , the remote & vehcile will confirm with 1 beep for illumination on twice for off. (note like Josh said: illumination will eat batteries like CANDY. the back light stays on for like 30 secs to a minute each time...)

Paper mode: same thing, toggle using the * snowflake used for remote starting

Don't have the user/owner's manual or installer guides? Tisk,tisk... shame on you...

go here:

www.directed.com

http://www.directed.com/guides/ogs.asp

Rob W
    go to
    Last edited by 2002GreyHD150; 03-30-2006 at 08:22 AM.

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002GreyHD150
    Don't have the user/owner's manual or installer guides? Tisk,tisk... shame on you...

go here:

www.directed.com

http://www.directed.com/guides/ogs.asp

Rob W
    go to
    No i wish, a buddy of mine got it for me, and installed real cheap, so i could'nt complain

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wouldn't activate the light-up feature. I did it with mine, and I went through batteries very quickly. If you use the vibration mode it'll really eat that AAA up.

I put mine back to the basic settings, and the batteries last a lot longer. Just an FYI.

Just a thought.

Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^^ ok that's at least 3 votes.. for no.. LOL

I know my remotes eat a battery about every month to month + 1/2 depending on what battery brand I ahve around the house for the kids at the time...

I just bought a complete rechargable battery kit with C, D, AA, AAA batteries & charger... so I am going to try those for a while...

Alkalines, no matter what brand.. will only last soo long. & they get expensive.

Rob W

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002GreyHD150
    ^^^ ok that's at least 3 votes.. for no.. LOL

I know my remotes eat a battery about every month to month + 1/2 depending on what battery brand I ahve around the house for the kids at the time...

I just bought a complete rechargable battery kit with C, D, AA, AAA batteries & charger... so I am going to try those for a while...

Alkalines, no matter what brand.. will only last soo long. & they get expensive.

Rob W
    With tree votes my decision was pretty much made, i did notice, my first month with the alarm i went trough it pretty quick. I thought it was just a bad battery

Black Max Coming Soon!
    Name:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Illumination:within 5 seconds of entering the programing mode press the unlock button , the remote & vehcile will confirm with 1 beep for illumination on twice for off. (note like Josh said: illumination will eat batteries like CANDY. the back light stays on for like 30 secs to a minute each time...)

Rob W
    [/QUOTE] You guys should be ashamed. I accidently set my alrm in the light mode, and my light stays on for about 1.5 sec after the action is performed. Dont know if thats enuff to eat up batteries, but i will try for a month. tahnks for the info.